FedEx Freight | Losing customers

Again if it's so bad, go elsewhere, I think you should pay your own premium. I'm sure it's Obama's fault anyways, after all everything was so much better under the Bush era. When our 401 K was cut in half, many lost there jobs, and oil was at a record 147 dollars a barrel, gas at 4.50 a gallon. Yea lets go back to that.
Crue, the banking fiasco which effected your 401k, was a long time coming. Bush had no hand in the creation of that. Often who sits in the W/House takes credit/fault through no action of their own.

Healthcare is another matter entirely, as is oil. Politics counts on peoples lack of long term memory, as well as their lack of understanding of the facts.. FedEx plays a similar hand. Most pay little attention to the facts. Just because something sounds good and true does not mean it is.

Oil only spiked in the last year or two of Bushes presidency (and I'm no Bush fan) but this current oil price isn't because of Obama, it's in spite of him. There is a glut of oil from private land he couldn't stop.

If you want to see where the problem started look up community reivestment act under carter.This act forced banks to give bad loans.Bush tried to put a stop to it but the house and senate were controled by democrates.
We do agree on one thing goverment
is the problem

Hard to vote for ron paul when he wasnt in the primary
No mine are fine, look it up, July of 2008 oil hit an all time high, and gas was nearing 5.00 a gallon in some places, 4.50 where I live, and oil hit 147.00 a barrel. It's now 57 dollars a barrel, and gas is 2.50! Yes when bush left office the economy was in free fall and because of that the price of oil free fell also. Which made gas drop, as so many were being layed off. But before economy tanked and market tanked, it was at all time high. And no I am not an Obama supporter, ron Paul was who I voted for. But what I am saying that it was even worse under bush, neither party is any better, and if you think different you aren't paying attention. Both parties have ruined this country. BOTH! You need to lose your blind loyalty, as your party is no better.

Hard to vote for ron paul when he wasnt in the primary

You do know you can vote for anybody right? Ron Paul isn't government owned, speaks his mind and doesn't toe party lines. I have voted for him the last two elections. I know he had no chance and it was a wasted vote in some eyes, but I can't stand Romney. And OPEC controls oil prices, not the president. And I sure don't want our land to look like Iraq or Iran, we have a beautiful country, and get tired of seeing oil wells all over the west. I also don't want oil spills ruining rivers, we have plenty of oil drilling here and don't need more. Just uncap the ones we have capped, and quit exporting it for hire prices. But that's just me and my opinion. Obama, Hillary, Romney, Bush, not much difference, just puppets.

Every one has a right to vote the way they want but to vote like that way more than wasted vote it was a vote for obama
You do know you can vote for anybody right? Ron Paul isn't government owned, speaks his mind and doesn't toe party lines. I have voted for him the last two elections. I know he had no chance and it was a wasted vote in some eyes, but I can't stand Romney. And OPEC controls oil prices, not the president. And I sure don't want our land to look like Iraq or Iran, we have a beautiful country, and get tired of seeing oil wells all over the west. I also don't want oil spills ruining rivers, we have plenty of oil drilling here and don't need more. Just uncap the ones we have capped, and quit exporting it for hire prices. But that's just me and my opinion. Obama, Hillary, Romney, Bush, not much difference, just puppets.

If you want to see where the problem started look up community reivestment act under carter.This act forced banks to give bad loans.Bush tried to put a stop to it but the house and senate were controled by democrates.
We do agree on one thing goverment
is the problem

The problem was sub prime mortgages which blew up under Bush. Bush overstimulated the housing market to try and offset his tax cuts which were heavily sided to wealthy people.
Republicans had a theory that if you cut taxes on rich people tax revenue actually increases. This did not work in the real world so he pushed home buying like crazy, lowered credit standards, and had taxpayer subsidize down payments in an effort to increase market activity.
Bush was directly involved in the collapse in the housing and financial markets.

One more thing to add. Republican had the house and senate for the majority of Bush's 8 year.s in office. Republicans pretty much ruled our government in that era and they almost bankrupted the country.

Last edited:

Dont take my word for it. Hear it from the horses mouth.
Bush did make some weak attempts at regulating fannie and freddie.....until they paid him off and then he threaten to veto any bills to regulate them. Not to mention they were only part of the problem.

Dont take my word for it. Hear it from the horses mouth.
Bush did make some weak attempts at regulating fannie and freddie.....until they paid him off and then he threaten to veto any bills to regulate them. Not to mention they were only part of the problem.
Weak attempt??? The issue was brought up 17 times in seven years and each time the Commucrats shot it down!

September 2003: Then-House Financial Services Committee Ranking Member Barney Frank (D-MA) strongly disagrees with the Administration's assessment, saying "these two entities – Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – are not facing any kind of financial crisis … The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing." (Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie Mae," The New York Times, 9/11/03)

October 2003: Senator Thomas Carper (D-DE) refuses to acknowledge any necessity for GSE reforms, saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." (Sen. Carper, Hearing of Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, 10/16/03)

April 2004: Rep. Frank ignores the warnings, accusing the Administration of creating an "artificial issue." At a speech to the Mortgage Bankers Association conference, Rep. Frank said "people tend to pay their mortgages. I don't think we are in any remote danger here. This focus on receivership, I think, is intended to create fears that aren't there." ("Frank: GSE Failure A Phony Issue," American Banker, 4/21/04)

July 2005: Then-Minority Leader Harry Reid rejects legislation reforming GSEs, "while I favor improving oversight by our federal housing regulators to ensure safety and soundness, we cannot pass legislation that could limit Americans from owning homes and potentially harm our economy in the process." ("Dems Rip New Fannie Mae Regulatory Measure," United Press International, 7/28/05)

August 2007: Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd ignores the President's warnings and calls on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," The New York Times, 8/11/07)

Yet in September of 2008, Chris Dodd tries to blame Bush and the Republicans for ignoring the issue...the same issue that they were so adamantly opposed to!
September: Democrats in Congress forget their previous objections to GSE reforms, as Senator Dodd questions "why weren't we doing more, why did we wait almost a year before there were any significant steps taken to try to deal with this problem? … I have a lot of questions about where was the administration over the last eight years." (Dawn Kopecki, "Fannie Mae, Freddie 'House Of Cards' Prompts Takeover," Bloomberg, 9/9/08)

Weak attempt??? The issue was brought up 17 times in seven years and each time the Commucrats shot it down!

September 2003: Then-House Financial Services Committee Ranking Member Barney Frank (D-MA) strongly disagrees with the Administration's assessment, saying "these two entities – Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – are not facing any kind of financial crisis … The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing." (Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie Mae," The New York Times, 9/11/03)

October 2003: Senator Thomas Carper (D-DE) refuses to acknowledge any necessity for GSE reforms, saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." (Sen. Carper, Hearing of Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, 10/16/03)

April 2004: Rep. Frank ignores the warnings, accusing the Administration of creating an "artificial issue." At a speech to the Mortgage Bankers Association conference, Rep. Frank said "people tend to pay their mortgages. I don't think we are in any remote danger here. This focus on receivership, I think, is intended to create fears that aren't there." ("Frank: GSE Failure A Phony Issue," American Banker, 4/21/04)

July 2005: Then-Minority Leader Harry Reid rejects legislation reforming GSEs, "while I favor improving oversight by our federal housing regulators to ensure safety and soundness, we cannot pass legislation that could limit Americans from owning homes and potentially harm our economy in the process." ("Dems Rip New Fannie Mae Regulatory Measure," United Press International, 7/28/05)

August 2007: Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd ignores the President's warnings and calls on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," The New York Times, 8/11/07)

Yet in September of 2008, Chris Dodd tries to blame Bush and the Republicans for ignoring the issue...the same issue that they were so adamantly opposed to!
September: Democrats in Congress forget their previous objections to GSE reforms, as Senator Dodd questions "why weren't we doing more, why did we wait almost a year before there were any significant steps taken to try to deal with this problem? … I have a lot of questions about where was the administration over the last eight years." (Dawn Kopecki, "Fannie Mae, Freddie 'House Of Cards' Prompts Takeover," Bloomberg, 9/9/08)

Democrats were the minority in the house and senate. Like i said in 04 or 05 bush did a turnaround on regulating fannie and freddie which he himself created the two monsters with his "americas homeownership challenge". Not to mention they were a part of the problem. Tons of banks were giving handing out subprime loans to whoever had their hand out that was designed to screw them.

Democrats were the minority in the house and senate. Like i said in 04 or 05 bush did a turnaround on regulating fannie and freddie which he himself created the two monsters with his "americas homeownership challenge". Not to mention they were a part of the problem. Tons of banks were giving handing out subprime loans to whoever had their hand out that was designed to screw them.
The banks were forced to give loans to people who had no chance of ever paying back the loans in the first place...do you not remember Barry Obummer, the community organizer, threatening to picket banks in Chicago for refusing to give loans to those who didn't qualify?

Republicans had a theory that if you cut taxes on rich people tax revenue actually increases. This did not work in the real world so he pushed home buying like crazy, lowered credit standards, and had taxpayer subsidize down payments in an effort to increase market activity.
Bush was directly involved in the collapse in the housing and financial markets.

Simply not true, and lower tax rates (to a point) do increase revenue.

Credit goes to Red on this one. Good research.

What happened to individual responsibility? Agreeing to terms one could not possibly afford? The term underwater, to justify not paying your loan? Anyone who's ever financed a car, with a low down payment, is underwater on day one.

Despite even the best intentions (home ownership/general credit, in this case), Govt. meddling almost always has negative side effects. Usually hurting those said to be being helped. Who is always there to fix it? The same politicians who caused it. Sadly, as a group, we get the Government we deserve.

Simply not true, and lower tax rates (to a point) do increase revenue.

Credit goes to Red on this one. Good research.

What happened to individual responsibility? Agreeing to terms one could not possibly afford? The term underwater, to justify not paying your loan? Anyone who's ever financed a car, with a low down payment, is underwater on day one.

Despite even the best intentions (home ownership/general credit, in this case), Govt. meddling almost always has negative side effects. Usually hurting those said to be being helped. Who is always there to fix it? The same politicians who caused it. Sadly, as a group, we get the Government we deserve.
Sorry Swamp it only let's me like it once, should have much more.

Ok, but this thread is about losing customers, not drivers setting at home, again purchase doesn't affect volume or customers.
First I think what he was saying was are you slow because of decreased freight levels or because of increased purchase. But I do believe purchase does affect customers as in with late freight, and remember rail is considered purchase.