FedEx Freight | Mass Layoffs

I dont beleive that you dont have enough drivers,when it is our freight here they took away to keep you all busy when we are sitting home because some greedy people make bad deals and make us pay so they can pad their pockets . Yes that is taking care of people. Make us pay for their mistake.

You sound like a fedex frt driver or are you FXNL. No big deal just woundring how to reply to your post.:smilie_132:

You sound like a FedEx frt driver or are you FXNL. No big deal just wondering how to reply to your post.:smilier_132:

I see they same confusion on the shippers dock. Who is who. Thats why this deal is falling apart. Theres no separation to distinguish each other on a trucking board.So hows the shipper tell you apart? I don't see ground or custom critical posting a whole lot here on national board or if they do they pretty well make you aware of what division they are from. But Freight or is it National?? No its memorex!!

If I wear my button up shirt that only says fedex on the pocket, I get the same response
"are you freight or national"? So I try to wear my polo where it stated Freight on the shirt. But yes I do get the customers confused all the time.

If I wear my button up shirt that only says fedex on the pocket, I get the same response
"are you freight or national"? So I try to wear my polo where it stated Freight on the shirt. But yes I do get the customers confused all the time.

I have people try to hand me parcels at stops.( express )Oops! I have people ask me if I am swapping their trailer ( ground )I have guys at a delivery tell me they are tired of trying to get a hold of national when they want to reach freight, and tired of getting a hold of freight when they want national. They hate the web sites. And they are really pissed with the new sales force reorganization because all they have now is a little yuppie freight coed who never answers her business phone and they must deal with her voice mail that is not returned for days, when the situation in the customers mind is urgent, that is why they are calling. No they are not calling to find out if that idiot boy friend was dumb enough to propose. Although that would get a quicker response. Only customers that know me and know the other fedex drivers are not confused. The Fedex name is to over used. Purple is getting spread to thin. There are other colors available.

I have people try to hand me parcels at stops.( express )Oops!

Happens to UPS Freight drivers too.

I have guys at a delivery tell me they are tired of trying to get a hold of national when they want to reach freight, and tired of getting a hold of freight when they want national. They hate the web sites.

This is definitely a problem. However, in my opinion, it is NOT the two separate networks...it is the way FedEx is presenting them to customers. They need one phone #, one integrated website, one billing invoice, one contact point, etc and alot of those problems will go away.

If you have any experience programming computers, you know that there's a "front-end" and a "back-end" to any application. The front-end is what's presented to the user: the GUI, buttons, and slick graphics. It is pretty-much dumbed-down so that the user has no idea what's going on in the back-end: the complex engine of the program which involves many levels of subroutines.

The problem with FedEx in regards to LTL is that they are exposing the customer too much to the back-end mechanics of the operation: the two networks. They need to dumb-it-down and present one, easy-to-use interface.

And they are really pissed with the new sales force reorganization because all they have now is a little yuppie freight coed who never answers her business phone and they must deal with her voice mail that is not returned for days, when the situation in the customers mind is urgent, that is why they are calling. No they are not calling to find out if that idiot boy friend was dumb enough to propose. Although that would get a quicker response.

That's a bit over-the-top.

The Fedex name is to over used.

Maybe. But tell someone you work for FedEx and they instantly understand what company you're affiliated with. Say "Watkins", "Old Dominion", "Estes", even "Conway" and most people outside the freight business have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

That's the power of the brand. Now they just have to leverage it properly in regards to FedEx National.

I see they same confusion on the shippers dock. Who is who. Thats why this deal is falling apart. Theres no separation to distinguish each other on a trucking board.So hows the shipper tell you apart? I don't see ground or custom critical posting a whole lot here on national board or if they do they pretty well make you aware of what division they are from. But Freight or is it National?? No its memorex!!

