XPO | Little Stuff...

I’ve seen guys have issues. I do the same. Log off duty on the vnomics only. I don’t do it on the handheld. There a disconnect between the two. Use one and your fine. Nothing illegal about going over your 8 before your 30, as long as your not driving.

Your 8 begins when you log onto the Vnomics screen in the tractor and not when you go on duty on your handheld. A city guy with an 08:00 start time goes on duty on the handheld at 08:01. Lets say he works inbound for two hours and then hits the street at 10:00. His 8 starts when he logs into his Vnomics in the Tractor, meaning he doesn't have to take his 30 until 18:00. Any time you work 6 hours, on or off the street. you better take your lunch or they'll take it for you.

Your 8 begins when you log onto the Vnomics screen in the tractor and not when you go on duty on your handheld. A city guy with an 08:00 start time goes on duty on the handheld at 08:01. Lets say he works inbound for two hours and then hits the street at 10:00. His 8 starts when he logs into his Vnomics in the Tractor, meaning he doesn't have to take his 30 until 18:00. Any time you work 6 hours, on or off the street. you better take your lunch or they'll take it for you.
I think your incorrect. The 8 starts when you go on duty on the handheld. If I go on duty at 7:30, work the dock till 9, when I log into the vnomics, it’s calculating my break based on the 7:30 on duty time.

I'm going to check on Monday.
I count on my handheld being the lead device. I can start work at 6am , work the dock for 3hrs , hook and leave to go peddle , and as long as my handheld is still on dock mode AND communicating with VNomics , it WILL override whatever start time VNomics has me down for.

Say my appointment us for 10am and I worked the dock since 6am , I forget to change over to P&D , it's fine. I arrive at the customer , go to Hours of Service and back up to 6am and give it a few minutes , and it will log the VNomics out ( you have been logged out by another device message ) then you log back in and check your graph , it will be adjusted to the handheld start time.

A few exceptions. The handheld will not be the lead device if it cannot communicate with the VNomics. The VNomics runs on cellular signals when not around XPO wifi. Handheld is the same. When you are having issues you can trace it to a poor signal a lot of times.

Also , XPO seems to pay for the slowest data package possible , so even in a place with no obstructions and a strong signal , it will take a LONG time for the two devices to communicate. Be patient.

It is a horrible system and that is great for the drivers that use it : you can always blame the handheld or VNomics and there's little argument that management can provide against you because they don't know.

Troll here. We also use vnomics. I'm Linehaul and work outbound dock. When I start my truck & boot vnomics it immediately has me verify my punch in time and I typically have 6 hours until break.

Saw a communication bulletin today that they are all to be RED TAGGED and shipped back to Arkansas as quickly as possible.

They tried a cheap fix. That is not going to be good enough. They are all to be removed from the system. As soon as we saw these things we knew they were trouble. Them books these kids read..... well, they don't even read or have books any more. Just non sense. Any one with a brain immediately said no, that won't work.

I count on my handheld being the lead device. I can start work at 6am , work the dock for 3hrs , hook and leave to go peddle , and as long as my handheld is still on dock mode AND communicating with VNomics , it WILL override whatever start time VNomics has me down for.

Say my appointment us for 10am and I worked the dock since 6am , I forget to change over to P&D , it's fine. I arrive at the customer , go to Hours of Service and back up to 6am and give it a few minutes , and it will log the VNomics out ( you have been logged out by another device message ) then you log back in and check your graph , it will be adjusted to the handheld start time.

A few exceptions. The handheld will not be the lead device if it cannot communicate with the VNomics. The VNomics runs on cellular signals when not around XPO wifi. Handheld is the same. When you are having issues you can trace it to a poor signal a lot of times.

Also , XPO seems to pay for the slowest data package possible , so even in a place with no obstructions and a strong signal , it will take a LONG time for the two devices to communicate. Be patient.

It is a horrible system and that is great for the drivers that use it : you can always blame the handheld or VNomics and there's little argument that management can provide against you because they don't know.

The system is so flawed that they want to replace it entirely. Go figure. Con-way made the worst and most ridiculous decision possible. Hard to believe.

I think your incorrect. The 8 starts when you go on duty on the handheld. If I go on duty at 7:30, work the dock till 9, when I log into the vnomics, it’s calculating my break based on the 7:30 on duty time.

This is correct. I swipe in to start my day around 06:53. At 07:00 or later I put myself on duty on the handheld for 07:00. When I get into the truck, most days, ( once in a while the system doesn't communicate and you have to have dispatch fix things ) usually it has me in as starting at 07:00 with lunch needing to be taken by 15:00. Even though I don't start driving until 11:30-12:00.

Yes, I was mistaken. When I work inside, although I punch Kronos, I don't actually go "ON DUTY" until I get into the tractor. Then, I don't back it up to my actual start time. That's the difference.

The vnomics is such a joke. Only two customers use it... us, and Saia. That’s it. They can’t even develop software for us north of the border.