FedEx Freight | Louisville results

When the Union push is done and the Dust settles it will all go back to the same crap.fedex is doing everything they can to keep the union OUT but when the push is over forget about the nice raise you got and when the company suddenly starts saying next year our profits are not as good as last year that's why the raise is much smaller if any at all and the crappy insurance cost goes Higher or we are all forced to get Obama care I don't want to hear a bunch of Bitching about well we had the opprunity to make a change and we voted NO so the company could yet have another shot at doing the right thing and well they didn't once again so go ahead and keep voting NO and support giving them there 4th 5th and 6th shot everybody has the right to vote how they want but I would urge you to vote YES because no one is ever going to listen to you at this company unless you are ratting one of your fellow workers out so good luck to everyone over the next 2 or 3 years of dramatic change hear at Fedexfreight and happy holidays

I would be perfectly fine with the union ONLY representing its members and leaving the non-members the hell alone....but unfortunately the laws don't allow for that. Of course if they did, the unions would have a hard time winning representation elections...IMO.

The law does allow for the non members to be left alone. They continue to reap the benefits as members in RTW states. So it should not be a problem at all for you to return everything gained correct? Just open up that wallet and hand it all back.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Given the ability to opt out, I would. If I opted out I would find it as unethical to benefit in any way and not pay dues or fees, as it would be to opt out and still have the union charge me fees.

Sadly that is not the case. No charge for services rendered in RTW for less states. A ***** utopia.

Are you saying that in RTW states, those folks who opt out at Teamster barns do not have to pay any fees?

Could you provide a link to the contract page of any Teamster contract that states such?

Are you saying that in RTW states, those folks who opt out at Teamster barns do not have to pay any fees?

Could you provide a link to the contract page of any Teamster contract that states such?

In other words, regardless of dues paid or not, the Union must represent. The initiation fees are at the locals discretion.

Johhny on the spot with everything else and now you're asking questions?

Don't have to provide a link. Go to NLRB website and it's on there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Without sounding harsh or sarcastic, that's NOT my intentions, but why do you have to share this job with anyone? It's a free country, there's plenty of union driving jobs out there. If you're not happy here why would you stay and subject yourself to the misery and un-needed stress...it's not very healthy?
To use your idea in reverse why don't all you nay sayer's leave and go to other nonunion companies and leave the drivers that want to improve their future stay and go union ? In right to work states union employees have to let non union's work along side of them and they the non's get all the benefits as the union guy so why shouldn't work the other way around ?

To use your idea in reverse why don't all you nay sayer's leave and go to other nonunion companies and leave the drivers that want to improve their future stay and go union ? In right to work states union employees have to let non union's work along side of them and they the non's get all the benefits as the union guy so why shouldn't work the other way around ?
Uh...because we were non-union first. It's you guys that want a change...how bout a change of scenery...with another company?

You can blame the politicians for the RTW laws, not the employees....in NC it would be the Democrats, they controlled NC for 126+ years....until 2010. The law was passed in 1946 or '48 I think.

They don't pay dues, I'm sure There are fees on the insurance?!?! I would think anyway?

They don't pay dues, I'm sure There are fees on the insurance?!?! I would think anyway?
Nope, in a RTW state non-union employees aren't forced to pay dues and we get everything the union members receive except the union pension....although we still get the company pension....no fees that I'm aware of. We also get alledged representation on grievances, I say alledged because I'm sure there won't be much effort from the shop steward but they're still required to represent.
Again, why would anyone in a RTW state want to join?

Nope, in a RTW state non-union employees aren't forced to pay dues and we get everything the union members receive except the union pension....although we still get the company pension....no fees that I'm aware of. We also get alledged representation on grievances, I say alledged because I'm sure there won't be much effort from the shop steward but they're still required to represent.
Again, why would anyone in a RTW state want to join?

Your asking the wrong man that question!!! I'll just leave it at that!!!

Your asking the wrong man that question!!! I'll just leave it at that!!!
Check that....

"If you are employed in one of the 24 states that has a Right to Work law, you are probably protected by the state's Right to Work law and cannot be required to join or pay dues or fees to a union."

Check that....

"If you are employed in one of the 24 states that has a Right to Work law, you are probably protected by the state's Right to Work law and cannot be required to join or pay dues or fees to a union."

That is correct.. But, if you got 75 drivers and all of them are union, and you're not, prepare to be the black sheep, juss sayin'... But, you probably will score points with management though..:butt kiss:er.....

No link for a know it all like you. It would be under the category of,"Except where prohibited by law" and included in the right to work law language.

I'm just wondering where my post went? Is it TB policy to just anonymously erase on topic posts without comment explanation or some kind of notification? Pooffff and there just gone without a trace.

I'm just wondering where my post went? Is it TB policy to just anonymously erase on topic posts without comment explanation or some kind of notification? Pooffff and there just gone without a trace.

Jeff is working on the system.. He said some weird things could happen until he gets it right..