Yellow | Local Cartage & Utility (Plus/minus)

just looked at the Roadway change #'s from the Roadway forum. Looks like another terminal consolidation may take place. Roadway and Yellow in COL? Just looking at the #'s

In the last COO, they changed the stips prior to implimenting. Those laid off at COL were able to bid as everyone else and transfer their seniority at company expense. We need to inforce that in this one also. As I said in my last post also, LCP, should bid as the new Carlisle terminal, for In Domicile preference.

Well I hope that the 25 laid off guys at LCP and any where else are going to be listed as active so that we may try to keep our jobs.

If any of you management types are watching this, here's a suggestion; The men are more likely to work if they have A.) Stability and B.) Working conditions that do not put them or the motoring public at risk. Dictating from "on high" leads to nothing but hate and discontent....think about it.

I agree with this completely and if LCP would ever be able to break away from the 1932 frame of mind in running that place they might see morale improve, just a little.
Also, its funny you mention about dictating, because one of the supervisors who is retiring in a couple months was told from Harold T. SOM "Either your part of the solution around here and if your not? Then your part of the problem and we're getting rid of them!". Finally, this came after a disagreement in how some of the guys were being treated and what was being asked to be done.

“But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.”

Vince Lombardi
lombardi100.jpg

stan smith,were do you get this info??i an from cve and have seen nothing like what you gotten,it is posted up in maybrook i have been told,stoker

stan smith,were do you get this info??i an from cve and have seen nothing like what you gotten,it is posted up in maybrook i have been told,stoker

I was given this initially from a Labor Relations person from the North East Region and was asked to keep them unnamed, naturally. Also, it is posted at LCP now too.

coo

CVE is -22 Road. Our East and West boards tie up about the first 230 guys on the roster. On April 1, our Road board was laid off from about 282. That means we have about 52 extra board guys that would qualify for a free move and the 100 or so below them that really could lose their job short term (-22) or long term, ARE SCREWED !!! There are NO CVE/RFO UE positions to cross into!!!

vwaggs, I received my recall letter effective on 04/12/2008. They recalled 35 drivers. I believe you are on the right path, just a slight adjusment to the numbers. I do not believe the company will get away with 04/01 as date to be active or inactive.I spoke to BA and he has to see how the lanuage will FINALLY fall as to whether the laid off guys can follow work. Here is a thought, since we are a losing terminal,no one can come to us. Our board was about 385 on the master. the loss of 22 from the bottom of our board would mean drivers who have not worked for a year or more. If the meets and greets are done by the road,thay will need all the drivers they have. The numbers do not add up. I am getting 37 short for the entire change. Whever they can not hire at a location, they augment with extra board from anyone who can reach. CVE fills that hole very nicely.the senority roster is not factual. There are drivers who will not be back(medical) and maybe some who are deceased! We need an accurate roster.

LCP Senioity list 455 (I think) It's not even close to 500 i can tell you that, I not the last man,but the last man with a CDL

I have seen a copy of yellows proposed coo floating around RFO saturday (4-12-08). Does anyone know where to go to down load the entire coo ? Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes they still talk about those days....when they didn't have a fork lift for everyone.

I remember in IND only having a few motors for shifts of 20 guys. You didn't need that many we used carts, our biggest customer then was GM we would get auto parts trailers with 125 bills on them full of fenders and hoods, full loads of spark plugs all on the floor ( my back hurts). Guys look at me like I'm crazy because I stay on the dock now instead of going to the yard, the dock is the easiest job Yellow has now. We've got a lift for every guy now some very low hour models.

have seen a copy of yellows proposed coo floating around RFO saturday (4-12-08). Does anyone know where to go to down load the entire coo ? Thanks in advance for the help.

pm uncle wiggly he has it

Thanks for the info on the change. This change is mostly east of the Mississippi. Will another change be coming that will affect other states such as Nebraska and Iowa?

Cant believe KCM will be a gainer. Now that Glen Moore is taking the sleeper work, has anybody seen the language to verify this change is about meet and turns? Or are the sleepers still on the table? I notice KCM is neither loosing or gaining on the utility work, does that mean they are eligible to transfer on utility work opportunities? We have 70 guys laid off as of 4-1-8, does that mean they are not eligible to transfer? Many questions, so little answers. Any help would be appreciated. Much Thanks