Yellow | My 2 cents worth (minus 15%) on why this should be voted down:

Those are legit questions everyone is asking themselves. I mailed in my ballot knowing the consequences of the result of the ultimatum. I am ok with whatever happens. No person health and happiness should ever be dependent on what the company he works for says or dictates. We work for a living, not live to work!

Those are legit questions everyone is asking themselves. I mailed in my ballot knowing the consequences of the result of the ultimatum. I am ok with whatever happens. No person health and happiness should ever be dependent on what the company he works for says or dictates. We work for a living, not live to work!

That is very true....and that also holds true for YRCF employees.... I hear a lot of them, most especially the "no voters" complain bitterly about The Management and a host of other "problems" that cause them to be unhappy.......To a very large degree we can "make" our work experience either a good experience or we can make it as bad as it can be.....Attitude is key!

And that will be true anywhere....those that wish to always see the negative will always be unhappy with their employers....and if they have to seek other employment if YRCF Closes.....they will be unhappy for a lot less than their unhappy for now.....

That is very true....and that also holds true for YRCF employees.... I hear a lot of them, most especially the "no voters" complain bitterly about The Management and a host of other "problems" that cause them to be unhappy.......To a very large degree we can "make" our work experience either a good experience or we can make it as bad as it can be.....Attitude is key!

And that will be true anywhere....those that wish to always see the negative will always be unhappy with their employers....and if they have to seek other employment if YRCF Closes.....they will be unhappy for a lot less than their unhappy for now.....

So explain how one works on a positive attitude at the workplace, when the workplace keeps taking away for us. Had they just told us that they need to extend the current MOU until 2019, because that is what they said the banks wanted, a long term agreement in place, then maybe( I'd still be a no), but to try to name it down our throat, that's unacceptable. :452:

So explain how one works on a positive attitude at the workplace, when the workplace keeps taking away for us. Had they just told us that they need to extend the current MOU until 2019, because that is what they said the banks wanted, a long term agreement in place, then maybe( I'd still be a no), but to try to name it down our throat, that's unacceptable. :452:

I understand the level of frustration.....It's natural in such situations....You can not change the things the Company management is doing.....Your frustration and or anger is not going to do anything to alleviate the issues your unhappy with...If you can recognize this as fact...that is a first step in the right direction...It is the first step at changing the way you deal with what has been going on.....that leads to an attitude change......You must realize that you can only control how you react to the situation that has been playing out......It's all about how you choose to feel about the circumstances.....something you can change....
To those of you that think that a majority "no" vote is your way of "getting back" at those that have the control..... your all wrong plain and simple......Those at the top of the YRCF "food chain" will not learn any lesson that you think they need to learn....none of them will suffer any financial struggles.....So a "no" vote out of spite and out of anger and frustration is not going to have the desired effect that you and those that think like you, obviously are hoping for...One that will "teach them a lesson" Or by potentially voting you and everyone else out of a decent job somehow translates to going out with "dignity" or your "heads held high"...is utter nonsense that does not have any actual value when the Union loses even more of it's strength and numbers...

Or you can choose to see that the situation is larger than just your unhappiness and frustration....there is more at stake than just you and your feelings.....When you choose to look past yourself and consider how others may be adversely impacted.... that will help you develop the attitude that can serve you in a much better and constructive way....and put you in a better frame of mind to help those around you.....negativity begets negativity..How does that help anyone? how does that help anyone make a logical decision? the answer is,simple..it doesn't...

No one can change how you deal with the situation or with how you choose to feel about it except you.....But I can tell you that making an important decision from a position of anger and frustration will most certainly lead to a wrong one.....that is just how life works......clear and calm, rational thinking is what is needed and I don't see that reflected in many of the "no voters" comments on here......

Had they just told us that they need to extend the current MOU until 2019, because that is what they said the banks wanted, a long term agreement in place, then maybe( I'd still be a no)

That is exactly what they have been telling us.....basically it's the lenders who have the control and YRCF is doing what they can to survive and that means complying with the conditions that the lenders set down.....If you think that the "workplace" is taking from you.....if this Company sinks....The Union members that voted "no" will be responsible for "taking" the rest of what was left away from everyone....How does that make this situation any better?

I can guarantee you that the Loss of YRCF will have a detrimental impact on the Union and it's ability to protect workers jobs or workers rights on the job at the remaining Teamster Companies.....How does that make the future any better? ...Yes I know you feel anger and frustrated...just as I do...just as everyone else......Choose to look past that and think about things with a clear mind....an attitude of whats best for the whole of the membership...not just yourself....

So explain how one works on a positive attitude at the workplace

That is a choice that you Choose to make... ...Remember that when you approach a problem from a position of anger and frustration or resentment....you already are at a disadvantage and are in a position of weakness....Not exactly the qualities that invite success...

I hope for a positive outcome for everyone, including the Union.....and to me that means keeping YRCF open....for as long as possible anyway...

Best of luck to everyone!

