Yellow | Name the trucking companies

Out of buisness

K-lines inc out of lake oswego oregon. It was the dominant union bulk hauler in the pacific northwest. Closed 1987.

My dad worked for these union carriers,Bell Lines(union)purchased by Smith Transfer back in the 60's and Reinhardt Transfer back in the late 70's early 80's

this is an ANTI -UNION THREAD.since deregulation hundreds of UNION COMPANIES HAVE GONE OUT OF BUSINESS.non union companies couldnt compete against union companies back then,NOW union companies cant compete against non -union companies.the guy who started this thread is well aware of this.the teamsters contolled every thing in the trucking buss before deregulation.CORRUPTION and GREED in the teamsters pre-deregultion brought are union to the weak state were in NOW.NOT HOFFA jr.IF everyone just does there job and most guys do, we will pull out of this and not get added to the list.the more guys who continue to stick it to the company are just making non union companies stronger.

Standard Trucking - Pittsburg Pa /Union
Onieda Transport /New Jersey/Union
Freedmans Express Wilksbare Pa /Union
P. Wajer and Sons Express Webster MA./ Union
Plymouth Rock Transport Stoughton Ma./Union
Carrano Express New haven Ct./Union
Conn. Fast Freight Northford Ct./ Union

here some more

quinn freight union
midwest freight union
smith union
transcon union
dehart motor union
sealand union
pacelli bros union
branch union
sanborn union
boss linco union
shuster union
transamerica union
ryder union

Freight Lines

ABF bought Youngblood, headquarters were North Carolina in 1971. Also Red Arrow was part of the WorldWay/Carolina acquisition. ABF also bought some operating rights from Great Lakes Express.
I didn't notice Ringsby listed or ET/WNC (East Tennessee/Western North Carolina) or Western Gillette. I will think of some more later.

Wooster, Burgmeyer. O'Donnels(not sure about the spelling-based in Maine I think) Old Colony, Spector, Graf, M&M, Lombard, Monahan, Quinn, Yale, Beacon Fast Freight. All based in Northeast. All union to the best of my knowledge.

Pen-Yan was not a subsidiary of consolidated freightways they were part of con-way. con-way shut them down because they were teamsters up the east coast. the men didn't vote in con-way non union work rule's. it in the book never stand still the history of cnf and Leland James.