XPO | Monday Video

that is great news, if it is true, but still what does that do for those of us in the south, squat, we are still at over 50 hour o/t, sounds real fair, but fair is not one of this companies strong points.............

no ot over 50, now is that city P&D or is there more to this?

that is great news, if it is true, but still what does that do for those of us in the south, squat, we are still at over 50 hour o/t, sounds real fair, but fair is not one of this companies strong points.............
I have heard the south is at 50 before o/t.What else does the southern areas do different?Like dont you also get more than 8 hrs.for days off and more than 40 hrs for vaction weeks?Just curious to see what the diff. is between the areas.

no ot over 50, now is that city P&D or is there more to this?
Overtime in the Old South is paid only after the 50th hour worked...it's no secret, I thought everybody knew that.
And to answer another question, we get compensation that's equal to 9 hrs for vacation days. I say equal, because your not going to see the 9 hours on your check. It'll be an average of your total number of vacation days (based on service time) and the old PTO days (5) which are paid at 8 hours. Also to add more confusion...when you take a day off or week of vacation, it's paid at 8 hours/day at a higher rate...to compensate for the difference of 9 hours vacation as opposed to 8 hours vaction.. make sense? Didn't think so lol

perhaps in the state of confusion the white shirts are thinking that the less we know the fewer questions we will ask and the less lies they will have to tell us.
They only lie because they are so inexperienced. Of the 3 FOM's & 7 or 8 FOS's at my barn, only 2 of the FOS's have ever actually possible driven and/or worked the dock for any length of time. None of them have moved up "through the ranks". Of the 10 or 11 "Bosses?" only 3 have been with us for more than 5 years.

They only lie because they are so inexperienced. Of the 3 FOM's & 7 or 8 FOS's at my barn, only 2 of the FOS's have ever actually possible driven and/or worked the dock for any length of time. None of them have moved up "through the ranks". Of the 10 or 11 "Bosses?" only 3 have been with us for more than 5 years.

i yi yi yi yi

For your info I am laid off from a Union carrier that this place can't even compare too. The only reason why this place even exist is because of the greed at CF and the attempt to break the unions. So keep buying into the propaganda that the white shirts keep feeding you. Like I said before YOU are the type of worker that I was ranting about. And YOU are the type of worker that this company and OD love to have on their team. I am just trying to wake people up about what's going on here. And what's with the name calling I didn't call you a cancer to the working man did I? I did see you said OUR company, that tells me everything. This company is not yours or mine, they need US more than you think. Stand up for your brothers for a change instead of beating them to the clock. Take a lunch and break instead of running straight through, my god man I don't think you get it. For every driver that goes beyond what is expected then it becomes expected by every driver. This is a career not a job and too many of us at con-way are just worried about a pay check and not a quality of life.

Laid off union driver working for a non-union company. Wow, isn't that like saying do as I say and don't do as I do? I guess getting laid off by a union carrier sucks but you will join us in the non-union company to feed yourself. You can't have it both ways. Either stand up for your union and don't work non-union or make the transition over here and enjoy your job.

Saying that you are a cancer is not calling you a name. You are and infection that tears down moral. If the union is so great, why are you laid off? If the union is so great, why are you working here? Please, enjoy your job and if you can't leave. Don't infect your fellow workers with your poison. These people have jobs and are for the most part happy. No job is perfect.

We can take breaks and lunches. If you choose not to that is your priority. Me, I don't like to take a break or a lunch because I want to get my job over with and get home. Don't run around telling people to take breaks and lunches. They get the right to take them just like you do and if they choose not to, that's their choice just like it is your choice to take one.

Funny you should talk about greed. Go look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have given a good days work for a good days pay, everyday.

I will give some credit where credit is due. That is well written and edited statement. However, that would be a good story to tell a rookie at Con-way, or someone who doesn't know any better. Embarrass myself? Now what is embarrassing that wasn't mentioned, is the top corperate heads wanted to receive more of the $/earnings to be put into their pocket. At the same time they wanted to lower the employee's cost of living standards, worker's rights, and insurance benefits. Now just a few days ago the Fed Ex administrative people just accomplished something that surprised a lot of people. It was for reasons that I had just mentioned, and other reasons that may be happening in other companies soon too.

