Central Transport | Merging has started. Will be completed soon!

LOL... Yep. I had a buddy call me from his company about putting in a job application there while the terminal manager from Central was talking to us this morning. I took the call during the meeting. I kinda felt bad about it. Wait... no I didn't.

Just remember you're responsible for the equipment. If it's not safe to go on the road don't take.

EXACTLY. Refuse to risk it. If they send you home, call the State Police D.O.T. immediately. With their record, it's not like they won't believe you. They have plenty of experience with Central as it is. :-P
If it continues, consult an attorney. It is illegal for them to retaliate if the complaint is justified.

Do you know anything about Indiana Terminals..Fort Wayne? Alot of the drivers are jumping ship. But I guess there are no spots for clerks? I am just worried about having no job during the holidays but my manager refuses to tell me anything. Any info would be appreciated.

Do you know anything about Indiana Terminals..Fort Wayne? Alot of the drivers are jumping ship. But I guess there are no spots for clerks? I am just worried about having no job during the holidays but my manager refuses to tell me anything. Any info would be appreciated.
If you are a clerk I have one question...can you survive on unemployment? If not I would start looking around. Most if not all terminal support jobs are moving to Michigan. Sorry

TMs every where, that I know of are saying nothing. Everything said by them so far is untrue or we have not yet had a chance to see if it is untrue. If I were you I would take the advice above and get out ASAP. We will know nothing until it happens.

If you are a clerk I have one question...can you survive on unemployment? If not I would start looking around. Most if not all terminal support jobs are moving to Michigan. Sorry

Yeah not going back to Michgan. I was already offered a postion there..I have been looking for a while now. I kinda knew I was screwed just wanted to know if there was any word anywhere about jobs with CT other then driving..Its great and all that ct is "saving Vitran" but they are just ruining the ones they let go. I am not sure if I will find a job before they lay me off but I will manage.

Thanks for the replies! Keep moving forward.

LOL... Yep. I had a buddy call me from his company about putting in a job application there while the terminal manager from Central was talking to us this morning. I took the call during the meeting. I kinda felt bad about it. Wait... no I didn't.

Prime example of the problem with today's world. Common courtesy is nonexistent. That Central Manager you gleefully disrespected had nothing to do with Vitrans collapse and Centrals subsequent buyout. Yet you had to "show him" and prove how rude you are. Truth be told, I would have made your decision for you on whether to come yo central right then and there if I was that manager.
Keep on living that dream that you're the professional driver that deserves top pay............................

most of the senior vitran drivers will be gone by next summer, what c.t. wants as well. then they'll weed the remaining senior drivers out. we all been through this pattern before and things never change. i laugh when they lay it on thick and paint a pretty picture as you feel it raining on your back.

Sure I agree, I can also tell you every driver at central (that I have ran into) came from other ltl carriers - Pitt Ohio, fed ex freight, Estes, etc. Central must not be all bad and maybe something are in fact better.

Me personally, been a great change for me, although I came to CT before the Vitran deal. After we get more guys like Jackie boy over here, I may change my mind.

Since the 9 am meeting never happened. What was it about?

Central is betting on drivers looking at the short term rather than the long term. If you look at the long term (benefits and where you'll top out), you'll never stay. They are bottom of the barrel. If you only look short term, you might stay awhile. THAT is what Central is counting on. It will give them enough time to replace drivers without losing accounts.
Personally, I don't care either way. I've already decided to leave. I have a great MVR. and CSA. I'll find something good. They won't replace quality drivers with what they're paying.
I hate repeating myself! But.....when was vitran in the upper echelon of trucking??? NEVER!!!! that's when. All this b/s talk,for what? Just quit !!!! All you do is throw dirt on ct! I'm sick of reading your garbage! Go get that fabulous driving job ! And stop posting that negative b/s on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prime example of the problem with today's world. Common courtesy is nonexistent. That Central Manager you gleefully disrespected had nothing to do with Vitrans collapse and Centrals suset buyout. Yet yohad to "show him" and prove how rude you are. Truth be told, I would have made your decision for you on whether to come yo central right then and there if I was that manager.
Keep on living that dream that you're the professional driver that deserves top pay............................

Ummmm.... When a guy is telling me something I know to be false, and another guy is telling me something to help me- I'll switch my attention EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

...And I totally get that it wasn't his doing. He's just a pawn. He's moving the way the hand of the real player is telling him to.
(Oh... and as a courtesy to said pawn, I stepped out of the room so as not to interrupt his speech about how great it would be working for no overtime.)

Defending Central's behavior is like a prostitute defending her pimp. It's sad, and only mildly justifiable because she knows no better...
You call me disrespectful?!! Why? Because I have no problem telling someone they're wrong? Because I think a man that works overtime should actually be PAID for it? Because I question whether a man can do better for himself than this? Because a man that breaks his back everyday for ten years for a company deserves better than this?
Dang. You're right. Shame on me.

I hate repeating myself! But.....when was vitran in the upper echelon of trucking??? NEVER!!!! that's when. All this b/s talk,for what? Just quit !!!! All you do is throw dirt on ct! I'm sick of reading your garbage! Go get that fabulous driving ! And stop posting that negative b/s on this forum.

I will call a spade a spade. You are a Central driver? Well, I think if you work hard and are a good driver -you deserve more than you get. I think you are worth more than Central does.... but you choose to defend Central. They are screwing you guys by letting Vitran drivers continue to make MORE money than you. (THAT is your reward for loyalty to Central.)
If you think that's negative b.s. -you're right. Unfortunately for you- it happens to be the TRUTH.

And, I'm not on here wasting my time to try to make everyone feel bad. (In case you haven't noticed, I'm not spreading rumors like some folk. ) I'm on here because I love the hell out my fellow drivers and dock workers and supervisors and office staff. BOTH Vitran AND Central.
Central may be good for the rookies, but loyalty to Central will get you screwed. It ought to be somewhat obvious by now... but if it's not- just wait a bit.

And, I'm not on here wasting my time to try to make everyone feel bad. (In case you haven't noticed, I'm not spreading rumors like some folk. ) I'm on here because I love the hell out my fellow drivers and dock workers and supervisors and office staff. BOTH Vitran AND Central.
Central may be good for the rookies, but loyalty to Central will get you screwed. It ought to be somewhat obvious by now... but if it's not- just wait a bit.

Yet you still work at Central.............

If its that bad, and you're such a great asset to a company, why o why do you still cash a Central check?

Yet you still work at Central.............

If its that bad, and you're such a great asset to a company, why o why do you still cash a Central check?

I don't think he works for central "proper". by some of the post I'd say he is Vitran, and maybe referring to some of the office staff that has gone over already.

Last edited by a moderator: