ODFL | Mailing

Aladdin Sane

TB Lurker
Credits
Received a mailing today from the company telling us to stay tuned and to expect a packet that is going to detail my part in a new and exciting way of doing business.
Any idea what that may be about?

Received a mailing today from the company telling us to stay tuned and to expect a packet that is going to detail my part in a new and exciting way of doing business.
Any idea what that may be about?

I don't know but I wouldn't run out and buy a new car........I would say your job title will be getting a little longer.

I don't know but I wouldn't run out and buy a new car........I would say your job title will be getting a little longer.
JIM BOB here's the full text of what the OD post card said, We're about to step up,stand outand compete on a whole new level.
Right now is a critical time in OD history.The playing field is changing,and it's time to step up our game and compete on a much larger scale. So stay tuned.Beacause soon,you'll receive an important package that explains our strategy to take OD to this next level,and even shows how you'll be taking part.It's a new and exiting direction that will completely change the way we think about what we do. And change the way the world thinks about us too.

Sounds like a big deal to me...OD never announced anything this way before JIM BOB I don,t know if they're sending this out to retirees if you can't get to see this let me know I'll try to figure out a way for you to see it.

Sounds like a big deal to me...OD never announced anything this way before JIM BOB I don,t know if they're sending this out to retirees if you can't get to see this let me know I'll try to figure out a way for you to see it.

Nope,I'm sure you fellas can handle anything that comes up.Thanks anyway.

Yeah, when you get things like that you don't know whether to be excited or apprehensive. That's just me though, I guess I'm a bit of a nervous sort. lol

Yeah you wouldn't want to be a T/M if OD takes a long time getting this information package out.Trying to answer all the questions from the troops would drive you nuts

Just got a call from a buddy of mine that runs days, his meet and turn guy told him about it and their freaking out. To me (i haven't got the letter yet) but it sounds like it is more likely good then bad for us i hope anyway.

The tone of the message reads positive.I doubt OD would send a mailing to us to announce a downsizing.

OD has been trying to shorten the name from Old Dominion to just OD for a few years.Trying to be like UPS,FEDEX,ABF,and so on and so forth.I think that is what it is about.

I heard from a salesperson that they are changing from SOLUTIONS to PROMISE.
Sounds good to me, the presention will be comming soon...........

If all this is about is a marketing campaign I'd be kind of disapointed.Everyone already calls us OD not much news there.Seems like this should be about something a little bigger.If the purpose of this mailing was to pique my interest,it's been succesful.

On a serious note, think we might purchase a OTR TL carrier? I could see this.. something on a much larger scale than the TL that was tried out the other year.

They made a mention of how the world will view us so I'm going to take an even more long shot guess.... Air Freight??

Whatever it is, I sure hope to hell they dont purchase a large suffering LTL carrier. That'd be a mess.

We don't have a european service partner like the ones we have in China,Mexico,or Canada I suppose I could just patiently wait for my info package,but it's more fun to idly speculate on my companys future.

I know.. wish I never heard of this site now. They should've just told us to begin with.

Come on, they are turning the tractors back up again. Notice one post said he heard it from his meet and turn partner. The promise, "We promise your freight will be flying down the road ahead of everyone else." We are going to be one step ahead of the rest.

Oh yeah, everything turned back up to 75 mph. Fuel prices have been lowered, it time to kick some ltl a$$, we're going to chrome out the tractors, CD players, custom interiors, straight stacks, maybe a little custom flame paint job going down the hood and side.

Across the board raises, a little bonus for the driver that drives the fastest.

Okay, I'm just dreaming...............but it got some of you all thinking, I mean what the heck I could really do something with this story.