ODFL | New BLU code

DMT

TB Veteran
Credits
can the BLU (new code) be any slower.it is near dial up speed.3-5 min everytime you inspect,change status ,login or out.anybody else having this issue?

Had to re-boot mine this evening.Just getting slower&slower....I got so p-o'd this past Sat. running L-H.Freak'n slow has a turtle.By the way Big Bird welcome to the Technology side of OD.:1904:

thanks Kenneth, they tried to send me a hook card 3 times with no effect, finally had to dispatch me and tell me to go on, 15 minutes on road and they all came through lol ...i erased all my messages this morning hopefully that might help

Sloooooooooooooooooooooow. Had to hit an extra terminal last night (6) total. Counted up to 45 seconds per display switch. Arrivals and hook cards are about to point of getting pissed off. Actually did stress relief exercises twice last night. those who thought adding more bs to an unstable and unreliable system thought it was a good idea, they were greatly mistaken. Technology suppose to make things easier and faster. Sure missed on this set up. Pretty colors and cute graphics was NOT the answer. BLU 2 added 25 minutes to run time. This is at least another 15 to 20. So, 40 to 45 mins a night, even more if reboots and system failures. You all know I'm a dang positive person and roll with whatever comes up, but this is really trying my nerves, especially if these BLU delays cause a violation or missed runs due to delays in an unreliable system.

Although I don't work at OD, We just got these "new and improved" Blu units with the new firmware where I work. (The Linde Group). These so called "upgraded" units are horrible..SLOW, smallish icons and it takes forever to get a trip or input any information. Our company has complained to PeopleNet and there answer is, pretty much get used to it due to the growth of PeopleNet's "networks. I'd rather use the old "un-improved" Blu units. They seemed to work a lot faster. Getting tired of pulling fuses and rebooting constantly. Good luck.

Another driver and I figured we could still do an every other Sun run under new regs, (Always extra get it there for Mon. deliveries and extra coming back to our terminal), yet with all the time wasted on the BLU, it's becoming apparent this won't be an option. All the time lost due to this system costs those who want to run extra, let alone OD's extra cost of additional drivers/equipment. Frustration level was getting high before this last change due to system failures, both dispatch and drivers. Blu 2 costs about 3 hours a week, if this continues it'll be over 5 hours lost.

Driving at night I could not turn down the brightness as low as last version. Now it is like having a flash light shining in my face all night. The other thing I could not do at the end of the day was enter the amount of fuel used by hitting the F10 hot key,

well i always had an issue with the blue being slow. normally when i get my bills, i just enter the trailer numbers and then just leave, i generally get a hook card about 10-15 min. later pull over finish the hook card. i dont wait around with that hook card you can loose alot of time and i dont have alot of time to spare. as far as the new hours i can still run extra on the weekend it just will be kinda of on the tight side so i will have to wait and see what happens. i run linehaul and normally go to mrt. well see what happens.

If you go into setting screen you need to adjust screen light to lowest point.Then when you push the button for adjustment while driving it will not be has bright when you adjust it.
Driving at night I could not turn down the brightness as low as last version. Now it is like having a flash light shining in my face all night. The other thing I could not do at the end of the day was enter the amount of fuel used by hitting the F10 hot key,

I haven't had any issues with the new blu,although it takes some getting used to the small print on the hook card replies,biggest problem I had was being issued the new user manual day after the update,but after lots of cussing,threats of violence,pleading,etc at an inanimate object I eventually got it figured out.

Well, had a little shorter run last night, same number of terminals. Minimum time was 30 sec. as long as 5 min. For each info retrieval or feed in. Duty switch, trailer info, inspect, ect. ect. 2/3 of yard time is due to BLU. Even hitting buttons and doing unhooks/hooks and still spent time waiting. Retrieve arrival #, Final inspection, switch from on duty to off duty sign out took 9 minutes. Have had long nights that a delay like that alone would have put me in violation. Ok, bitched enuff, will wait and see if those in charge will actually fix the issues, or it's the new normal. Terminal managers, supervisors, BLU shop tech., and dispatch has heard from many of us, Asked today if Sun run was still doable, said with these issues no, fix'm yes. P.S. Watch auto switch from Drive to On Duty. Ate 7 mins. instead of normal 3 twice. Reason I manually switch.

Press the mailbox icon and one of the options there is "hot keys". Enter your fuel info there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Our TM is always getting on p&d drivers about yard time. New BLU adds at least 5 and sometimes 10 min. to yard time. Was trying to leave the other day & get to a customer before they went to lunch but the BLU wound up putting me behind all day because it messed up my 1st stop.

They gave us this tool to make everyone's job from top to bottom better and more efficient. So far none of these have been accomplished. With the new rules coming to us, it will only make it worse. So it's time to step up to the better tool plate and give us that better tool that makes us the best run trucking company out there. OD will be rewarded for doing that.

I haven't had any issues with the new blu,although it takes some getting used to the small print on the hook card replies,biggest problem I had was being issued the new user manual day after the update,but after lots of cussing,threats of violence,pleading,etc at an inanimate object I eventually got it figured out.

what is funny, you ask the dispatcher or ops mgr or term mgr and they have no clue what language you are speaking

They gave us this tool to make everyone's job from top to bottom better and more efficient. So far none of these have been accomplished. With the new rules coming to us, it will only make it worse. So it's time to step up to the better tool plate and give us that better tool that makes us the best run trucking company out there. OD will be rewarded for doing that.

I don't know who advises them about these things, but i bet they use new displays with a larger RAM to sell their product. I believe this is the problems with them being slow , not enough internal memory. say a 333 processer trying to run windows 8

They are slower but still a lot faster than the old paper log way of doing things. Calling IVR over and over sometimes until you got an answer to arrive and dispatch. I know technology is supposed to improve things but we all know that with technology comes bugs and Blu is a prime example of that...I believe that they will get it worked out and we will be back to our spoiled happy selves. LOL Just remember back to the IVR and paper log days and consider what you have now. Happy Trucking!