XPO | Monday Video

Not to be a smart a s s, but if you love the union so much, why are you working here?......well that is if you are working here.
Maybe he likes his job, and that it is worth fighting for. People do have the right to make things better for themselves, and not letting others put anyone else down in the process. It is a possibility that he is just venting out his frustrations. Totally normal.

So what are you saying?
I work with several employees who have the TM on speed dial and report every minor infraction they see. This is why, for better or worse, the u will never become a reality. A happy, productive employee is in no way an automatic :butt kiss::
I regret if I implied as much.

Maybe he likes his job, and that it is worth fighting for. People do have the right to make things better for themselves, and not letting others put anyone else down in the process. It is a possibility that he is just venting out his frustrations. Totally normal.

:chairshot:

I am not smoking anything, sir. People would be surprised what they can learn when getting a Certificate in Supply Chain Management. It is going to happen very soon. I just hope people are prepared and not caught off guard.

Well if you are not smoking anything, maybe you should. Are you off your medications again?

"People would be surprised what they can learn when getting a Certificate in Supply Chain Management."

We are all proud of you for almost getting your certificate. Now, if we have any supply chain management questions, we will be sure to call someone else.

I am not a professional but you should look into meds for ADD. So far your posts have been inconsistent and all over the place.

Congratulations on your almost certificate in supply chain management. Now maybe you should put the computer down and go back to studying so you get your certificate.

I work with several employees who have the TM on speed dial and report every minor infraction they see. This is why, for better or worse, the u will never become a reality. A happy, productive employee is in no way an automatic :butt kiss::
I regret if I implied as much.

Well you are always going to have those kind of employees around. Probably three classes. 1. suckups with the tm on speed dial. 2. those who want to do a good job and collect their paycheck. 3. those who try to collect as much money for doing as little as possible. These are here and every other company. Those select few that have the tm on speed dial is not going to affect the population as a whole. If the U is coming, it is coming. But, if the majority are happy with what they have, the U doesn't have a chance. So you have to ask yourself if you are thinking about the U. Do I really have it bad here? Worse than those guys at YRC? CF? Milne? and so on?

I am not smoking anything, sir. People would be surprised what they can learn when getting a Certificate in Supply Chain Management. It is going to happen very soon. I just hope people are prepared and not caught off guard.

Oh also, just to quote someone I admire (dodge ram), WHATEVER.:waycool:

Well you are always going to have those kind of employees around. Probably three classes. 1. suckups with the tm on speed dial. 2. those who want to do a good job and collect their paycheck. 3. those who try to collect as much money for doing as little as possible. These are here and every other company. Those select few that have the tm on speed dial is not going to affect the population as a whole. If the U is coming, it is coming. But, if the majority are happy with what they have, the U doesn't have a chance. So you have to ask yourself if you are thinking about the U. Do I really have it bad here? Worse than those guys at YRC? CF? Milne? and so on?

I am not too convinced Con-Way would or could survive the advent of a union contract....

A contract suggests/demands mutual work rules...

Each side having to respect the rules and/or policies of the other...and hopefully find common ground to harmoniously co-exist.

This doesn't seem to be in the company game plan...

It would be a completely different genre from the status quo.

The assinine practice of constantly looking for ways to penalize employees may not disappear..but would have to answered for and justified.

The practice of generally changing work rules and policies to suit the situation would be passe'

In other words this company would have to be accountable for its actions and answerable for its decisons...

Something they are definitely not used to and may not survive.

Disclaimer: I have in the past been a union steward and contract negiotator. I doubt the company could survive it given its current leadership and attitudes towards the people that work here.

Rat

I am not too convinced Con-Way would or could survive the advent of a union contract....

A contract suggests/demands mutual work rules...

Each side having to respect the rules and/or policies of the other...and hopefully find common ground to harmoniously co-exist.

This doesn't seem to be in the company game plan...

It would be a completely different genre from the status quo.

The assinine practice of constantly looking for ways to penalize employees may not disappear..but would have to answered for and justified.

The practice of generally changing work rules and policies to suit the situation would be passe'

In other words this company would have to be accountable for its actions and answerable for its decisons...

Something they are definitely not used to and may not survive.

Disclaimer: I have in the past been a union steward and contract negiotator. I doubt the company could survive it given its current leadership and attitudes towards the people that work here.

Rat
I'm all about survival of the company, just as is stated by all of the videos; If the IBT came calling don't think that the company would just close the doors..remember, it's all about the stock holders and the money they make.
If the company started to fail, then the BOD would have the current management replaced. Remember, it's a bout the survival of the company...no stock holder wants to lose millions of dollars just because the current management doesn't like something..
I believe in supply and demand and whatever the market dictates....the market wouldn't necessarily be opposed to this (not at this point in time)

I'm all about survival of the company, just as is stated by all of the videos; If the IBT came calling don't think that the company would just close the doors..remember, it's all about the stock holders and the money they make.
If the company started to fail, then the BOD would have the current management replaced. Remember, it's a bout the survival of the company...no stock holder wants to lose millions of dollars just because the current management doesn't like something..
I believe in supply and demand and whatever the market dictates....the market wouldn't necessarily be opposed to this (not at this point in time)

Agreed...it is about survival...

And they most likely would change leadership...

But the question remains...would it be enough?...and this is where I have my doubts given the current morale environment of this company...

Rat

You have been here three months and listen to you. Where did you work previously? Where ever it was, I can see why you aren't there anymore. Like I said on the other post, you have only been here three months and you have the nerve to stand up and shout like you are? You don't know squat about the company. Yes, we have problems but we don't need a cancer like you running rampid through our company.

easy bigfoot.... he has only been here 3 months, but i suspect he has adapted the negative attitude from some of our own veterans who have been here alot longer. I had this discussion with many... we hire new guys, and some of the guys whove been here for a while put the company under a bad light and so the new guys get this whole rotten attitude that reflects in their work. and it's a vicious cycle.
"dont let them f*** you like that."
"you get paid the same, why work harder"
"if you show them you can do it they will make you do it everyday"
"listen, this is how you...(shows a way to cheat the system)."
"that's illegal you dont have to do it." (with unfounded evidence, pure speculation, no proof)

i've heard stuff like this being said to new guys, and i wonder what these guys are thinking. There's guys saying they work too damn much when half the country is looking for a job.

sorry for the long rant,maybe im out of context. I did not read the "other" post you speak of.