IMO, for example. At Con-way they may want to install more video cameras throughout the dock, yard, and in trucks. Unless of course drivers from Fed Ex or Conway for that matter, don't mind if their future management gives out orders/dispatches from people that live in India. That is one small part of global logistics that isn't or won't be mentioned for a while yet.

Just think for a second. The next time a person gets written up, receives a suspension, or a firing can come from someone living in India. Drivers would be driving down the highway and a screen would turn on the GPS screen. It would be a guy from India, the new Con-way Management, asking where his freight is at. Now that would work out real well with everyone, now wouldn't it? The real challenge is, it would be a lot harder for the drivers to :butt kiss:, unless their tongue can stretch more than 10,000 miles away.

However, it is not just manufacturing and labor jobs that are going overseas. It is also administration jobs that are here in the US and Canada. Global Logistics will be the new wave for cheap labor in the trucking industry. Spending more on technology, and less spending on labor. It is, what it is. IMO, I think it is another hidden and high-tech form of Deregulation to all American truck drivers, yet again. Speaking from a drivers point of view, when I was a truck driver. I hope that never happens to anyone, but it looks like it will be happening quicker and sooner than people think. Good luck to all. :USA:

Man, you are smoking some good stuff. :wtflol:

You are correct, but I didn't say conway was set up to drive cf out of business. I said it was set up out of greed and to move money around without teamster approval. $1 property sale come on think about it.

Yeah, I own a company and I have to check with "the teamsters" before I can make a business decision? You guys slay me.

That's not true teamsters would take anyone right now if they could. The problem is all these white shirts blaming the unions for everything. Instead of looking at YRC as an example look at UPS and ABF very successful companies. It is more about the management then the teamsters. Just look how much YRC employees are losing just to keep that job around.The teamsters are actually buying up stock so YRC can pay bills. Once that lifestyle comes our way no one here will want to give it up either. That's what makes unions strong. When there are more non-union companies out there then they tend to take more and more away as time goes on.

What? The teamsters are buying YRC stock so YRC can pay it's bills? What's wrong with that picture? Let me see, I am paying my money out to the company I may or may not work for so I can have a job. Hmm, sounds a little like somebody is sleeping with somebody and the YRC employees are going to get it in the end. And you want to come here to Conway and talk your smack about union? Does your brain hear what your mouth is saying?

Overtime in the Old South is paid only after the 50th hour worked...it's no secret, I thought everybody knew that.
And to answer another question, we get compensation that's equal to 9 hrs for vacation days. I say equal, because your not going to see the 9 hours on your check. It'll be an average of your total number of vacation days (based on service time) and the old PTO days (5) which are paid at 8 hours. Also to add more confusion...when you take a day off or week of vacation, it's paid at 8 hours/day at a higher rate...to compensate for the difference of 9 hours vacation as opposed to 8 hours vaction.. make sense? Didn't think so lol

Makes sense to somebody, it just has my head spinning.

I don’t necessarily like or dislike the U, just stating a fact.

I don't understand. You say the "U" won't come here because there are to many:butt kiss:. Are you saying that I guy that likes his job and is willing to work for the wage and conditions he has here, he is a :butt kiss:?
Because many are okay with their job without the "U" being here, doesn't mean they are :butt kiss:er's. I really don't know which is worse, the "U" or no "U"? Watching YRC makes me think having the "U" is worse.

From a very reliable source.A dsr got the number to call John L.Called and got voice mail,left a message.About 20 minutes later his phone rings.Its John L.returning his call.End result no change to 60 hrs for o.t.I know some people wont agree but kudos to John L.for personally returning the call.Most company upper level managment wouldnt.

:hide: I can believe John L. said that!

The REAL question is: Were his lips moving??????:bye1: