Yellow | Merging

This merger should not be of surprise to anyone! I heard that it was commented on the conference call this AM that this was in the works for 5 years. Now will be to see what happens to USF and New Penn. Those newer USF tractors would easily fit into the Yellow-Roadway system.

The bigger question is: will Yellow/Roadway survive even after it is integrated?
it's probable that holland and new penn will be spun off and sold....and yes, yrc will survive this integration, but alot of us WON'T......

it's probable that holland and new penn will be spun off and sold....and yes, yrc will survive this integration, but alot of us WON'T......

That would be the best thing for usf and new penn so in the spirit of yrc that most likely won't happen but we can hope they would set us free once again.

The company's expectations regarding its operating income improvement due to the integration of Yellow Transportation and Roadway and the timing of achieving that improvement could differ materially from those projected in such forward-looking statements based on a number of factors, including (among others) the factors identified in the immediately preceding paragraph, the ability to identify and implement cost reductions in the time frame needed to achieve these expectations, the success of the company's operating plans, the need to spend additional capital to implement cost reduction opportunities, including (without limitation) to terminate, amend or renegotiate prior contractual commitments, the accuracy of the company's estimates of its spending requirements, the occurrence of any unanticipated acquisition opportunities, changes in the company's strategic direction and the need to replace any unanticipated losses in capital assets

Does this mean another nmfa?

The company's expectations regarding its operating income improvement due to the integration of Yellow Transportation and Roadway and the timing of achieving that improvement could differ materially from those projected in such forward-looking statements based on a number of factors, including (among others) the factors identified in the immediately preceding paragraph, the ability to identify and implement cost reductions in the time frame needed to achieve these expectations, the success of the company's operating plans, the need to spend additional capital to implement cost reduction opportunities, including (without limitation) to terminate, amend or renegotiate prior contractual commitments, the accuracy of the company's estimates of its spending requirements, the occurrence of any unanticipated acquisition opportunities, changes in the company's strategic direction and the need to replace any unanticipated losses in capital assets

Another "NMFA"??? It seems to me that their is now only Yellow/Roadway and ABF. The name National Master Freight Agreement is starting to lose it's meaning. I just hope and pray that the IBT would start to think real hard on all this. Get their heads out of the sand.:nutkick:

My two cents worth on this merger announcement. If you look at history in this type of situation they have went both ways on the question of dove tail versus end tail for example ABF/NAVAJO end tail ABF/CAROLINA dove tail both done under the same language in the NMFA. The change committee decides what happens with seniority after they hear from all sides and locals. Point is we have no guarantee on how it will go hope your local those right thing and argues dove tail. Our Pres. and agent have told us they would and will argue dove tail. I personally was glad to hear that. Bottom line is you all best hope that you have some one that knows what they are doing when they finally have the coo to put these together. In our local we have an advantage as both Virtue & Ramos dealt with the ABF/CAROLINA merger so they have the experience to handle this very important task. Good luck to all of us.

I agree jimmy its non union....management,office ...it's gonna make some nervous, regarding dovetailing ,they passed their 1 yr window period from time of acquisition.

Not to add fuel to the fire but here over in portland oregon, we have had layoffs for two consecutive years in a row. Last year there we're senior men without cdls that were laid off before jr men with cdls. when this merger takes place, is this going to be implemented nationally?

toby.

the endtail/dovetail language changed with the ratificatioin of the '94 contract.

the reason there was that huge stink between carolina and abf was nobody on the local levels had the new language unless they saved the ballot fliers (abf bought carolina right after the strike and didn't realize the language had changed themselves so when they endtailed the carolina guys OOPS).

right now until the new books come out, the only valid copy of the contract is the old book and the ballot fliers combined.

if you aint got that you aint up to date.

read articles 3, 5, and 8 and study them hard cuz the guy who is informed aint scared of the breakroom b/s that will be filling breakrooms for the next 16 months

Jr. is on the job

Another "NMFA"??? It seems to me that their is now only Yellow/Roadway and ABF. The name National Master Freight Agreement is starting to lose it's meaning. I just hope and pray that the IBT would start to think real hard on all this. Get their heads out of the sand.:nutkick:

Get there heads out of there ***? You kidding they sold the farm with the UPS buy out. Then they pushed this contract like no other.. Brothers the end is near!

Get there heads out of there ***? You kidding they sold the farm with the UPS buy out. Then they pushed this contract like no other.. Brothers the end is near!

I am not kidding. I am saying what you are saying. The end is in view. If they don't get their heads out of the sand or anus orafice real soon, they will lose their jobs as well. Trucking maybe the largest part of expenditures per member for the IBT, (for those that do not know that) but if they don't get it in gear they will not have us or the die hard Teamster. All they will have is all those other members that do not participate or get involved at all (sheep Teamsters). That will usher in the end of the Teamsters like it did the I.C.M.of A.

(International Candlestick Makers of America for those that do not no):biglaugh:

I am not kidding. I am saying what you are saying. The end is in view. If they don't get their heads out of the sand or anus orafice real soon, they will lose their jobs as well. Trucking maybe the largest part of expenditures per member for the IBT, (for those that do not know that) but if they don't get it in gear they will not have us or the die hard Teamster. All they will have is all those other members that do not participate or get involved at all (sheep Teamsters). That will usher in the end of the Teamsters like it did the I.C.M.of A.

(International Candlestick Makers of America for those that do not no):biglaugh:

Most B.A.'s are pulling down 6 figures and double pensions in excess of 6k a month when they go.....I dont think they really care, their money is set. Union leaders are another story...mid 6 figure salerys for a few years would set me up pretty nice, plus that double pension thing again. Go Teamsters:hide:

we all knew it....

