Yellow | Love the winter weather...

VsRUhnh.jpg

My favorite place to take a nap!!!!!

Why, nobody else here started out on chain drive Macks?? :friendly wink:

My Grandfather was an old teamster. Took the produce to market in the buckboard and slept in the back on the way home to the farm.
The team memorized the way from Florence (Omaha) to Ponca and knew they would be fed upon safe arrival.

My Grandfather was an old teamster. Took the produce to market in the buckboard and slept in the back on the way home to the farm.
The team memorized the way from Florence (Omaha) to Ponca and knew they would be fed upon safe arrival.
Did they pick up the other "team" driver enroute ????

What goes around comes around, driver-less trucks on the horizon. :452:

Hard to believe anyone has longer whiskers than you...:biggrin new: :cool:

I can remember when the safety warnings that drivers put out on a breakdown were three kerosene filled "pots" that you lit with a match. I never had any of them when I started driving but I do have a set of them and their mounting bracket in my collection of "stuff".

What goes around comes around, driver-less trucks on the horizon. :452:

If the pace of life today were as then, I might be able to deal with it.

I can remember when the safety warnings that drivers put out on a breakdown were three kerosene filled "pots" that you lit with a match. I never had any of them when I started driving but I do have a set of them and their mounting bracket in my collection of "stuff".

Got a set of these I keep in my pickup,

yRhzgyz.jpg

but no kerosene lamps, except in the house when the power is out.