FedEx Freight | Listen to the Anti Union Guys, PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell the Teamsters to go back to giving their employers concessions...oh wait, they don't need a reminder

You guys like to play the YRC card all the time about their lower pay. Then you post some crap like this about the Teamsters not working with the companies!

I don't know what you read, but it sounds to me like ST said that the Teamsters are working with the companies. You know the part about not needing to be reminded to give employers concessions.

You guys like to play the YRC card all the time about their lower pay. Then you post some crap like this about the Teamsters not working with the companies!

Yes they do but even with the YRC guys accepting less money they still make alot more than us and have a better retirement there is no debating these facts.

I don't know what you read, but it sounds to me like ST said that the Teamsters are working with the companies. You know the part about not needing to be reminded to give employers concessions.

Eldridge Cleaver once said: "You're either a part of the solution; or you're a part of the problem.".

Sadly, for the last 35 years, since deregulation, the teamsters have been part of the problem. They haven't worked with the company's to adapt to the business conditions caused by Senator Teddy Kennedy pushing deregulation through Congress. Geez, a democratic Senator created legislation that crucified his financial backers, and he never was bad mouthed for it. Imagine that...the democratic machine screwed its' power base, and the folks on the street were clueless....

Be a part of the solution, work with regional managers and their bosses to identify what's wrong and find solutions that insure the company and it's employees continue to succeed and prosper. Tell the Teamsters to go back to giving their employers concessions...oh wait, they don't need a reminder, they trashed the National Master Freight Agreement and gave back to everyone, to save the paychecks of the union bosses......

Imagine that...

He goes from saying that Teamsters haven't worked with companies to "adapt" with no proof of this. Then taking a cheap stab at them for VOTING on concessions immediately after and saying they only did it to save the Union bosses.

Sounds like a man full of facts.

Better retirement? Have you read all the articles aboit Hoffa trying to trash the pension plan???

Mcdonalda probably has a better retirement than we do lol. But back to you and yrc what does it have to do with us?????? The answer is nothing lol how u cant get this in your head eludes me. We would be going after a pension like upsf has.

He goes from saying that Teamsters haven't worked with companies to "adapt" with no proof of this. Then taking a cheap stab at them for VOTING on concessions immediately after and saying they only did it to save the Union bosses.

Understood. I took the two different paragraphs to have two separate points.

Sounds like a man full of facts.
No matter how much we at YRC hated to take concessions.We did and this place is still here.Some of us that didn't like the terms.Tried to find other places to work.Some successful and some not.it is what it is here at YRC. Not the Teamsters or our members fault.That this corporation didn't use prudence when prudence was imperative.Do not let our situation affect your desire for a voice in the workplace and representation.

Yeah, You're right. That is enough reason for FedEx to pay you lower wages and make you pay more for your inferior benefits. 401 for retirement instead of a company paid retirement plus a 401 if you choose to have it. Yeah, You're right FedEx needs to make more and you make less. After all you have your family to think about...

Interestingly, I found this in the annual report (pg. 59). Apparently some within the Company do receive Retiree Health coverage...

Apparently, Pilots AND upper management (at FXFE), have retiree healthcare benefits, per info that slipped out in a recent meeting in Charlotte.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, Pilots AND upper management (at FXFE), have retiree healthcare benefits, per info that slipped out in a recent meeting in Charlotte.

Remember the upper never want the lower to have a bigger piece of the pie, it's more for them. Even if the truck drivers are the main engine that makes it all happen...

Remember the upper never want the lower to have a bigger piece of the pie, it's more for them. Even if the truck drivers are the main engine that makes it all happen...

Most no guys, it seems, believe it to be noble to sacrifice the personal gain potential of us all, for the benefit of a few corporate execs and the shareholders. They see no need for balance. They think it's just right, like it is. MAYBE EVEN WILLING TO SETTLE, for a little less. True.

Most no voters who post on here, continually state that we will never have anything like a UPSF contract. Not even close, they say, but what the won't say, is why.

Most no voters who post on here, continually state that we will never have anything like a UPSF contract. Not even close, they say, but what the won't say, is why.

The reason is UPS has how many thousand package drivers in the teamsters. Ups has went through strikes and didn't even fight when they bought over nite . FedEx doesn't have to worry about any of there package guys striking ground or express. The only way I think they would even negotiate is if we all voted it in. Maybe I'm wrong. I believe they would get out of the freight business if we were all to go union. Sell the freight company with the union with it. I believe they will not let freight affect their real money makers Express and Ground. We are only 13% of FedEx after all. IMHO

The reason is UPS has how many thousand package drivers in the teamsters. Ups has went through strikes and didn't even fight when they bought over nite . FedEx doesn't have to worry about any of there package guys striking ground or express. The only way I think they would even negotiate is if we all voted it in. Maybe I'm wrong. I believe they would get out of the freight business if we were all to go union. Sell the freight company with the union with it. I believe they will not let freight affect their real money makers Express and Ground. We are only 13% of FedEx after all. IMHO

Strikes??? Just a corporate boy scare tatic!!! You guys are worth more and deserve more!! Guarantee you corporate guys are getting more!!! VOTE YES !!! Get your fair share as well.....

It seems everyone (at FXFE) with a contract, has some form off retiree healthcare benefit.
O but ratt, haven't you heard? We are just worthless drivers. We don't deserve a contract. We don't deserve any kind of healthcare. We need to let the company decide what is best for us. We need to allow the company to take care of us so we can be dependent on them until we get retired, or is that fired. That part always confuses me. But then again I am an uneducated, illiterate, knuckle dragging Neanderthal of a truck driver. I should just get on my knees and be thankful that FedEx took pity on me and allow me to work here. I am so ashamed, I should be paying them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

O but ratt, haven't you heard? We are just worthless drivers. We don't deserve a contract. We don't deserve any kind of healthcare. We need to let the company decide what is best for us. We need to allow the company to take care of us so we can be dependent on them until we get retired, or is that fired. That part always confuses me. But then again I am an uneducated, illiterate, knuckle dragging Neanderthal of a truck driver. I should just get on my knees and be thankful that FedEx took pity on me and allow me to work here. I am so ashamed, I should be paying them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We will never get a contract Red racer told me so :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.