FedEx Freight | Mass Layoffs

When will people find out ? Will there be an announcement or terminal meetings ?

it has already started, only scm's know and a few select others, orders came down yesterday, almost every terminal in fxnl system will be down to 1 supervisor for every 100 bills inbound and outbound. mass exodus on payday thursday and going strictly by seniority.:hide:

Can tell you for sure that its happening now. 6 people terminated in Choo Choo this morning. Not layed-off but position eliminated-permanent seperation. Go Fed-Ex Go!!!!

Some of the terminal managers will also be reengineered. A couple of the small terminals will be run by the TM’s at larger facilities.

maybee you were overstaffed. They are hiring in the northeast. even have an add on monster for owner operator teams and singles.

Some of the terminal managers will also be reengineered. A couple of the small terminals will be run by the TM’s at larger facilities.

At my terminal 2day 1 p/d, 1 dock, 1 linehaul dispacher, and terminal manager jobs were eliminated. only 3 pds and 1 linehaul left. i wonder how long will that last.

maybee you were overstaffed. They are hiring in the northeast. even have an add on monster for owner operator teams and singles.

I’m sure they were not over staffed when it was Watkins…
Unfortunately many terminals became over staffed when the
“shorthaul” business was transitioned to FedEx Freight
There were many terminals that lost a huge percentage of
their business when it was the main goal of the sales staff
to get all of the 1 and 2 day lanes on FXF.

I also need to get this off my chest…
You Watkins people know the head sale guy Greg S.
He was the first one saying that with the buyout of Watkins
the longhaul business that FXF was handling would be
transitioned to FXNL. Where has this gone ???
During the transitioning of the shorthual business to FXF he
was the one saying they would give us time to replace this
business with longhaul freight.. Thanks Greg.. I know your family
is fat and happy in Harrison but what about the 150 “family members”
without a job today.

Koooooolllllaaaaaaiiiiiddddd

I know at Watkins we were in the top 10 of LTL's and the largest most successful privately owned LTL in the world. Great profits and paychecks for being "over staffed". At Watkins you couyld earn a living wage and we thought we were a part of the family. But when chip cashed that check it was not made out to all of us upon the sale. The family was split up. Ego tripping know it all purple koolaid drinking MBA's came in from FED EX started changing a working program, and are now laying a big fat rotten egg. Leaving crapped on faithful employees in the dark or unemployed. Keep sippin the aid.

We were told by HR that over 250 employees will be a part of this latest endeavour to to save Fed Ex profits. It is sad to see your fellow employees almost breakdown and to know that their families will suffer from this.

Fed Ex did a lousy job of handleing this buyout and has not been up front from the start.

Good luck and best wishes to all and to all the famlies who have been affected by this.

I know at Watkins we were in the top 10 of LTL's and the largest most successful privately owned LTL in the world. Great profits and paychecks for being "over staffed". At Watkins you couyld earn a living wage and we thought we were a part of the family. But when chip cashed that check it was not made out to all of us upon the sale. The family was split up. Ego tripping know it all purple koolaid drinking MBA's came in from FED EX started changing a working program, and are now laying a big fat rotten egg. Leaving crapped on faithful employees in the dark or unemployed. Keep sippin the aid.
AMEN Brother! you said it all there. Myself, i worked for Watkins for 21 years before this Purple ::shit:: hit the fan, I would probably have taken a bullet for John or Buz Watkins, I always felt they were very upfront and personal every time you seen or talked to them and you could always take them at their word. My feeling was always as soon as John and Buz stepped down a few years ago, that it would spell the end of Watkins. The Boyz sure as hell didnt need the money or the headache and were never as personable as JW. Sure they put up a good front, but PR buys alot. Hell look at Fred Smith and his blowup doll they presented to all the WML employees via DVD when they bought WML. Now that was a real Laugh!! Him and Chip were laughing all the way to the bank, not caring how many lives would be affected by this blunder in the making. Hell I gotta stop this rant, I will be typing all day. Just know anyone that gets laid off, I feel for you and hope eveything goes well for you and your families.

I just got some inside info that FDXNL is preparing to cut "layoff" a substantial chunk of their workforce. I don't know exactly when but sometime in the near future. Labor, overhead, and purchase costs are not being offset by the amount of freight that is being moved through the system. I hope it all goes well for you guys.

everyone wants to know where you get your info at. Hell you are not supposed to work here anymore and you know more than people that does:hysterical: before it happens....hmmm....:hide:

an ex-federal express'er feels for you....

