Yellow | Motels in TN

You know, when I was younger, I really would have meant that as a swipe at the rural south. Now that I have more "life experience" I have found folks who meet that description, and even exceed it, in all 50 states and even in Canada.
Amen to that, Brother... Just like the cockroach, they're everywhere...:1036316054:

You know, when I was younger, I really would have meant that as a swipe at the rural south. Now that I have more "life experience" I have found folks who meet that description, and even exceed it, in all 50 states and even in Canada.

White trash is white trash no matter where you are!......KK...:biglaugh:

Proposal: Add the following.

Lodgings must be of a type that is predominantly utilized by the traveling public.

Lodgings that are used as temporary or transitional housing for local residents receiving public assistance (welfare), going through substance abuse treatment, etc. will not be utilized.

Lodgings with a history, as obtained through the local police department, of complaints regarding prostitution, narcotics trafficking, solicitation, and other offenses against the public good will not be utilized. Hotel operators wishing to participate in lodging employees covered by this contract agree to cooperate in background checks with local, county and/or state police agencies as applicable.

Lodgings that have any evidence of insect and/or vermin infestation will not be used. If the primary location for lodgings as selected by the employer is found to have such infestation, employee will be given the option of going to an alternate location OF THEIR CHOOSING at the expense of the company, to include all transportation costs.

Nice proposal! Is there anything written in the contract to protect the hotel/motel owners from our brothers who are less prone to hygiene or manners? If not that could be a problem.

Nice proposal! Is there anything written in the contract to protect the hotel/motel owners from our brothers who are less prone to hygiene or manners? If not that could be a problem.
No. Our contract is written to protect us, not indemnify them. They simply reserve the right, by law, to refuse service and seek compensation for any damages incurred...

Headrush, for starters there has already been a litany of grienences file on both the hotels at NSH. The Days Inn which by the way is the primary lodging facility in NSH and the Hilltop Which is used as an over flow. You need to understand that The Hilltop has been Greived so much that it is a driver's choice hotel meaning that you do not have to stay there if you don't want to. You can opt to wait at the Days Inn in for an adiquate room, I use that terminology very loosely, Or you can walk over to the Holiday Inn Express and pay out of pocket and get re-embursed for the room when you get home. The HillTop is not a safe place to stay at all . Why some of the drivers stay there is beyond me. The problem at MEM is much of the same there have been multiple grievences filed to no avail. All we can do is keep trying. The Co. Contends that in both of these locations that it is difficult for them to find adequate lodging due to tourism. The hotel operators don't need Yellows money or want in many cases a bunch of drivers in their establiments for a variaty of reasons. BNut I agree something must be done.

Good luck trying to get paid for waiting time. I waited for a room at the Days rather than go to the Hilltop and NSH told me that since there was a room across the street they would not sign.

It's not that hard Night shadow, You just have to stick by your guns. They know that they owe you the time and they are trying to get away with not paying you. You are entitled to wait time under the articles of the contract and your particular barns work rules. The next time they deny it call your home terminal and notify themand when you get back try and get the time signed for there. If that doesnt't work file a green sheet and if that doesn't work grieve it. It may not be easy to get your money but you can get it. It also serves to make the the point that these motels are so bad that you will go to extreme lengths to get your just compensation. The worst thing you can do is roll over and let NSH get away with not paying you what you re entitiled to.

nsh ow's me 1`25 for wait time also,2 weeks ago would not sign for time,had to wait for rooms because nither motel had rooms.bossman in ran told me to file g/s.its just hard to understand why we have to put up with that hindu hilton seeing im posting this from the hampton inn up here in mtc!!

Motel Issues In Nashville

you are supposed to be sleeping not playing with your laptop

I don't sleep much anyway. At least not at the "fine" motels we use at Nashville. I do use my time taking pictures, and writing complaints, and yes calling the fire marshall, health department, and enviromental people for the city of Nashville, TN. To which, the response has been less than stellar. Due to local politics, the establishment is very slow to act. They have inspected the motels, and found a lot of things that did not meet the current codes, but all that the departments represented did was issue citations for the incorrect things, and told the motels to correct the problems. The motels make a show of fixing things, and the establishment pressure goes away. Neat! The motel owner bans drivers from staying there for retaliation purposes. The company backs them up in this practice, and then the Union makes the company pay the driver what they pay the motel. The driver is then responsible for finding his own lodging, and negotiating the price for his room. Also, the company will not provide transportation from the terminal/motel/terminal, because the driver is banned from the motel. It is one major cluster **** at Nashville. All this started for a couple of dollars less for the rooms than what was being paid. Complaint forms are filed every week on these Nashville motels, and it is an on going soap opera, but one without commercials, and background music. There is a laugh track, but the only ones laughing are the Company, and the motel owner at Nashville. Bonebreaker

nsh ow's me 1`25 for wait time also,2 weeks ago would not sign for time,had to wait for rooms because nither motel had rooms.bossman in ran told me to file g/s.its just hard to understand why we have to put up with that hindu hilton seeing im posting this from the hampton inn up here in mtc!!

oh... that was the good ole days.................

I stayed at the Airport Inn in Memphis. I got to the room, layed down in the bed and felt something funny on my chest. I had company. 2 fleas were jumping on me, with 2 others on the bedstand. i squished them, went to sleep. When I woke up, I told "Patel" he needed a flea bomb in the room. Of course, he didn't understand. After the 3rd try, I sang,"My rooms has fleas" to the tune of "My dog has fleas"! His eyes got wide and opened, and he made a dash to the room.

Aahh the good ole days....NOT =)