XPO | Lots of spending going’s on

hey everybody,this guy after saying he saw 2 new 2017 tractors,all of a sudden saw 15 2018 tractors and opened all their doors to confirm that they were 2018,guess the unit numbers didn't give it away.dumber than a stump
I just got a new 2018 a few weeks ago, they are a bit longer didn't here anything about it being a 2005 design I was told because of the bigger motor that the hoods are longer. they don't have any kind off cover over the DEF tank and short steps looks like sh**. must have saved a $100, but they ride pretty good, better tires

I just got a new 2018 a few weeks ago, they are a bit longer didn't here anything about it being a 2005 design I was told because of the bigger motor that the hoods are longer. they don't have any kind off cover over the DEF tank and short steps looks like sh**. must have saved a $100, but they ride pretty good, better tires
You did not get a 2018 truck.From what doubledouch bag posted you got a 2019

New tractors, new lifts, new trailers, even saw new gears back from wherever they sent them to get fixed. Not enough new faces.
Saw some the other night at the FAC shop. They send them new frames with just the air tank on and the shop takes and axle off an old one and then puts all new parts on it including the fifth wheel. I believe they send the old frames somewhere to get rebuilt and painted and then send back into the system

I check in once in a great while, and feel compelled to put this truck issue to rest. When Freightliner or Mack
build a large order for XPO or UPS or OD they close the "line" and only build that one order until the order is completed. That way only parts for the customer spec trucks are on the line until completion of the order. If you order 700 2018 model year trucks, sometime during the model year the manufacturer will decide when, and on which assembly line the order will be produced. When the order is fulfilled they move on to the next large order until that order is completed.
A few weeks ago there were a bunch of new 2018's delivered to XMI for the shop to "in-service" according to one of the mechanics. I checked one out and the build sheet and shipping paperwork were in the truck. The one I checked out was built during the first week of August, in Saltillo, Mexico and shipped to a central shipping yard in Texas. They are NEW trucks not refurbed.
I do agree with a previous poster that the steps are a bit "cheesy".
I hope this puts this issue to rest. FDNM

Saw some the other night at the FAC shop. They send them new frames with just the air tank on and the shop takes and axle off an old one and then puts all new parts on it including the fifth wheel. I believe they send the old frames somewhere to get rebuilt and painted and then send back into the system
The ones I saw had been repainted. Did not really look at them closely but you could tell they were different from a distance.

I check in once in a great while, and feel compelled to put this truck issue to rest. When Freightliner or Mack
build a large order for XPO or UPS or OD they close the "line" and only build that one order until the order is completed. That way only parts for the customer spec trucks are on the line until completion of the order. If you order 700 2018 model year trucks, sometime during the model year the manufacturer will decide when, and on which assembly line the order will be produced. When the order is fulfilled they move on to the next large order until that order is completed.
A few weeks ago there were a bunch of new 2018's delivered to XMI for the shop to "in-service" according to one of the mechanics. I checked one out and the build sheet and shipping paperwork were in the truck. The one I checked out was built during the first week of August, in Saltillo, Mexico and shipped to a central shipping yard in Texas. They are NEW trucks not refurbed.
I do agree with a previous poster that the steps are a bit "cheesy".
I hope this puts this issue to rest. FDNM

I would wager a good sum that the lineage of these vehicles is not as pure as you claim.

You did not get a 2018 truck.From what doubledouch bag posted you got a 2019
wow,you don't even understand your OWN POSTS do you,YOU posted 2019 are now coming out,so like I said 2018 were bought "off cycle,ie later than usual,they are just hitting the road,when normally they would have hit the road late in 2017 and early 2018,you really are "special",...………………..can we have a ruling on doubledouch bag,even though it's spelled wrong by mr.genius

wow,you don't even understand your OWN POSTS do you,YOU posted 2019 are now coming out,so like I said 2018 were bought "off cycle,ie later than usual,they are just hitting the road,when normally they would have hit the road late in 2017 and early 2018,you really are "special",...………………..can we have a ruling on doubledouch bag,even though it's spelled wrong by mr.genius
I understand exactly what you are saying. You are right the new model years start coming in around oct-nov but we have always received our allotment of trucks between July and December. That’s the way it has been since I’ve been here. That’s the only way it could be because they will not order 2019 trucks until December or January so we will not receive them until the middle to end of year. Btw we have trucks in our yard from every year since 2008. There is not one year that has went by that they have not bought trucks and we got 20 in 2016 the year you said they didn’t buy any

I understand exactly what you are saying. You are right the new model years start coming in around oct-nov but we have always received our allotment of trucks between July and December. That’s the way it has been since I’ve been here. That’s the only way it could be because they will not order 2019 trucks until December or January so we will not receive them until the middle to end of year. Btw we have trucks in our yard from every year since 2008. There is not one year that has went by that they have not bought trucks and we got 20 in 2016 the year you said they didn’t buy any
never even mentioned 2016,not once in any post,unbelievable,,just unfkn believable,why do I try to teach the unteachable,i have no idea where you work,we get our "new tractors"very early in the year and sometimes before the new year every year except the recession year where they were bought "off cycle" and this year,where they are just coming on line now,our TM said those were the only 2 years he recalls that they were bought "off cycle",the only year we were talking about was 2018 which would be bought/ordered late in 2017,NOT ONE MENTION OF 2016...………………..ANYWHERE ANYWHERE ANYWHERE

never even mentioned 2016,not once in any post,unbelievable,,just unfkn believable,why do I try to teach the unteachable,i have no idea where you work,we get our "new tractors"very early in the year and sometimes before the new year every year except the recession year where they were bought "off cycle" and this year,where they are just coming on line now,our TM said those were the only 2 years he recalls that they were bought "off cycle",the only year we were talking about was 2018 which would be bought/ordered late in 2017,NOT ONE MENTION OF 2016...………………..ANYWHERE ANYWHERE ANYWHERE
Take a pill and chill out.

Oh yea.... Really
here is a quote from post 31 "late 2016"

The ones I saw had been repainted. Did not really look at them closely but you could tell they were different from a distance.
I saw some at the Shop on Sat morning. The frames are new. The spec plate has a manufacturer date of 2018. Ask the shop and they said then frames are shipped to them were they put the axle and all the other parts on them. The old frame is then put in the metal recycling dumpster. Just wish they have did any with the spare tire and went with a counter weight