I feel for all of you who are experiencing the wrath of FedEx. I myself worked for FedEx for many years. Back before we even bought any LTL companies. When it was still Federal Express and it was only parcel freight. Back then it was a great company to work for, they really took care of their people, and it seemed like everytime you turned around they were handing you a check for something. But then thats when the college weenies with no real world experience came in and started changing everything. Then all of a sudden there was the buyout of Flying Tigers, Caliber Systems, American Freightways, Kinkos and now Watkins. The P-S-P philosophy used to really stand for something at FedEx. I remember our paychecks used to be printed in vibrant colors, and on the envelope it always said "a satisfied customer made this possible". It was people-service-profit. I can remember times where I would turn around at the hub, and right next to me would be standing Fred Smith ready to shake my hand and talk to me.

All that went away when it became about the stock holders. The company no longer was about taking care of customers and employees, it was about making the stock holders happy. It got worse after the buyout of Caliber Systems, I watched FedEx go in there and layoff at Viking. Then we at express starting moving freight for RPS, they started robbing Peter to pay Paul. and as soon as RPS was reorganized, they took our Express saver 2-3 day freight and gave it to RPS, and in essence we began competing with our sister company. We lost so much freight, and did FedEx lay us off?? Nah Mgmt would just come up to you and say "there is an opening in Oakland" and if you didnt take it they would make your life a living hell. Then P-S-P went from "people service profit" to "people screwing people". Our checks were mass printed then, no message on the back. The bonus' went away, hours were cut, it became a place you hated to work.

So I left and got into LTL at GI, and now im at Estes. I am glad Estes is family owned, they take care of us and it still feels like a family. My employee number was in the 32,000 range at FedEx, by the time I left, they were at 450,000 something. I am sorry you are all Experiencing the empty purple promise, Memphis does not have the employees in mind, and it was a shame to see Watkins go. Not many family owned companies around anymore to work for. You guys hang in there, alot of us know what it was like to work for FedEx, and have seen how they have literally ***** the companies that they bought. And cause employees of sister companies to compete against eachother.

I feel for all of you who are experiencing the wrath of FedEx. I myself worked for FedEx for many years. Back before we even bought any LTL companies. When it was still Federal Express and it was only parcel freight. Back then it was a great company to work for, they really took care of their people, and it seemed like everytime you turned around they were handing you a check for something. But then thats when the college weenies with no real world experience came in and started changing everything. Then all of a sudden there was the buyout of Flying Tigers, Caliber Systems, American Freightways, Kinkos and now Watkins. The P-S-P philosophy used to really stand for something at FedEx. I remember our paychecks used to be printed in vibrant colors, and on the envelope it always said "a satisfied customer made this possible". It was people-service-profit. I can remember times where I would turn around at the hub, and right next to me would be standing Fred Smith ready to shake my hand and talk to me.

All that went away when it became about the stock holders. The company no longer was about taking care of customers and employees, it was about making the stock holders happy. It got worse after the buyout of Caliber Systems, I watched FedEx go in there and layoff at Viking. Then we at express starting moving freight for RPS, they started robbing Peter to pay Paul. and as soon as RPS was reorganized, they took our Express saver 2-3 day freight and gave it to RPS, and in essence we began competing with our sister company. We lost so much freight, and did FedEx lay us off?? Nah Mgmt would just come up to you and say "there is an opening in Oakland" and if you didnt take it they would make your life a living hell. Then P-S-P went from "people service profit" to "people screwing people". Our checks were mass printed then, no message on the back. The bonus' went away, hours were cut, it became a place you hated to work.

So I left and got into LTL at GI, and now im at Estes. I am glad Estes is family owned, they take care of us and it still feels like a family. My employee number was in the 32,000 range at FedEx, by the time I left, they were at 450,000 something. I am sorry you are all Experiencing the empty purple promise, Memphis does not have the employees in mind, and it was a shame to see Watkins go. Not many family owned companies around anymore to work for. You guys hang in there, alot of us know what it was like to work for FedEx, and have seen how they have literally ***** the companies that they bought. And cause employees of sister companies to compete against eachother.

Very well said:1036316054:

According to what happened at our barn (sorry ex-barn) these are not lay-offs but elimination of positions, which means you can't just go back to work if it gets busy but have to tre-apply and start all over again.

Is this not the case evrywhere and are some just laying-off. Just curiuos.