XPO | Monday Video

Boomerang9034

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone else read between the lines about the comments made in the video about Old Dominion and the time and one half after 60 hours?? Hope next weeks show won't hit us with some kind of new changes.

careful when you bendover hear at con-way

:eck13:At least we have time to pick up some KY befor next weeks video.:eck13:

They would never take away our OT.....NEVER!

They just don't have it in thier heart.

:gathering: Me thinks its time to look for some sort of "protection" in the form of the dreaded "UNION".
I don't like to talk that way, but the arrogance and greed at the "palace" has gotten totaly out of hand. They have taken a very good company and systematicly destroyed it bit by bit. If we don't stop them somehow, they will just keep stealing and stealing from us until there is no more to steal.
Its time we stood up to the GREED and put them in their place. I am certain that if those who bought a lot of stock recently were to see just how badly this company was really being run, rather than the bullsh-t they are being fed there is a chance, a small one I will admit, that the next stockholders meeting might be the last for "Johnnie Jump Up and Duffus Douggie". Come on people lets stand up for ourselves, our families and our jobs !!!:mfight:

i hope that you guys in the north have began to understand what we in the south have been talking about. If is true, and i'm not saying that it is or it's not, you could loose something that we in the south never had, and that was over 8/40 overtime pay....maybe it's time for protection, for us all. Remember we are all on the same "team"

:gathering: Me thinks its time to look for some sort of "protection" in the form of the dreaded "UNION".
I don't like to talk that way, but the arrogance and greed at the "palace" has gotten totaly out of hand. They have taken a very good company and systematicly destroyed it bit by bit. If we don't stop them somehow, they will just keep stealing and stealing from us until there is no more to steal.
Its time we stood up to the GREED and put them in their place. I am certain that if those who bought a lot of stock recently were to see just how badly this company was really being run, rather than the bullsh-t they are being fed there is a chance, a small one I will admit, that the next stockholders meeting might be the last for "Johnnie Jump Up and Duffus Douggie". Come on people lets stand up for ourselves, our families and our jobs !!!:mfight:

I don't see why not. The Fed Ex workers in Ontario, Canada just did it. It is on the (YRC forum) about the Fed Ex workers of what just took place today.

I am not going to get too excited about the whole thing until I see what the man comes up with...

Undoubtedly it is going to be something...what that something is (like all things Con-Way remains to be seen) and we have absolutely no idea what it is until they tell us.

Everyone that I have talked to who has seen the video are all from FACs...has anyone from a non FAC seen the video???...

As far as taking away the overtime....that is all up in the air at this point. Even the slightest adjustment will cause the uproar from hell. I would like to think these people are not that stupid...but they have done dumber things.

Comparing us to OD is apples to oranges. If you are going to compare us to anyone then it would be FedEx, UPS, or YRC.

The only reason we are being compared to OD is the fact they made more money than we did...something in the neighborhood of 9 million as opposed to our paltry 1+ million. plus they ran in the area of a 94% OR...compared to our 99%...

Here is an idea Johnny my boy...you wanna make money...dump the sports sponsorships...we seemingly don't have the funds so get outta the game...pun intended.

You wanna make money...then reign in these idiots in the LH dept...this is so far out of hand its ridiculous.

And this how you make REAL money...allow the people you put on the street to do their jobs....enough with the micro-management...enough with the under-the-thumb dispatching constantly being required to explain ourselves...enough with the all out effort to penalize someone for small insignificant happenings as they go about their daily duties...stop playing God (your not even close) you have a highly qualified skilled workforce...learn to use them...not abuse them...

Rat

I am not going to get too excited about the whole thing until I see what the man comes up with...

Undoubtedly it is going to be something...what that something is (like all things Con-Way remains to be seen) and we have absolutely no idea what it is until they tell us.

Everyone that I have talked to who has seen the video are all from FACs...has anyone from a non FAC seen the video???...

As far as taking away the overtime....that is all up in the air at this point. Even the slightest adjustment will cause the uproar from hell. I would like to think these people are not that stupid...but they have done dumber things.

Comparing us to OD is apples to oranges. If you are going to compare us to anyone then it would be FedEx, UPS, or YRC.

The only reason we are being compared to OD is the fact they made more money than we did...something in the neighborhood of 9 million as opposed to our paltry 1+ million. plus they ran in the area of a 94% OR...compared to our 99%...

Here is an idea Johnny my boy...you wanna make money...dump the sports sponsorships...we seemingly don't have the funds so get outta the game...pun intended.

You wanna make money...then reign in these idiots in the LH dept...this is so far out of hand its ridiculous.

And this how you make REAL money...allow the people you put on the street to do their jobs....enough with the micro-management...enough with the under-the-thumb dispatching constantly being required to explain ourselves...enough with the all out effort to penalize someone for small insignificant happenings as they go about their daily duties...stop playing God (your not even close) you have a highly qualified skilled workforce...learn to use them...not abuse them...

Rat

Spot on yet again Rat...

You do realize that you are talking about something that hasn't happened and is just a rumor created by people who watched the video right?

Hell, where have you been? Thats how rumors get started. Con-Way opens their mouth and we run with it. Picture perfect my lad.

If anyone read my post this is some of the stuff I refer to. We need to start standing up and telling them no.

You have been here three months and listen to you. Where did you work previously? Where ever it was, I can see why you aren't there anymore. Like I said on the other post, you have only been here three months and you have the nerve to stand up and shout like you are? You don't know squat about the company. Yes, we have problems but we don't need a cancer like you running rampid through our company.

I agree with you guys. Have not been on for a while but every time J L talks we get screwed. We make a profit and it is not good enough the pigs want more. They have taken to much now. They compare us to what trucking company they want. They are spending like politicians on lean 6 sigma Nascar that we don't want. They fudge the numbers to make it look like they want and we just bought Cfi. They need to wake up and quit taking from us.