It blows me away ya all that says this is falling apart, well if its falling apart take your sorry butts & go. No great loss ya can be replaced. If its so bad all the trls I pull EVERYDAY weigh 16 thousand and up and are 85% cube or higher. So really if ya don't like working for FXNL OR ONE OF THE OTHER FEDEX COMPANIES do us favor and QUIT:smilie_132:

It blows me away ya all that says this is falling apart, well if its falling apart take your sorry butts & go. No great loss ya can be replaced. If its so bad all the trls I pull EVERYDAY weigh 16 thousand and up and are 85% cube or higher. So really if ya don't like working for FXNL OR ONE OF THE OTHER FEDEX COMPANIES do us favor and QUIT:smilie_132:

Midnight Rider claims to be from the good ol' USA. But, with all the ya's I think I detected a definate Sssveedish accent...ya.
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Midnight Rider claims to be from the good ol' USA. But, with all the ya's I think I detected a definate Sssveedish accent...ya.
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Well you want good o'l American you got it, but if thats the best you got to write back it sounds like its comeing out of my 10yr old nephew. Since your being that childish I'll break out the crayons just for you, my nephew has better come backs then that and at the very least he hits on the subject which I see you didn't, I guess that gives him more maturity then you. Is that American enough for you:biglaugh:

yes and his answer is to quit. How about fixing the problem. I never said anything about being angry,just stating a fact and great for him that he is hauling freight but that's not the way at every terminal. We in the Midwest are hauling a lot of empties. No money in that. And my I say thats what the forums are for to speak your opinion., And mine is that after a year and a half of FedEx I don't see alot of improvement over what we had at Watkins. Yes Watkins had there problems too and we weathered them out. the biggest problem I encounter is no communication as I've stated in all my post.So if quit is the answer Midnight, then your the problem with no solution. That's to standard of a answer Quit if you don't like it.

yes and his answer is to quit. How about fixing the problem. I never said anything about being angry,just stating a fact and great for him that he is hauling freight but that's not the way at every terminal. We in the Midwest are hauling a lot of empties. No money in that. And my I say thats what the forums are for to speak your opinion., And mine is that after a year and a half of FedEx I don't see alot of improvement over what we had at Watkins. Yes Watkins had there problems too and we weathered them out. the biggest problem I encounter is no communication as I've stated in all my post.So if quit is the answer Midnight, then your the problem with no solution. That's to standard of a answer Quit if you don't like it.

All I see is how bad it is, well for the people who think its so bad your right pack your bags and get out. Sitting in here crying does no good. i was with WML since Nov of 94 you think for one second that I like that they sold us out. Helll no, but now I make the best of it because I've been with my share of s***t compaines before I got on we with WML in SBR now in Den. I saw that stupid dvd they put yes they need more roundtable meetings all over. They need them from Hbg to Cha and all over. So you guys can air out what is wrong. Will it do any good with Fedex I doubt it but it needs to be done because back in your part of the country there are a lot of problems and no one is listing to you guys out there. I have my own bs to put up with here but its not as bad for us here yet, Den is main lane well lets see what its like for us in a month when the snow starts to fly here and in all the states around us. That is going to screw up all the bids and all the frt is going to start to be late and lets see how they( fedex ) handles that problem. Bottom line everyone needs to start demanding more Roundtable meetings with those who can really do something more then just sit there and :butt kiss:
then go away and never be seen or heard from again.

Well you want good o'l American you got it, but if thats the best you got to write back it sounds like its comeing out of my 10yr old nephew. Since your being that childish I'll break out the crayons just for you, my nephew has better come backs then that and at the very least he hits on the subject which I see you didn't, I guess that gives him more maturity then you. Is that American enough for you:biglaugh:

Yes that sounds more American! Now you sound like Brittany Spears :biglaugh: Actually the come back came from my SEVEN year old granddaughter. She also wanted to know why you were so angry. Oh yes, as for the subject it's 'MASS LAYOFFS' not why don't you quit. But as for the current line of thought I'd have to go with Gator.