I know a place in our system.That these guys are 2/3 for this proposal.Little do these guys know at local745 and the 511 that is represented by 745.That they will turn 511 into something other than a breakbulk center.So you guys in local745 working at 511.You will lose your job on the dock and hostlers.End of line quickly when passed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

enough is enough....Im cutting off their bonuses..
NO now and No on 1/8/14!...KK

KK you are right... It is not going to stop till you all put a stop to it!!! How much more do the employees want to lose before they say enough... There comes a point this is just a game with the company's. THEY WILL PUSH IT AS FAR AS THEY CAN TILL THE MEMBERS STOP IT...

MANAGEMENT WILL KEEP MEETING THEIR GOALS FROM MEMBERS CONCESSIONS...NOT HAVING TO RUN A COMPANY AND JUST KEEP TAKING FROM IT'S OWN EMPLOYEES... ALL THE TIME GETTING THEIR BONUS'S AND STOCK OPTIONS, WHILE THEIR EMPLOYEES, TEAMSTER MEMBERS HAVE LOST THEIR PENSIONS, WAGES, POSSIBLE HEALTH COVERAGE, AND VACATION...IS IT A WAGE CONCESSION, GOD YES!!!

WITH YET ANOTHER YES VOTE, IS JUST ENCOURAGEMENT TO KEEP NOT DOING THEIR JOBS AND LIVING OFF THE EMPLOYEES LOSSES...

MLK said in the 60s: if your lot in life is to scrub floors- do it so you can stand before Jesus and report you were the best Floor Scrubber you could be...

There were times in the yardhorse I got all the assigned moves and others sat doing nothing. Instead of pouting- I told myself I was hired to work, not to only 'do my share.'. I did my moves one at a time to the best of my ability. When I was done that move I did the next. It wasn't 'doing other's work'- it was doing Work (period). I ignored the guys sitting and did what I was hired to do. It's tough to put on blinders, but if you work there- it's required. It got to be tough enough that I left because I wasn't gonna cry. Those are the choices. Stay and deal with it, stay and cry like a whiner- or leave. There are no other choices...

MLK said in the 60s: if your lot in life is to scrub floors- do it so you can stand before Jesus and report you were the best Floor Scrubber you could be...

There were times in the yardhorse I got all the assigned moves and others sat doing nothing. Instead of pouting- I told myself I was hired to work, not to only 'do my share.'. I did my moves one at a time to the best of my ability. When I was done that move I did the next. It wasn't 'doing other's work'- it was doing Work (period). I ignored the guys sitting and did what I was hired to do. It's tough to put on blinders, but if you work there- it's required. It got to be tough enough that I left because I wasn't gonna cry. Those are the choices. Stay and deal with it, stay and cry like a whiner- or leave. There are no other choices...

So......when the going got tough you quit? Lets see....that would make you a quitter. Quitters never win. So you are in a forum interacting with people you left behind spouting garbage and getting pats on the back from the little holier than thou crowd when what you should do is shout the **** up. You are nothing but a bitter quitter. You didn't have the balls to hang with it so you left, but you wish you were a man so you come to these boards to get some therapeutic Teamster bashing. Go away and look forward to the time you can stand before Jesus and tell him you were the best quitter YRC ever had.

So......when the going got tough you quit? Lets see....that would make you a quitter. Quitters never win. So you are in a forum interacting with people you left behind spouting garbage and getting pats on the back from the little holier than thou crowd when what you should do is shout the **** up. You are nothing but a bitter quitter. You didn't have the balls to hang with it so you left, but you wish you were a man so you come to these boards to get some therapeutic Teamster bashing. Go away and look forward to the time you can stand before Jesus and tell him you were the best quitter YRC ever had.
I guess doubleclutch's avatar has seen you. Because obviously most of your brain as well as ALL of your manners have been squeezed out.

WITH YET ANOTHER YES VOTE, IS JUST ENCOURAGEMENT TO KEEP NOT DOING THEIR JOBS AND LIVING OFF THE EMPLOYEES LOSSES...

Everyone acts like with another yes vote, they're paying YRC to work there. I still come out with a large positive return, far above the median income in this country. Can't be that bad.

I am so glad you believe that . Do you think as much of others that quit because they only got 3 days work a month or year, as was my case? How about papa who liked your post? He doesn't work here either. Perception is One's Reality. To you, I'm a quitter. To Others, I inspire. Ka Sir A- God Loves Me! If God is With Me- What can Man do to Me? :bouncy: perhaps you need to put me on your ignore list!!! :duh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ke sir a sir a, whatever will be, will be.

The Future's Not Ours to See

Ke Sir A, Sira A.....

If you put me on Ignore- I won't upset you... :biglaugh:

The head of CDO and another company told us that the company will not close if a no vote prevails.The lenders are wanting assurances that the labor will not strike in the next five years.Also the company would be accepting of the current status of concessions with a fiver.Dont get your panties in a wad over this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk