Holland | medical insurance?

shaggysp

TB Lurker
Credits
I see ads talking about medical insurance being covered but what is deductable and other info please. Dental vision?

the medical ins. for for the whole family and it cover's heath, dental , vision, pharmacy ,etc , the cost is the union dues plus the -15% weekly , & deductable is guessing like $1000. ? , but you will be on night shift forever as city guy & linehaul you will be on open board forever and you will get a brand new sterling truck with only million & half to 2 million miles on it !! so come on over & get on board, 10-4

I see ads talking about medical insurance being covered but what is deductable and other info please. Dental vision?

You don't pay a nickel for your insurance,100% company paid ,No one in the industry has better insurance that I am aware of. $400.00 family deductible, 2 free dental cleanings per year and I think a $1500.00 cap /year on non cosmetic you need done, per family member.Vision is a discounted rate at most eye care clinics.I think annual eye exams are free(mine was) - $20.00 co pay.You Will Not have 15% taken from your check.You top out at 21.11 in ATL and none of our city drivers come In past 1 pm.You may have to come in early on inbound when starting.

No one in the industry has better insurance that I am aware of.
My family dentist office once told us that they've never seen a better dental plan. They claimed that ours (at Holland) was even better than what the state offered to their employees.:1036316054:

You top out at 21.11
Which is less than the starting pay at a few other LTL carriers.:17113:

Last edited:
My family dentist office once told us that they've never seen a better dental plan. They claimed that ours (at Holland) was even better than what the state offered to their employees.:1036316054:

Which is less than the starting pay at a few other LTL carriers.:17113:

Yeah, but whats their overtime policy? Whats the insurance like? There are still ads up all over the country for .25cpm or 12 an hour. Still not a bad job, when you look at other feasable blue collar jobs.

well fellow driver I can tell you first hand. I'm on short term disability now we have a cadilac insurance plan paid by company at 100% no money taken out of your check major medical is $1000 out of pocket after $200 dedutable or $400 per family is met if you go to surgery like me as a out patient it is paid at 100% my doctor say we have great insurance plan and I have to agree I have used it a lot over the years also you get $300 hundred a week from the union after 3 months you get $350 a week and your heathcare insurance is still payed where are you going to find that these days. now I have been at Holland a log time as far as working for the company while it could be better like the old day's used to be. it also could be at lot worse we all want it to get better but the times has changed so much over the years. you will work a lot of overtime sometimes on the dock sometimes driving . it all pay's the same. we work a lot of overtime because we are so short on manpower. but they do pay you time and a half after 8 hrs. I personaly know some of our drivers made 75,000 last year but they like more overtime I made about $68,000 last year averaging about 56hrs a week I also had 6 weeks off for surgery. also you get 5 sick days a year and 1 personal day a year so while it is could be a better company like the old days it is still one of the better companys to work for. drivers attitudes plays a big part in how a company could be better and survive . while nobody including me likes a give back in pay and pension we can all hope for the best in the long run. there are very very few companys out that pay 100% for your heathcare these days.when you get older you tend to look at your heathcare more and more some times that means more than more money that's just my 2 cent worth have a good day be safe out there

You don't pay a nickel for your insurance,100% company paid ,No one in the industry has better insurance that I am aware of. $400.00 family deductible, 2 free dental cleanings per year and I think a $1500.00 cap /year on non cosmetic you need done, per family member.Vision is a discounted rate at most eye care clinics.I think annual eye exams are free(mine was) - $20.00 co pay.You Will Not have 15% taken from your check.You top out at 21.11 in ATL and none of our city drivers come In past 1 pm.You may have to come in early on inbound when starting.
Wtf you mean you want have 15% taken out your check lol they do it every darn week are you blind i think you need to go back to the eye doctor

well fellow driver I can tell you first hand. I'm on short term disability now we have a cadilac insurance plan paid by company at 100% no money taken out of your check major medical is $1000 out of pocket after $200 dedutable or $400 per family is met if you go to surgery like me as a out patient it is paid at 100% my doctor say we have great insurance plan and I have to agree I have used it a lot over the years also you get $300 hundred a week from the union after 3 months you get $350 a week and your heathcare insurance is still payed where are you going to find that these days. now I have been at Holland a log time as far as working for the company while it could be better like the old day's used to be. it also could be at lot worse we all want it to get better but the times has changed so much over the years. you will work a lot of overtime sometimes on the dock sometimes driving . it all pay's the same. we work a lot of overtime because we are so short on manpower. but they do pay you time and a half after 8 hrs. I personaly know some of our drivers made 75,000 last year but they like more overtime I made about $68,000 last year averaging about 56hrs a week I also had 6 weeks off for surgery. also you get 5 sick days a year and 1 personal day a year so while it is could be a better company like the old days it is still one of the better companys to work for. drivers attitudes plays a big part in how a company could be better and survive . while nobody including me likes a give back in pay and pension we can all hope for the best in the long run. there are very very few companys out that pay 100% for your heathcare these days.when you get older you tend to look at your heathcare more and more some times that means more than more money that's just my 2 cent worth have a good day be safe out there
It aint going to get better and the whole insurance deal is bs yes its the best and technical it aint free we have 15% coming out to pay for sometbing and you take a look at MME there policy is 2.50 a week for full covrage everything so there is options around here

oh okay thanks buffalo bill I'm a slow learner on the mme right now we have the best insurance around and believe me I have used it a lot lately right now I'm on disability short term and the insurance is good for out patient surgery they pay 100% after 200 deductible is met . I know of some other companys that have a 5,000 deductible now that would really suck and I do agree we have 15 % taken out of our checks so I guess it does pay for our insurance. I do wish we could get it bac we can just hope for the future the other companys might pay more but if you figure in the insurance they pay each week week make about the same we the kickers is we get time and a half after 8 on overtime that were we make up the difference in pay most of them don't get overtime pay til after 50hrs or more I thuink at old dominion it is like overtime after 60 hrs but who wants to work that many hrs for time and a half

So if you work out of the Atlanta terminal you aren't affected by the 15% wage concession??!? That's what your post just said...

One thing for certain, most of us are guilty of thinking that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. In reality, most of us have certain things that are a priority that we are looking for at our place of work, usually based on family needs. None of these jobs are perfect, and each company has certain advantages and/or benefits over other companies. But before anyone makes decisions on switching your employer, make sure that you've armed yourself with ALL of the information before jumping ship. Several of them lie to you to get you in the door, then you find out later that they lied, omitted information on purpose, or distorted the truth. Arm yourself with all of the facts and compare apples to apples before making that big of a decision for your family.

Huh what? Just because they no longer show it on your check,it`s still gone. That 15% and the75%they don`t pay into the pension fund is more than enough to pay for that insurance you don`t pay a nickel for!!

So if you work out of the Atlanta terminal you aren't affected by the 15% wage concession??!? That's what your post just said...

Huh what? Just because they no longer show it on your check,it`s still gone. That 15% and the75%they don`t pay into the pension fund is more than enough to pay for that insurance you don`t pay a nickel for!!

Guys, not a nickel comes out of my check for insurance.We make $21.11 per hour in the city and time and a half after 8 hours.It is what it is.I was talking to an O.D driver last week in and he told me his insurance deductible was $ 5,000.00 per year.We have damn good insurance if nothing else.
And song ,yes. We took a wage concession but we still do not pay for our insurance.

Guys, not a nickel comes out of my check for insurance.We make $21.11 per hour in the city and time and a half after 8 hours.It is what it is.I was talking to an O.D driver last week in and he told me his insurance deductible was $ 5,000.00 per year.We have damn good insurance if nothing else.
And song ,yes. We took a wage concession but we still do not pay for our insurance.

I was giving you a hard time. I think h got his figures wrong though, that $5000 isn't the deductible, that's the max out of pocket for a year. Out deductible isn't near 5 large. Can't remember what it is off hand but I'm certain it ain't that big.

amen too that falcon I know first hand I just paid my dedutable of $200 the other day I know a lot of other drivers that say theres is a $5000 dedutable plus they take about a hundred out of there check each week . right now we have the best insurance around now in the future. I just don't know I think that if they start messing with our insurance that will be the last straw people will be leaving in droves we just have to see what the future holds we all would like to see it back to the old days right now it is one day at time just save your money for the rainy day.