ODFL | New BLU code

The new update the old blu run faster than the new ones why is that shouldn't it be the other way around
I agree .while my tractor was out at freightliner I was using one with BLU2.that was when I started this thread.It was dead slow, but now I have my tractor back and it has BLU1 things are much faster.I would guess they have more ROM and RAM memory.

I do think it will pick back up this coming week.I think when they just start running the new version it will do better.Like I said before OD was aware with the HOS Version that Peoplenet had.It was going to be slower.So hopefully peoplenet will speed it up this week.

they will all get rebooted at 5 am if the are running, for the rules changes 7/1 and will probably be slow for a little while

Well,end of first week with new HOS..Has Blu got any faster?Since they changed my screen out &updated. Doing good.Had to drive another tractor Wed. It was slow.Glad to be pack in mine.

Still has a bit of a delay. But many times faster than it was. I can live with this speed. So thanks goes out to the people responsible for giving us a better tool to work with. The reward will be freight getting back to the p & d guys sooner.

Do ya'all dispatch and arrive yourselves from the onboard computer? Our drivers have to walk in the building and do it on computer terminals inside. How does the system work? Hopeful newbie trying to get ahead of the learning curve here...

Linehaul use's PACO System on the blu.You receive a hook card over the blu .Then you dispatch&arrive yourself by the computer in truck.
Do ya'all dispatch and arrive yourselves from the onboard computer? Our drivers have to walk in the building and do it on computer terminals inside. How does the system work? Hopeful newbie trying to get ahead of the learning curve here...

Depends on location, yet mostly BLU. If no assignment or want to give options you go in. Still have to leave and get paperwork, so a trip will be needed. Just it's quicker in a dark yard.

I'm happy that the speeds for you guys is picking up I was starting to feel a little weird,because my Blu 2 unit worked pretty much at the same speed as it had before the upgrade,my toughest issue has been not trying to hurry through the icons.Just too easy to get ahead of yourself,This is a pretty good system when the Dispatchers have the pertainent information entered in the system.

i know what you mean Dean about hurrying. I got in a hurry Saturday and logged out instead of just going off duty for my break.

Well,how's the speed???Mine has been the best the past couple day's.Yesterday was really fast.Log-in was less then a min&all day processing thru Blu&Paco went very fast&smooth.No problem's.Heard from another driver his was slow.

So how hard is this do-hickey to work?? How many steps are involved in using it? Do we use paper logs or on the BLU? I start Tuesday, getting kinda anxious to get moving and to learn all the stuff involved, just hoping it's not going to be too hard to work.

You will use paper log till you are train'd on BLu&are certified on system.You will use both for a while to you get certified.Good Luck on your new adventure there&welcome to OD.
So how hard is this do-hickey to work?? How many steps are involved in using it? Do we use paper logs or on the BLU? I start Tuesday, getting kinda anxious to get moving and to learn all the stuff involved, just hoping it's not going to be too hard to work.

Slam forehead against trailer twice, and them smash hand in door ounce, just kidding. If working, quick to learn. Just remembering to enter info at each terminal, and ask/listen to those who have had quirks in the system. The current manual is better than last.