TForce | My supervisor says all supervision won't be Mr. nice guy anymore.

Apostolic said:
but I'm not dumb enough to know when to throw in the non-union towel.

I can see that just about everyone at my terminal wants to go with the union.
So if thats the case,they'll get a yes vote from me as well.

Who'd of thunk it?

Overnite could of stepped up the plate a long time ago to fix some small items, but they didn't so by their not buying us off with a little.

There handing us over to Teamster representation.

I'm sorry to say that once again they've proved themselves to be penny wise,and dollar foolish.
Probably true, but I guess thats why there's the teamsters. If they won't give it to you freely, we'll get for you(within Reason). Its not so much as a take take situation anymore. We are,slowly, a combination of corporations working together to better both our futures.

Hey serta I worked with an older guy he was a drunk..

He drank up a lot of his pay check,when he got drunk he bought rounds for everyone.
I went with him to the bar when he got paid to save some of his money when he wanted to start giving it away .

I would grab it, out of his hand,and take it to his wife at home.

He really went off on me at the bar,but always thanked me when I saw him on mondays.

Well anyway his guy was a really slow worker because the booze was catching up with him.

The company wrote him up because he wasn't making enough stops per hour.

Heres one time I was happy we had the union.

Our local union rep.told my TM as long as this guy was moving and attempting to do what he could that there wasn't anything the company could do to him.

The guy was his own worse enemy by his life style,but other than the way he lived he was ok in my book.

He died of cancer at a way to early age,while he was still working.

He left his wife,and kid short,only what came from union benefits.

Thats life we only have one chance to get it right.

Apostolic said:
He drank up a lot of his pay check,when he got drunk he bought rounds for everyone.
I went with him to the bar when he got paid to save some of his money when he wanted to start giving it away .

I would grab it, out of his hand,and take it to his wife at home.

He really went off on me at the bar,but always thanked me when I saw him on mondays.

Well anyway his guy was a really slow worker because the booze was catching up with him.

The company wrote him up because he wasn't making enough stops per hour.

Heres one time I was happy we had the union.

Our local union rep.told my TM as long as this guy was moving and attempting to do what he could that there wasn't anything the company could do to him.

The guy was his own worse enemy by his life style,but other than the way he lived he was ok in my book.

He died of cancer at a way to early age,while he was still working.

He left his wife,and kid short,only what came from union benefits.

Thats life we only have one chance to get it right.
Amen to that. Sometimes we are all selfish and think about ourselves. Human nature I think. Temptation would be better, and we subcome to it. I always strive to better my families life, and not nearly always succeed. I truely would be a hypocrite, if I said other wise. Not a religious person, believer mind you, but not and advid catholic. So I'm surprised I sain amen. But anyway, some people, can't find their way, or see the path. But as for what the union did for them, would the O have done more? Not sure that was the point of the quote, but I gotta say one thing, tragic things happen everyday. We at Roadway, tend to take care of each other, Tragedy hits, terminals pool together and donate to help the people who lost. We pool our resourses together and make sure the family of the lost brother get what they are deserved. I'm sure that its the same at some other places. But I'm willing to bet that, we as a brotherhood, do more.
Furthermore, as there is a notion out on the road that we are al brothers, and we are. I bet you, you see more teamsters waving to other themsters and non as well, as you would see any other. Religious? No. But something that brings man together can't be wrong in my mind. Just a thought. Either way, I'll keep on helping other men out there, union or not. Its the right thing to do, and maybe god will see my thoughts as true, even if I 'm not that devout.

Apostolic said:
The UPS C.E.O. rolls out the red carpet for the Teamsters to walk in.
Like to make a comment on this part of your post.

The Teamsters haven't exactly been given a red carpet. They still have to convince a majority of each terminal to sign on. What they did get was a promise from management not to interfere. Its as if mangement were to say, "If you guys want a union, it makes no difference to us." They are not saying that they support the idea of the company's workers going union, but they are not saying they're against it either.

Hey Apo :

I'm glad to see your the kind of guy who stands up for what he believes in !!! Not someone who is easily presuaded buy anyone else ...

1.jpg

I've desided to take Justice's advice.

