XPO | Little Stuff...

Why not give incentives for lowering damages? If a terminal cuts damages, let them split 20% of the amount they lower them by.

$3 million in damages goes down by a million , well you have $200,000 for a bonus to split.

Here some Pics. If the number system holds true then we know there is atleast 227 of these dollies around

tF9YyOA.jpg

PMmqGvk.jpg
Troll here. Uh, are those Hyundai converters? And are the bolts of concern just in front of the leaf springs?

I would like to thank OD for its wonderful technology. Yesterday I was headed back from my peddle run on I49 when dispatch rang and said stop, the news is reporting a tornado in front of you. I came to a stop just as an f3 tornado over 200 yards wide devastated my hometown, tore up my mother's home and leveled homes 100 yards away from her. If i would not have gotten that call i would have been hit by the twister. At its closest point to me it was about 80 yards from me. Tgank you OD and please everyone be safe.
With all the money that XPO spends on technology ( around a billon dollars biannual ) do you think if you were on linehaul you would get a call from dispatch like this lucky Old Dominion driver , warning you that a tornado was in front of you?

Maybe you would - not criticizing , I just highly doubt it from what I know.

With all the money that XPO spends on technology ( around a billon dollars biannual ) do you think if you were on linehaul you would get a call from dispatch like this lucky Old Dominion driver , warning you that a tornado was in front of you?

Maybe you would - not criticizing , I just highly doubt it from what I know.
Technology? Hell they can't even figure out the weather forecast

Companies are complaining they can't find enough drivers to ship their stuff because of Amazon

• Several executives have recently mentioned the impact of truck driver shortages on their business, according to CNBC analysis using financial search engine AlphaSense.
  • "Trucking is right now … experiencing a severe crisis," Robert Csongor, vice president and general manager of automotive at Nvidia, said during the company's March 27 investor day. "There's a shortage of trucking drivers driven by the Amazon age."
  • While demand for truckers has gone up with the rise of e-commerce, a federal mandate for electronic logging devices that took effect in December is limiting the number of hours drivers can work.

Article points to Amazon and electronic logging devices as major issues decreasing driver availability.

"Trucks account for more than 70 percent of all tonnage moved in the U.S., according to the American Trucking Association. A shortage of drivers has persisted for years due primarily to an aging workforce and poor compensation for the long hours away from home coupled with increasing demand led by Amazon, according to industry experts."

And let's not forget poor compensation as a factor in keeping away new drivers and running away older ones.

-CNBC.com

Truck driver pay plummeted in the last 30 years according to OOIDA president on Fox Business channel

This guest is spot on in this matter . It's what I have been trying to get across to some people . The trend of us falling behind is in high gear you only have to look at the Otr sector to see where Ltl is going. Great post icuicp!

This guest is spot on in this matter . It's what I have been trying to get across to some people . The trend of us falling behind is in high gear you only have to look at the Otr sector to see where Ltl is going. Great post icuicp!
Bring me the UAW then. I won’t vote in IBT unless they have a complete clean out of all upper level leadership. A union is the only way to get our wages back up. If market forces could do it then truckload would be bursting at seams

Bring me the UAW then. I won’t vote in IBT unless they have a complete clean out of all upper level leadership. A union is the only way to get our wages back up. If market forces could do it then truckload would be bursting at seams
Agreed. I think the vast majority would strongly consider representation by the UAW/CAW. The CAW are well respected here. Teamsters are simply corrupt. No one wants anything to do with them.

Ford to stop selling every car in North America but the Mustang and Focus Active

Ford today announced it will phase out most cars it sells in North America. According to its latest financial release, the auto giant “will transition to two vehicles” — the Mustang and an unannounced vehicle, the Focus Active, being the only traditional cars it sells in the region. Ford sees 90 percent of its North America portfolio in trucks, utilities and commercial vehicles. Citing a reduction in consumer demand and product profitability, Ford is in turn not investing in the next generation of sedans. The Taurus is no more.

Currently, Ford sells six sedans and coupes in North America: the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, C-Max, Mustang and Taurus. This lineup hits multiple segments, from the compact Fiesta to the mid-size Focus, C-Max and Fusion to the full-size Taurus. The Mustang stands alone as the lone coupe.

-TechCrunch.com

Ford to stop selling every car in North America but the Mustang and Focus Active

Ford today announced it will phase out most cars it sells in North America. According to its latest financial release, the auto giant “will transition to two vehicles” — the Mustang and an unannounced vehicle, the Focus Active, being the only traditional cars it sells in the region. Ford sees 90 percent of its North America portfolio in trucks, utilities and commercial vehicles. Citing a reduction in consumer demand and product profitability, Ford is in turn not investing in the next generation of sedans. The Taurus is no more.

Currently, Ford sells six sedans and coupes in North America: the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, C-Max, Mustang and Taurus. This lineup hits multiple segments, from the compact Fiesta to the mid-size Focus, C-Max and Fusion to the full-size Taurus. The Mustang stands alone as the lone coupe.

-TechCrunch.com
just like GM did with Oldsmobile in 2004 and Pontiacs in 2008. Also I along with many others have not bought any type of sedan you many years

Agreed. I think the vast majority would strongly consider representation by the UAW/CAW. The CAW are well respected here. Teamsters are simply corrupt. No one wants anything to do with them.
I say do it. If you feel more comfortable with them and trust them more. I can see if I can find a contact and private message you.

Last edited:
I say do it. If you feel more comfortable with them and trust them more. I can see if I can find a contact and private message you.
I’m not interested, but how would that work with different unions negotiating a contract for us? What happens when one contract is better?

What is XPO doing? They post an opening for upper management on a job website.
yp36uCH.jpg

These type of jobs are usually filled through headhunters and search firms and are highly sought after. Can't find any good candidates?

tZLMisJ.jpg

Does the competition look for VPs like this?

Ff0vIUT.jpg

Maybe they have bad word of mouth in the industry? Maybe pickings are slim and XPO has to think outside the box? Oh well...

I take my lunch at the last second trying to get as much done as I can before I have to shut down.
I've heard that linehaul drivers regularly go into log violation when it's time to take lunch at night. I haven't had a chance to talk to one and see if that's what is happening.

If this is the case ( I've seen emails from the safety guy warning not to go into violation ) the FOS must be fixing linehaul logs EVERYDAY.