FedEx Freight | Mass Layoffs

I guess we broke the bank at FDX when they gave the single drivers a livable wage increase almost 6% and another week of vacation, also a bump to our 401k this coming January. That must be the reason they are closing centers that can't pay for themselves. Corpus has never had any outbound and not much in bound. Don't know what the revenue was in FWI. Also heard that FT Pierce in Fl was closed also No freight.

I hate to see anyone lose ther job, but WML had a 92.? % operating ratio.
Freight's is considerably lower, in the low 80's I've heard. Who didn't see this comming really? truck safe dave
:chairshot: ME ME ME ME PICK ME!!!
give me a break dude, that was numbers that were reported, privately held company does not have to post their actual numbers, its better for business. In the long run when corporate traffic managers see a company posting lower OR's = BIGGER DISCOUNTS and hauling the junk freight for practically free which Watkins was not doing. I myself worked for WML for 21 years and we always made a profit and BIG BONUS's..:funky: So what Im getting at is the numbers posted was not always what it seemed, you had to be on the inside to see what was really happening, it WAS a great company to work for in my opinion. Of course, like *******'s I know everyone has one. :biglaugh:

I see the writing on the wall and it's no purple promise. You are only a number, when your terminated be sure no one in harrison will lose on wink of sleep. I have given many hard years of backbreaking labor to "the man", there is no two way street when it comes to loyalty anymore. All the oldscool people are dead or dying along with a way of treating people who did a good job because it was a reflection of your family name, and days when your word and a handshake meant something. I am not drinking their koolaid anymore, can't affor it on 20 hrs a week.

You're absolutely right, Deerhunter. There is no loyalty in corporate America anymore; it's not just FedEx or the trucking companies. The whole deal is this: go to work, do your job, get paid on Friday, go home. If you or anyone are at a terminal that went from 200 bills a day to 30 and you are not actively seeking employment elsewhere (even if you're number 1 on the board), you're a damn fool. The hard truth is that FedEx owes me and everyone else nothing more than a paycheck at the end of the week and the sooner people get that ugly fact through their heads, the happier they will be.

I'm sorry for what happened to the folks at Watkins, I truly am. But I am not suprised. We live in a world where money rules all.....never forget that.

One last thing. A lot of you folks tend to put the Watkins family on a pretty high pedistal and that's fine. But just remember one thing, Chip and his buddies sold your asses down the river and walked away with a sack full of money........just like the Garrison's did us.

Peace and good luck.

One last thing. A lot of you folks tend to put the Watkins family on a pretty high pedistal and that's fine. But just remember one thing, Chip and his buddies sold your asses down the river and walked away with a sack full of money........just like the Garrison's did us.

Peace and good luck.

I think there was more to the Garrison's deal then just selling out. Who was going to run the company after Mr. Garrison was to sick to carry on? Not the boys in my opinion. They were nice guys but not the type to keep AF going. I don't blame them for selling. Sooner or later the big boys were going to buy out some one. Might as well have been them.

They shouldn't have lied and said no one would lose their job! They said it was going to be great! What a joke, just ell the truth so everyone has time to find employment elsewhere so don't lose everything!

Lying is just part of the daily business routine at fed ex, its been going on from day one of buying AF and it will go on tomorrow. Lie to get what you want and need from your employees and when they complain replace them. Good luck to all you national people.:hide:

Aren't you the least bit curious as to how Tundra - KNOWS- so much. Is he going to see Mde. Misfitza every day. Or maybe someone at the big house in Memphis has a split personality and Tundra is the -OTHER -one.:1036316054:

Aren't you the least bit curious as to how Tundra - KNOWS- so much. Is he going to see Mde. Misfitza every day. Or maybe someone at the big house in Memphis has a split personality and Tundra is the -OTHER -one.:1036316054:

:hysterical: THATS what i been sayin, i think he or she not sure:biglaugh: is sittin in the crystal palace in lakeland:chairshot:

So far TUNDRA2000 is pretty much batting 1000. Please correct me if otherwise. Do not know were he gets his info, but a lot of people started losing their jobs last week, and it is still going on this week.
Ok Ok Tundra 2000 was right on this one. (THERE IS A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING):smilie_132:

Hey all.......first post here.
I believe we have 21 bills showing for tomorrow in Dayton...
I hope for all of our sakes that things get better.

Hey all.......first post here.
I believe we have 21 bills showing for tomorrow in Dayton...
I hope for all of our sakes that things get better.

I was told by a friend out west that phx and tuc or gone and all national frt that does go thur thier is picked up and del by fedex frt west. So if this is true maybe the small terminals better:hide:

All this makes you wonder what will happen to all the small leased terminals when the lease is up, especially if there's a larger FXF yard down the road.

I dont beleive that you dont have enough drivers,when it is our freight here they took away to keep you all busy when we are sitting home because some greedy people make bad deals and make us pay so they can pad their pockets . Yes that is taking care of people. Make us pay for their mistake.