We all knew it was going to happen.... it was a matter of time...We all heard the news yesterday and everyone is saying this and that.....but if you think about it..... there isnt really anything we can do.....but wait and see...if your with yellow(which I am) you want to see a endtail but if your with roadway you want to see a dovetail.... in this world of today, it would be nice to see all of us just keep working and finish are time.....there isnt many union companies left so we can finish are time if something happens.....god bless!

Here is the company memo circulating at Roadway this morning:

To: All YRC Worldwide employees

This morning, we’re announcing plans to accelerate our integration strategy by bringing Yellow and Roadway together in one company, Yellow Roadway. While this process will continue through 2009, I want to make sure you understand now what we’re doing, why it’s a huge step forward, and what it means for you, our customers and our company.

We’re better together

The economy is challenging, and competition in our industry is intense. By uniting our two largest subsidiaries in one company, we can create the most comprehensive network and service portfolio available – we will better serve our customers and gain a powerful competitive advantage in the marketplace. While the action directly involves Yellow and Roadway, it reinforces the collective strength of YRC Worldwide: We’re better together.

We’ve seen proof of this with the Enterprise Solutions Group and our YRC Corporate Sales team. Now, we’re ready for the next step. Moving the Yellow and Roadway network and operations into one allows us to create a simple network with reduced handling and greater density; our combined volume will allow us to design network capabilities that will be unmatched in the market.

To effectively promote those capabilities, we plan to keep our sales force intact and send them out as one strong team. This strategy allows us to expand our reach, depth and coverage throughout North America – particularly in key metro areas.

While gaining efficiencies with one network and one sales force, we will maintain our strategy of supporting both brands in the marketplace.

Under this new structure, Yellow and Roadway can drive profitable business by providing customers with unbeatable benefits:

· Easier access to comprehensive solutions, with the ability to efficiently bring more capabilities together

· Improved quality, reliability and speed

· Faster introduction of new solutions and services

· The peace of mind that comes from working with the industry leader.

What does this mean for me?

It’s completely understandable if this is your first question. Your management team is available to discuss any specific questions or concerns you have. Let me stress that we are not making any changes today. Our phased-in implementation starts today and runs throughout 2009. It’s our expectation that strengthening our company will create new opportunities for employee growth and advancement.

Right now, today, this means you can take pride in working for a company with the vision and integrity needed to remain focused on fulfilling promises, and the strategy and strength needed to seize opportunities. YRC Worldwide is the #1 most admired company in our industry for good reason, and that’s an honor we intend to keep.

As we move forward, we want your input and will keep you informed. In addition to talking with your management team, you can send questions and comments to me at (you know where).

Stay focused on the third quarter

Our public announcement today also includes an update on expectations for our third quarter performance. The softening economy has affected our volume and pricing levels. It’s a two-sided coin: The resulting capacity makes now the right time to bring Yellow and Roadway together in one company. However, given the weakness in the economy and the increased investment required to position us for this move, we have adjusted our guidance expectations for third quarter earnings from core operations to be a slight loss.

As we move into the final weeks of the third quarter, our focus is squarely on execution and delivering flawless performance, every single day. When the economy does recover, we will be even better positioned to enjoy dramatic improvement in our performance.

Today’s announcement is an exciting next step in the journey that started in 2003 when Yellow and Roadway became part of the same corporate family. I know we have the team – and the strategy – to continue building on our history of strength and leadership.

As always, I appreciate your efforts to ensure our future success.

Bill Zollars

Chairman, President and CEO and could care less about you scumbags, I'm rich.

YRC Worldwide

After reading all this, I'm thinking I need to wipe my *** better, cause something stinks.

Most B.A.'s are pulling down 6 figures and double pensions in excess of 6k a month when they go.....I dont think they really care, their money is set. Union leaders are another story...mid 6 figure salerys for a few years would set me up pretty nice, plus that double pension thing again. Go Teamsters:hide:
How do you define a "Union Leader" and a "B.A."??? Do you have any salaries to match with these people? Just thinking here. My B.A.'s do not make that kind of money. Hope to hear from you soon!

Very true. This should not be a surprise to anyone. We can only hope we are positioned well enough to keep our job and survive the transition.

We all knew it was going to happen.... it was a matter of time...We all heard the news yesterday and everyone is saying this and that.....but if you think about it..... there isnt really anything we can do.....but wait and see...if your with yellow(which I am) you want to see a endtail but if your with roadway you want to see a dovetail.... in this world of today, it would be nice to see all of us just keep working and finish are time.....there isnt many union companies left so we can finish are time if something happens.....god bless!

if your with yellow(which I am) you want to see a endtail but if your with roadway you want to see a dovetail....!

Naw; I'm at the bottom of Yellow-- I can't even fathom a scenario of end-tailing. It's gotta be dovetail. Gotta be. Don't even know how this one ever started....

My two cents worth on this merger announcement. If you look at history in this type of situation they have went both ways on the question of dove tail versus end tail for example ABF/NAVAJO end tail ABF/CAROLINA dove tail both done under the same language in the NMFA. The change committee decides what happens with seniority after they hear from all sides and locals. Point is we have no guarantee on how it will go hope your local those right thing and argues dove tail. Our Pres. and agent have told us they would and will argue dove tail. I personally was glad to hear that. Bottom line is you all best hope that you have some one that knows what they are doing when they finally have the coo to put these together. In our local we have an advantage as both Virtue & Ramos dealt with the ABF/CAROLINA merger so they have the experience to handle this very important task. Good luck to all of us.

This is how it will and should be handled (sorry)
http://pacer.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinion.pdf/981022.U.pdf

I think this standard statement that is at the end of all their press releases pertains to capital contracts not the NMFA. I could be wrong and as far as being surprised about the merger the only thing that suprises me is that it didn't occur sooner.