Back on topic

Now that we're back on topic.....I had a 1 on 1 type Roundtable today with One of our Top exexcutives and here are a couple of things he offered. First he said that the majority of the realignment meetings are over and that he feels that everyone that is left is safe in there jobs as far as cut downs go:1036316054: . ( he was speaking of office and linehaul) Second he feels it will be 12 to 18 months before we start to see the long haul frieght from our brothers at FXF due to us being able to handle the volume both equiment and driver wise and due to the experation of contracts with outside contractors contracts expiring, he also said we canceled a order for 400 tractors earlier this year due to frieght volumes vrs profit being down at the time but we could and should reorder after the first of the year, receiveing them maybe around June.( he acknowledged we are short on tractors and dollies through out the system ect) He says the people in Lakeland are split about 50/50 on whether we will maintain the 13,00 t0 16,000 bills we are doing now throughout before we see a increase in freight or that we will see 1 more dip in frieght before we start the upward climb. ( he falls into the latter opinion)
Now with all that said it is hard to determine how much of this is fact and how much is just trying to stablize the ship, but I for one hope we have seen the worst of the Storm. Good Luck my brothers and sisters and here's to better days ahead for all.:1036316054:

Now that we're back on topic.....I had a 1 on 1 type Roundtable today with One of our Top exexcutives and here are a couple of things he offered. First he said that the majority of the realignment meetings are over and that he feels that everyone that is left is safe in there jobs as far as cut downs go:1036316054: . ( he was speaking of office and linehaul) Second he feels it will be 12 to 18 months before we start to see the long haul frieght from our brothers at FXF due to us being able to handle the volume both equiment and driver wise and due to the experation of contracts with outside contractors contracts expiring, he also said we canceled a order for 400 tractors earlier this year due to frieght volumes vrs profit being down at the time but we could and should reorder after the first of the year, receiveing them maybe around June.( he acknowledged we are short on tractors and dollies through out the system ect) He says the people in Lakeland are split about 50/50 on whether we will maintain the 13,00 t0 16,000 bills we are doing now throughout before we see a increase in freight or that we will see 1 more dip in frieght before we start the upward climb. ( he falls into the latter opinion)
Now with all that said it is hard to determine how much of this is fact and how much is just trying to stablize the ship, but I for one hope we have seen the worst of the Storm. Good Luck my brothers and sisters and here's to better days ahead for all.:1036316054:

Thanks for your post. I'm not saying things are great here I do think they should hold company wide rouundtable meetings like the one you got. With the winter months right around the corner frt is going to go down even more. Hope what you got is right.

As for the 'MASS LAY-OFFS' that Tundra warned us about, it seems they are not going to materialize. Perhaps Tundra's inside information was incorrect or at least overstated. Could it be possible Tundra lied to old friends, sorta like poking sticks at a caged dog. Makes you wonder.
We didn't have the layoffs like the ones happening at Chrysler, Wachovia and Bank of America. Interestingly enough, Bank of America is being investgated by the Conneticutt State Attorney General for lying about layoffs following a recent aquisition.
When it comes to round table meeting, with a publicly traded company, your input will be welcomed only if you can suggest how the company can save $$$. Otherwise all you will get is possibly refreshments.
Yeah we had layoffs. But the corporate legal dept. termed it 'position elimination'. Other than that can't we just have a little LOVE out there?

Wow. I am glad I checked this forum. I was just about to fill out applications for linehaul positions in Harrisburg, PA and Albany, NY. Maybe I should look at other companies for employment? Sure seems like this company is in turmoil.

Wow. I am glad I checked this forum. I was just about to fill out applications for linehaul positions in Harrisburg, PA and Albany, NY. Maybe I should look at other companies for employment? Sure seems like this company is in turmoil.

I wouldn't try to read a lot into it. Most of what you see here is people who rode out the transition. It's mostly a lot of venting.

1 more Thought

One thing I forgot in my previos post that is of major interest, is that I was also told that the executivies are putting the final touches on our NEW DRIVERS HAND BOOKS and hopefully we will see them just after the first of the year:1036316054: ............. 1 last thought... although he said if your still here you are proably safe, there was no mention (of course) that when ACOPS (or whatever it is called) is implemented for self dispatch that most if not all the dispatchers will be gone. Just 1 more example of management trying to calm the water without telling the whole story.:hide:

I would like to know the textbook definition of ACOPS is.
I have heard comments that suggest the new hand book will only be on the intranet??? supposidly so changes can be made quickly...go fiquire.
we are already checking our bills for hazmat no longer on the dispatch sheet. Wonder how long we will have dispatchers.
:smilie_132: :smilie_132: :smilie_132: