FedEx Freight | Losing customers

chitownpeddler

TB Veteran
Credits
Just curious how other center's freight levels are. Sales went through and jacked up pricing on some corporate accounts and now we are dead. We have the same number of drivers and not enough work to go around. I'm guessing we are down 15-20 vans of freight per day. We are way over staffed on the dock. Instead of 1 spotter we now have 2. One in the spotter and one using a tractor. Usually there are 2 people in the tractor just to keep them off of the dock hours. They said they are afraid to leave part timers home because they might quit. Our bottom city guys are getting 4 or 5 hours a day and the extra board road drivers are staying home from what I have heard. Other carriers and centers in our area seem busy, except for us.

Just curious how other center's freight levels are. Sales went through and jacked up pricing on some corporate accounts and now we are dead. We have the same number of drivers and not enough work to go around. I'm guessing we are down 15-20 vans of freight per day. We are way over staffed on the dock. Instead of 1 spotter we now have 2. One in the spotter and one using a tractor. Usually there are 2 people in the tractor just to keep them off of the dock hours. They said they are afraid to leave part timers home because they might quit. Our bottom city guys are getting 4 or 5 hours a day and the extra board road drivers are staying home from what I have heard. Other carriers and centers in our area seem busy, except for us.
I wouldn't sweat it too much, capacity is tight in Ltl right now and most carriers are looking to increase rates or get rid of accounts that don't pay well. But I do think the economy is really slowing down quite a bit. What your seeing may be a combination of these 2 things.

Apparently by the lack of replies I'm assuming all centers must be busy with nobody sitting home with the exception of a few select centers. Lucky us

Apparently by the lack of replies I'm assuming all centers must be busy with nobody sitting home with the exception of a few select centers. Lucky us
I certainly see a reduction in the number of shipments into/out of some customers.

They say 2 factors are in play. Rate "adjustments" in some lanes.(texas?) & damages.

We where told that the raised rates on heavy lanes because lack of return freight. So since the freight flow is unbalanced, we stick it to the customers? Why not make customers with freight coming back want to ship with us? If freight from the east coast to the Midwest is light, reduce rates so we can get freight to haul back. Even if it is break even, it would pay for keeping the equipment balanced.

No wonder 17.5 percent of the population is on welfare according to the last census
Now that is something to be proud about !!!
Thanks to the entitlement society that the Commucrats have created...since the Commucrats have had control over the state for the last 126 years!

Can't speak for the city here but the road exhaust all of their drivers and we're using city drivers on the road everyday.
Must be all that Union activity.

Excellent point made, since most of the anti Union guys insisted that a yes vote would equal layoff, reduced work, etc, etc, etc.

Other's said that would NOT be the case. Do I need to point out which side was correct? It should be obvious, right?