Our local union office is going to hold an info., meeting for everyone interested in signing cards from my terminal.
I'll go to weed out all of their organizing thoughts.
If there is over 51% of my terminal that wants to sign cards after that meeting I won't stand in their way.
I will also sign a card.
All the bad blood I had with our local in my Teamster past,is just that in the past.

Like I've posted before.
Once even one second passes theres nothing anyone can do to get it back.

Since I've turned my life over to God,and am living a biblical life of peace with all humankind.

I'll be willing to dust off my union withdrawal card,and rejoin the union if most of my co-workers want to go that way.
Life is much to short to stay bitter about something that is past.
Its much better to do the best with the time your blessed to have at the moment.

After all every day is a gift thats why its called the present.

Apostolic said:
I asked him what he thought about us going union?
He said he wished we would stay non-union.
He got his start in a Teamster union company,and he liked working with us a lot better,because he could be more personable with the workers.

But he says now it will have to change.
The stuff that was human error that they looked the other way on will be write ups.

The company will make all management the enemy.

He did say I'd get my lunch break in,but that we'd also have time studies on our routes to see if we can pick up the pace,to get everything done allowing a half hour break.

I asked my co-worker thats been a Teamster promoter ever since he's worked with us,around 15 years.
If I should dust off my withdrawel card?

He said he thought I didn't want to have anything to do with the union again?

I said I didn't see that I had a choice?
He said get out,retire.

So here we go again,if we go union,I know where I stand already with a hung out to dry attitude from my local union rep.s.

Same old Teamsters union.

Thats ok though God has always taken good care of me even if we go union,I know who I can count on.
I agree 100%.:cool:

I know one of the posters on here is from my town..

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
He says go to the local union meeting with the rest of my interested co-workers at my terminal.
Ask questions weigh all the information by the Teamster rep.'s.
See what the rest of my co-workers want.
Than if 50% are going to sign cards,I'll also sign
I will be 51.

The last vote our terminal had was in 1987.
They lost by one vote.

I'd just hired on one year earlier.

I was very openly against organizing,coming from my bad expereance of not being represented over what I felt was a minor beef.
But it resulted in me not being able to get on the clock at another union company.

Even though others voted against the union I was targeted as being the leader.

The next day after the vote someone rigged my pick up truck,by putting a small slit in the rubber gas line near the carborator,causing a very fine mist of gas to spray on my exhaust manifold,when the fuel pump was pumping gas to the carb.

It was only by the hand of God that an on coming car at a red light noticed liquid dripping on the road under the front of my truck.
This good citizen alerted me to pull over.

So this time if a majority of my terminal really wants to be represented by the Teamsters I'm not standing in their way.

I've learned that whatever happens in my life,God will always see me through,this time,good,or bad he will be there for me as well.

I will pray as always that God will have mercy on anyone that lied,or tricked us into something that wasn't good for us,if it turns out that way.

Apostolic said:
The next day after the vote someone rigged my pick up truck,by putting a small slit in the rubber gas line near the carborator,causing a very fine mist of gas to spray on my exhaust manifold,when the fuel pump was pumping gas to the carb.

It was only by the hand of God that an on coming car at a red light noticed liquid dripping on the road under the front of my truck.
This good citizen alerted me to pull over.

And this of course had to be done by a Teamster:duh:

Well the odd thing was it was an older truck,and..

I had just replaced this line with a new one less that two months before this happened.

No to this day I have no idea who did this deed?

Funny that this happened the next day after the union lost their organizing vote at my terminal?

I can only say for sure that God and the culpert are the only ones that knows what took place.

I noised it around my town to all the drivers I knew.
Some said I was crazy.

But a few of my Teamster friends said they thought someone was sending me a message.

That if someone would take the chance at doing this,if whoever it was wanted me dead,I'd of been dead.

So now that I'm older,and hopefuly wiser.
I'm not going to go against the majority of my co-workers this time.

If being represented by the Teamsters is what they want so be it.

If being a Teamster isn't that good for UPS Freight than we'll have to decertify in two years.

Whatever happens we'll just have to live with it.

As far as whoever rigged my pick up I've forgave them ,its easy to forgive but its very hard to forget.

I'd much rather live in peace, than to hold a grudge.