Yellow | Merging

The Beginning Of The End!

:hide:A lot of corporate doublespeak in the release....we are keeping both brands...but we are merging operations?! What does that mean? We know it means tons of layoffs, and more money in Dollar Bill and The Smidsters pockets! I HOPE JIM H. AND TYSON J. AND THE REST OF THE IBT FREIGHT DIVISON IS ON TOP OF THESE DEVELOPMENTS! We knew it was coming...we just didn't know when!

You Yellow & Roadway just be thankful you do not work for the USF name. In the end of all the YRC changes and moves everyone will be in a state of Shock though.

:hide:A lot of corporate doublespeak in the release....we are keeping both brands...but we are merging operations?! What does that mean? We know it means tons of layoffs, and more money in Dollar Bill and The Smidsters pockets! I HOPE JIM H. AND TYSON J. AND THE REST OF THE IBT FREIGHT DIVISON IS ON TOP OF THESE DEVELOPMENTS! We knew it was coming...we just didn't know when!

Put everybody on one boat together and then sink it... :shades:

Here is the company memo circulating at Roadway this morning:

To: All YRC Worldwide employees

This morning, we’re announcing plans to accelerate our integration strategy by bringing Yellow and Roadway together in one company, Yellow Roadway. While this process will continue through 2009, I want to make sure you understand now what we’re doing, why it’s a huge step forward, and what it means for you, our customers and our company.

We’re better together

The economy is challenging, and competition in our industry is intense. By uniting our two largest subsidiaries in one company, we can create the most comprehensive network and service portfolio available – we will better serve our customers and gain a powerful competitive advantage in the marketplace. While the action directly involves Yellow and Roadway, it reinforces the collective strength of YRC Worldwide: We’re better together.

We’ve seen proof of this with the Enterprise Solutions Group and our YRC Corporate Sales team. Now, we’re ready for the next step. Moving the Yellow and Roadway network and operations into one allows us to create a simple network with reduced handling and greater density; our combined volume will allow us to design network capabilities that will be unmatched in the market.

To effectively promote those capabilities, we plan to keep our sales force intact and send them out as one strong team. This strategy allows us to expand our reach, depth and coverage throughout North America – particularly in key metro areas.

While gaining efficiencies with one network and one sales force, we will maintain our strategy of supporting both brands in the marketplace.

Under this new structure, Yellow and Roadway can drive profitable business by providing customers with unbeatable benefits:

· Easier access to comprehensive solutions, with the ability to efficiently bring more capabilities together

· Improved quality, reliability and speed

· Faster introduction of new solutions and services

· The peace of mind that comes from working with the industry leader.

What does this mean for me?

It’s completely understandable if this is your first question. Your management team is available to discuss any specific questions or concerns you have. Let me stress that we are not making any changes today. Our phased-in implementation starts today and runs throughout 2009. It’s our expectation that strengthening our company will create new opportunities for employee growth and advancement.

Right now, today, this means you can take pride in working for a company with the vision and integrity needed to remain focused on fulfilling promises, and the strategy and strength needed to seize opportunities. YRC Worldwide is the #1 most admired company in our industry for good reason, and that’s an honor we intend to keep.

As we move forward, we want your input and will keep you informed. In addition to talking with your management team, you can send questions and comments to me at (you know where).

Stay focused on the third quarter

Our public announcement today also includes an update on expectations for our third quarter performance. The softening economy has affected our volume and pricing levels. It’s a two-sided coin: The resulting capacity makes now the right time to bring Yellow and Roadway together in one company. However, given the weakness in the economy and the increased investment required to position us for this move, we have adjusted our guidance expectations for third quarter earnings from core operations to be a slight loss.

As we move into the final weeks of the third quarter, our focus is squarely on execution and delivering flawless performance, every single day. When the economy does recover, we will be even better positioned to enjoy dramatic improvement in our performance.

Today’s announcement is an exciting next step in the journey that started in 2003 when Yellow and Roadway became part of the same corporate family. I know we have the team – and the strategy – to continue building on our history of strength and leadership.

As always, I appreciate your efforts to ensure our future success.

Bill Zollars

Chairman, President and CEO

YRC Worldwide

That's a different link than the earlier one that said Sales. No I see where you're getting the merger thing.

This merger should not be of surprise to anyone! I heard that it was commented on the conference call this AM that this was in the works for 5 years. Now will be to see what happens to USF and New Penn. Those newer USF tractors would easily fit into the Yellow-Roadway system.

The bigger question is: will Yellow/Roadway survive even after it is integrated?

What does this mean for me? No job!!!! You will probably have to have 15 years of union senority to get steady work when all is done. What kind of financial wizard buys a company,for big money, shrinks the market share of both, then combines the remains? This company is only a fraction of the once great company that I started with!!!

It sounds to me like they will have partial mergers in certain areas. This link says that the next velocity change will be part of the combined company.
I noted that the last changes overlaped velocity cities to a major degree.
Will they be able to feed freight to a certain region using both Yellow and Roadway buy the way of meet turns to the part of the country where the companies have merged. Just thinking out loud.

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/71/711/71156/items/306875/Wachovia_090808.pdf

More freight

What does this mean for me? No job!!!! You will probably have to have 15 years of union senority to get steady work when all is done. What kind of financial wizard buys a company,for big money, shrinks the market share of both, then combines the remains? This company is only a fraction of the once great company that I started with!!!

OH! I know they can merge ROADWAY and YELLOW and shutdown USF , NEW PENN and you guys will have plenty of freight.

WAIT A MINUTE I'M USF!!:duh::hissyfit:

More Bad News!

I got a call that someone heard Dollar Bill on Bloomberg News say that YRCW will be closing 200 terminals! This announcement today is not good in ANY way!:chairshot:

why is everyone so suprised?.......back when they signed jim furick, and payed him 6 millions dollars to play golf to represent yrcw on his hat this was the announcement.........only question that should be answered is how is the senority going to pan out.?......i bellieve we should all be put into one hat and let senority roll on........good luck my brothers.......we shall see...:hide:

I got a call that someone heard Dollar Bill on Bloomberg News say that YRCW will be closing 200 terminals! This announcement today is not good in ANY way!:chairshot:

In every city there is a Yellow Terminal, and a Roadway Terminal. If they combine them, there isn't room for more nor will they need than 3/5's to 2/3's of us, especially since now there won't be a need for a truck from each company running to a customer to pick up 3 skids for each company......of course, listen to me-- I'm in the bottom 1/4.......:nutkick: