Yellow | Local Cartage & Utility (Plus/minus)

never say never again

.... That being said, I wouldn't move across the street with this company! :ShakeHandsNah:
Uh, Stan Smith, I am repeating myself , but I said that once.:chairshot:, then had to do what I said I wouldn't.:shrug:
It's real easy to make the hypothetical choice, but difficult to make the best one.

Cant believe KCM will be a gainer. Now that Glen Moore is taking the sleeper work, has anybody seen the language to verify this change is about meet and turns? Or are the sleepers still on the table? I notice KCM is neither loosing or gaining on the utility work, does that mean they are eligible to transfer on utility work opportunities? We have 70 guys laid off as of 4-1-8, does that mean they are not eligible to transfer? Many questions, so little answers. Any help would be appreciated. Much Thanks

The change lists meet and turns with maps, only losers can transfer for now, and if accepted as wrote ue positions will be filled in terminal from losing road, cartage list. The preferred carrier is to take rail freight not sleeper freight, could happen but not what was proposed. If the ue positions are filled in terminal, that will greatly reduce the numbers of transfers, and one could argue the number of people greatly affected.

vwaggs, I received my recall letter effective on 04/12/2008. They recalled 35 drivers. I believe you are on the right path, just a slight adjusment to the numbers. I do not believe the company will get away with 04/01 as date to be active or inactive.I spoke to BA and he has to see how the lanuage will FINALLY fall as to whether the laid off guys can follow work. Here is a thought, since we are a losing terminal,no one can come to us. Our board was about 385 on the master. the loss of 22 from the bottom of our board would mean drivers who have not worked for a year or more. If the meets and greets are done by the road,thay will need all the drivers they have. The numbers do not add up. I am getting 37 short for the entire change. Whever they can not hire at a location, they augment with extra board from anyone who can reach. CVE fills that hole very nicely.the senority roster is not factual. There are drivers who will not be back(medical) and maybe some who are deceased! We need an accurate roster.

X475 (The Volvo Killer!!! LOL), Pointed out to me that the NMFA will require, in the abscence of a more fair agreement, that a second laid off employee list be made for secondary bidding purposes. This means guys not laid of at other loosing terminals but w/lower seniority get to choose before you as a laid off guy at a loosing terminal. Should you bid out though, you'll get to keep your seniority at the new place and get the moving money.

It's real easy to make the hypothetical choice, but difficult to make the best one.

I understand what your saying, but who's to say you do not go to the next place then lose your job again...? We all know how heartless these cowboys can be in this business. Side note, love your avatar!

[list type=decimal]
[*]YouTube - Alice In Chains-Over Now
[*]Alice In Chains | Over Now lyrics
[/LIST]

sacrifice.jpg

X475 (The Volvo Killer!!! LOL), Pointed out to me that the NMFA will require, in the abscence of a more fair agreement, that a second laid off employee list be made for secondary bidding purposes. This means guys not laid of at other loosing terminals but w/lower seniority get to choose before you as a laid off guy at a loosing terminal. Should you bid out though, you'll get to keep your seniority at the new place and get the moving money.

Wow, I reached a new low in spelling here.

I understand what your saying, but who's to say you do not go to the next place then lose your job again...? We all know how heartless these cowboys can be in this business. Side note, love your avatar!

As someone who's been there done that, it is an adventure where the employer pays bills and has the job lined up for you. I wanted to move and yellow was nice enough to make the arrangements. Financially I would have been better off staying in Minnesota but the weather and lower population are nice. If I would have passed I would have dwelled on what ifs.

Coo

A question all local cartage SHOULD be asking is:
1. What happens when the CDL training DOESN'T WORK OUT?- What if the training does not go well? 2. Once CDL certified....no more dock work, you are ON THE ROAD..They want to get RID of the dock worker!
Management wants everyone to load AND unload and drive their own deliveries!

cowboys?

I understand what your saying, but who's to say you do not go to the next place then lose your job again...? We all know how heartless these cowboys can be in this business. Side note, love your avatar! .....
Stan Smith, not only is that possible, look at some of the losing terminals in this proposal that were gainers of nearly the same numbers from less than a year ago! :duh:

I am pretty sure that is how it is gonna be, as soon as this dang economy slows - leisurely taking its time to bottom out - IT'S A SET-UP lol

get ready guys - I am already in position...:moon2:

I have heard lots of scary things this change... Money problems, Uncertin Future, Not able to sell homes, Cant afford 2 house paymnts. Bad Neightborhoods, Gangs and High Crime areas. This is the second change we have come to huddle. I fear we will not clear this time. Sometimes you have to know when to fold'em. All I can do is pray for my teamster family.
Worried Wife of a Teamsters

In the last COO, they changed the stips prior to implimenting. Those laid off at COL were able to bid as everyone else and transfer their seniority at company expense. We need to inforce that in this one also. As I said in my last post also, LCP, should bid as the new Carlisle terminal, for In Domicile preference.

just wondering if anybody has a comment on the question vwaggs raised about laid off people in col bidding out with seniority.According to the BA we were guaranteed 105 road jobs in COL.As anyone will tell you that was a lie.The layoffs began right after the change.I hope local 413 remembers to bring up the last (guarantee) at this change and fight for the 105 men on the board to be included on this change. I also hope anyone at any location will tell their local reps to do this for them also.The company needs to be held accountable for these numbers.Tell them it cost you nothing to guarantee these numbers if your not lying.However if you do lie,you will not hire off the street at gaining locations until the people at losing locations that you said would work are offered transfer rights.The same idea holds true in reverse.I recall at huge change CF had and the losing terminals were hiring off the street a month later? How would you feel if you took a transfer and this happens to you? History tends to repeat itself at these freight companies a lot.

Does anyone know anything about the cartage drivers in the Midwest area? We have heard so many different things. I'd like to know if we are going to have to move again or is our terminal going to stay open. No one has a clear answer for this change of operations

Does anyone know anything about the cartage drivers in the Midwest area? We have heard so many different things. I'd like to know if we are going to have to move again or is our terminal going to stay open. No one has a clear answer for this change of operations

IF YOUR IN LOCAL 600 YOU SHOULD BE AT THE MEETING SUNDAY MORNING AT 9a

just wondering if anybody has a comment on the question vwaggs raised about laid off people in col bidding out with seniority.According to the BA we were guaranteed 105 road jobs in COL.As anyone will tell you that was a lie.The layoffs began right after the change.I hope local 413 remembers to bring up the last (guarantee) at this change and fight for the 105 men on the board to be included on this change. I also hope anyone at any location will tell their local reps to do this for them also.The company needs to be held accountable for these numbers.Tell them it cost you nothing to guarantee these numbers if your not lying.However if you do lie,you will not hire off the street at gaining locations until the people at losing locations that you said would work are offered transfer rights.The same idea holds true in reverse.I recall at huge change CF had and the losing terminals were hiring off the street a month later? How would you feel if you took a transfer and this happens to you? History tends to repeat itself at these freight companies a lot.

I think what you are referring to, is what many others are wondering at LCP now. Should they stay or should they go. I can't imagine they will give any special consideration to COL now. To the contrary, I'd be seriously concerned of the same thing happening at LCP now.