ABF | "Muler" Has Had Enough!

I'm heartbroken that I am hated. I wish our Union was in a better position to negotiate a good contract, and the company was willing to buy it, however, neither is the case no matter how mad anyone gets at me. I'm not so sure we'll even get another contract, and if we do it's not going to be a "winner takes all" panacea. ArcBest will lock the gates if the Union even suggests a strike vote. We'll vote till we get it right....that is the "new union" since 1994.
Yep, Judy's Boy...like he said.."stir the pot"

Time is so short, I think there will not be an agreement in time, and contract will be extended, with ongoing negotiations. I got a feeling that ABF will want to extend 1 year, and come to the table with YRC at the same time. Just my 2 cents on it..
Or.....something similar?

I don’t think she’s quite ready to dump the LTL side........just yet. Ain’t enough revenue produced in the remainder of ArcBest companies.

So it’s a bluff game. Either pay out big time, or close the doors on the most profitable part of ArcBest,.....and answer to the angry shareholders.

If she can bluff us out........again........she buys enough time to drain ABF into Panther and all the other subsidiaries.

If not...........” No Bonus For You!”

I don’t think she’s quite ready to dump the LTL side........just yet. Ain’t enough revenue produced in the remainder of ArcBest companies.

So it’s a bluff game. Either pay out big time, or close the doors on the most profitable part of ArcBest,.....and answer to the angry shareholders.

If she can bluff us out........again........she buys enough time to drain ABF into Panther and all the other subsidiaries.

If not...........” No Bonus For You!”
PAY A GOOD RATE OR LOCK THE GATE! Good truckers are in high demand...Like I said before, the ex Aye Bee Ffuh supervisor, now FedEx terminal manger (or whatever they call them, Service Center Manager, etc, would hire me in a minute...

I'm heartbroken that I am hated. I wish our Union was in a better position to negotiate a good contract, and the company was willing to buy it, however, neither is the case no matter how mad anyone gets at me. I'm not so sure we'll even get another contract, and if we do it's not going to be a "winner takes all" panacea. ArcBest will lock the gates if the Union even suggests a strike vote. We'll vote till we get it right....that is the "new union" since 1994.
It’s because of the weak minded like you that we get bad contracts. I’ve herd that this is our last contract 4 contracts ago. You losers that cry all the time are the problem. No one made you vote for bad contracts. It’s your fault!

It’s because of the weak minded like you that we get bad contracts. I’ve herd that this is our last contract 4 contracts ago. You losers that cry all the time are the problem. No one made you vote for bad contracts. It’s your fault!
I voted on what was negotiated, and then I voted again, and again...Now, when the Union strikes.....voting is over.....until they come to terms....or like in 1994....a federal arbitrator steps in and settles the deal. I'm telling you our Union won't strike ABF....too many officials are looking for a pension check, so ArcBest will write a contract that suits themselves and the Union serfs, labor be damned! Say it ain't so, Joe! I didn't fall of the turnip truck last night, although I was born in the country way down in lower Alabama

I voted on what was negotiated, and then I voted again, and again...Now, when the Union strikes.....voting is over.....until they come to terms....or like in 1994....a federal arbitrator steps in and settles the deal. I'm telling you our Union won't strike ABF....too many officials are looking for a pension check, so ArcBest will write a contract that suits themselves and the Union serfs, labor be damned! Say it ain't so, Joe! I didn't fall of the turnip truck last night, although I was born in the country way down in lower Alabama
The officials don’t have a say weather we strike or not there Forest Gump. We vote on a strike. Your not smart enough to know that though. As I said before. It’s your yes voting that brings bad contracts. You “well you might” don’t buy a car by taking the first offer and you don’t win good strong contracts by taking the first offer either.

The officials don’t have a say weather we strike or not there Forest Gump. We vote on a strike. Your not smart enough to know that though. As I said before. It’s your yes voting that brings bad contracts. You “well you might” don’t buy a car by taking the first offer and you don’t win good strong contracts by taking the first offer either.
Obviously you know everything about how this works....thanks for helping me understand. So....we can all vote "NO".....the Union will call a "strike", and ArcBest will roll over and play dead....duh, stupid me! In my experience, we "strike" ONLY when the IBT authorizes and calls for a "strike" vote. Voting No on a contract may get it back to the table for a tweak or two.

Last edited:
Wasn't Forest Gump from Alabama also? He and Turncoat might be kin folks?

Obviously you know everything about how this works....thanks for helping me understand. So....we can all vote "NO".....the Union will call a "strike", and ArcBest will roll over and play dead....duh, stupid me!
was it Forest Gump that said "stupid is as stupid does?" duh, Tuncoat...??

was it Forest Gump that said "stupid is as stupid does?" duh, Tuncoat...??
Gentlemen....what I'm saying is.....in the day....our Union would not bring a "give back-take back" to a vote, they would authorize a strike "while negotiating" if TMI tried to "take away" instead of "adding to" Even Forrest knows the Union and Comany are in bed together like Momma and the principal....oh well...them were the days. Now, I done with all the silly school boy name calling. I'll check back when there is some actual news to read

Gentlemen....what I'm saying is.....in the day....our Union would not bring a "give back-take back" to a vote, they would authorize a strike "while negotiating" if TMI tried to "take away" instead of "adding to" Even Forrest knows the Union and Comany are in bed together like Momma and the principal....oh well...them were the days. Now, I done with all the silly school boy name calling. I'll check back when there is some actual news to read
Come back when you grow a pair.

Now, I’m pro-Union,........but I have to admit he does make a point.

The last contract was marked by blatant indifference and complacency by our Union leadership. Here in W. Penna, we were very militant and ready to go on strike. Look at the vote totals. We were one of the areas that voted down the Supplement and prevented the contract from being implemented until we had a re-vote.

We got no help at all from the IBT. Our Local leaders recommended turning down the Supplement a second time to force a strike vote.

They did the same thing with the UPS contract.........until Hoffa himself intervened and changed the International bylaws on a stacked vote.......and jammed the contract down their throats.

If the power resides with the rank-and-file,.......not only do we have to be prepared to strike,....but we might have to be willing to buck our own Union leadership.........and wildcat strike.

Greenbow?