FedEx Freight | Losing customers

NW we are busy. 4 new city driver hired last week and more to be hired. I work 50+ hours a week in the city. But there was that thing of running 60 rail cans a day to center that took a bunch of city drivers. I was a road driver before that started, so there ya go. Better running city than sitting home waiting for the phone to ring.

Excellent point made, since most of the anti Union guys insisted that a yes vote would equal layoff, reduced work, etc, etc, etc.

Other's said that would NOT be the case. Do I need to point out which side was correct? It should be obvious, right?
Not that I insisted any of the sorts, nor am I suggesting any for the future, but it's only been five months since our election so wouldn't it be a little early to predict what the election results will bring when concerning customers and freight levels?
In Clt, we're currently hiring city drivers with no plans of adding to the road board...according to local management...even though we could have up to six drivers retiring this year. We were told those drivers wouldn't be replaced but rather covered by city drivers when needed......we'll see.

Well if you could read i never talked about price isaid hes adminastation hes slowed this industries with his epa
and in regards to price its obama that said he had no problem with gas being 6or 7 dollars a gallon the only reason gas price droped was drilling on private land that he couldnt stop

Red you never fail,in two posts you blamed both the govt. and the Union for the States problems. Red if nothing else you are predictable. And humorous.
Please explain how it's my fault that 17.5% of the citizens of this state live on the Commucrat's proverbial plantation?

Your reading comprehension is deplorable...where did I blame the union for the State's problems?

Are you slow because freight levels are down? Or because purchase transportation is at an all time high? I hear drivers say they didn't get out because we're slow. How can you say that when we're running 25 purchase transportation everyday. It pisses me off to hear that.

Are you slow because freight levels are down? Or because purchase transportation is at an all time high? I hear drivers say they didn't get out because we're slow. How can you say that when we're running 25 purchase transportation everyday. It pisses me off to hear that.
%???

In Clt, we're currently hiring city drivers with no plans of adding to the road board...according to local management...even though we could have up to six drivers retiring this year. We were told those drivers wouldn't be replaced but rather covered by city drivers when needed......we'll see.

Or they will likely use more Purchase Transportation. Probably both. You have to remember, the PT trend started long ago (see below), and has nearly been perfected. Few locations are likely to see added runs of significant distance, IMHO. Remember, Red these things have nothing to do with how a center voted, merely which is most profitable.

From the annual report Page 24 http://annualreport.van.fedex.com/2014/docs/FedEx_2014_Annual_Report.pdf

"Purchased transportation expense increased 13% in 2014 due to
increased use of rail and road third-party transportation providers and
higher rates."

Remember the trend?
fxffe2014b.jpg

Purchase has nothing to do with freight volume

Or they will likely use more Purchase Transportation. Probably both. You have to remember, the PT trend started long ago (see below), and has nearly been perfected. Few locations are likely to see added runs of significant distance, IMHO. Remember, Red these things have nothing to do with how a center voted, merely which is most profitable.

From the annual report Page 24 http://annualreport.van.fedex.com/2014/docs/FedEx_2014_Annual_Report.pdf

"Purchased transportation expense increased 13% in 2014 due to
increased use of rail and road third-party transportation providers and
higher rates."

Remember the trend?
fxffe2014b.jpg
Haven't we already been down this road on the PT thread?

It was just a possible cause for your dilemma. Potential for added runs, but being told that none will come. Not really my personal issue.
We weren't told they wouldn't be adding runs, we were told that they wouldn't be replacing any road drivers who were retiring this year, but rather covering those positions with city drivers when needed.
We have a 20+ man extra board, I'm guessing the retired driver's positions will result in a smaller extra board...then they'll use city drivers, once the extra board is exhausted, for any extra runs when needed.

Ok Mr truth teller explain to me how purchase affects freight volume, are you running purchase in the city that's where freight is generated.

So the more you put on purchase it doesn't affect any of our drivers road or city. Is that what your saying. Lol your wrong if so it's a trickle down effect.

So the more you put on purchase it doesn't affect any of our drivers road or city. Is that what your saying. Lol your wrong if so it's a trickle down effect.
No that's not what I'm saying, purchase affects road for sure, not so much city. But purchase has no affect on freight volumes at all. If it does explain how.

No that's not what I'm saying, purchase affects road for sure, not so much city. But purchase has no affect on freight volumes at all. If it does explain how.

It does if that same road driver who is not working comes in to work the dock thats less work for the dock guys and city drivers who work the dock. Like I said trickle down effect Red has no idea because he only worries about himself.

It does if that same road driver who is not working comes in to work the dock thats less work for the dock guys and city drivers who work the dock. Like I said trickle down effect Red has no idea because he only worries about himself.

Ok, but this thread is about losing customers, not drivers setting at home, again purchase doesn't affect volume or customers.