FedEx Freight | Lit Driver Fired For Accident In Nky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be anyone of us

Everyone is accountable for what they do everyday??? Just glad nobody was killed.We should treat each other with RESPECT:smilie_132:

:I was told today by some of the guys out of LIT that Sugarfoot has had only TWO tickets in the last six years both in his personal ride. The last ticket was three years ago and the other one three years before that. Also I was told that he had over 1.5 million miles of safe driving.

The suits in LIT claimed that Sugarfoots Vorad had gone off way to many times, so he was fired. I guess that bad PR for the PURPLE MACHINE was to much for the folks in Mud Island to handle.

Did I mention that there was a rookie in LIT that wadded up a set against a wall and bent the steer tire under the battery box.
Oh ya he kept his job. I guess that not having a camera present will save your job. I can feel the purple promise now OUCH! :nutkick:

Did I mention that there was a rookie in LIT that wadded up a set against a wall and bent the steer tire under the battery box.
Oh ya he kept his job. I guess that not having a camera present will save your job. I can feel the purple promise now OUCH! :nutkick:

Have seen the safety video couple times now where the driver in Texas fell asleep and cops followed him for several minutes before he wrecked. Destroyed both trailers, the tractor and who knows how much in freight claims.
Safety man said that guy kept his job. How can that be when compared to this accident caused by somebody else wrecking in front of the driver.

Think About What You Just said------------>

If he was the driver caught on tape from the police cruiser, the drivers, dispatcher, terminal manager, regional manager, and everyone up from there should also be fired. Even if he did volunteer to work that day. The most he should get out of it was a mandatory one day off. If he was told to go out that day, then start with next higher up in command, and fire them untill they reach the top.

This driver, NOT ANYONE ELSE, was responsible for HIS actions or the lack thereof. Once dispatched YOU, THE DRIVER, must make the decision as to whether conditions warrant him being on the road, his speed, distance and so on. Once on the road he must be in control of HIS/HER driving. I am NOT condoning the ideal of this driver being sent out or disagreeing with him being sent out because I was not there.

The driver got what he deserved. He's lucky he didnt kill a family. He was driving way to fast for conditions and was driving like an absolute idiot. He should also be sued for everything he has. Its the drivers job to do the job in what ever conditions are present. Im tired of these drivers complaining about the ice and weather. you chose to drive now do it safely without the blubbering and whining. why would you keep around a liability on the road? Its bad for business.

Ya'll keep tabs on this winner. He stuck his foot in his mouth clean up to his jewel case. As we all know--What goes around comes around and on the return trip it will bite you in the a$$--or as some of us say--it will knock your roll up door down. Man I hate it when people do this to themselves. :USA:

Have seen the safety video couple times now where the driver in Texas fell asleep and cops followed him for several minutes before he wrecked. Destroyed both trailers, the tractor and who knows how much in freight claims.
Safety man said that guy kept his job. How can that be when compared to this accident caused by somebody else wrecking in front of the driver.

Our safety guy said when he got out of jail he was terminated

I speak the truth. The camera doesnt lie. That guy was driving at least 60 on ice. I never said i was Jesus. I wouldnt use his name in vain like that myself. i didnt assume anything. The driver was fired for a good reason. I am far from perfect.
You say in your quote you didnt "assume" anything ... where on the tape does it have the speed of the truck from the Radar gun clocking him at 60? You said above that guy was driving at least 60 on ice, and you didn't assume to come up with that number ... what did you see that we didn't? Sounds a lot like lible and defamation if you ask me driver...

Rob

Supposedly we had 2 guys (on nearly 3000 mile/week bid runs) in KCY fired today for claiming a 30 minute "H" hook on "TO" tractor only hooks. Evidently this had been going on for quite some time, mind your Ps and Qs!

roog

Supposedly we had 2 guys (on nearly 3000 mile/week bid runs) in KCY fired today for claiming a 30 minute "H" hook on "TO" tractor only hooks. Evidently this had been going on for quite some time, mind your Ps and Qs!

roog
:nutkick: Could you please elaborate. We in the WEST don't follow the lingo used in the EAST. What is "H" hook and "TO" hooks mean??? We get paid 30 minutes for a drop. Thanks:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

To bad you guys don't have a grievence committee in place where he could appeal is case to.I hate to see anyone losse thier job even he was wrong.Everyone deserves a second chance.

:nutkick: Could you please elaborate. We in the WEST don't follow the lingo used in the EAST. What is "H" hook and "TO" hooks mean??? We get paid 30 minutes for a drop. Thanks:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

H= hook a set
TO= tractor only

I would hope the company atleast looked at his years of service. Accident free? any warnings in the past? Any violations? If the driver had a clean driving record within the company I would think a suspension with out pay would be in order. But if this was his one and only. Shame on the company.

As stated in an earlier posting by me, I do NOT know all the circumstances of said accident. With that said and by viewing said video, there were obviously many trucks (large trucks) and other vehicles that manuevered through this weather and road conditions w/o a scratch. I do NOT know this driver (I may be wrong about the part of knowing him, but name does NOT ring any bells), his driving history, exact conditions before or during and leading up to this accident. However if all the prior to this accident are in good standing, I would agree that termination is a little much. If, though, he is a habitual bad driver then it may have been time for what the outcome was on this. DETAILS, which for the most part, are NONE of my business could change in any one person's mind the outcome thereof. GOD BLESS all, be CAREFUL and have a BLESSED day!

Status
Not open for further replies.