ODFL | New BLU code

That may be true on the linehaul side, but in the city we never had to do a log(unless you worked over 12hrs). Now it wastes time in the morning and we have guys who come back to the yard all day. Everytime they have to do an intertrip, change trailer and manifest numbers. This is all stuff we never had to do before. So as my TM always says to us when we have questions...."it is what it is"...........so when he asks us " why did it take you 35 min to get out of the yard........"it is what it is"..........oh yeah everything we enter in the blu we also enter in our handheld

Last edited by a moderator:
That may be true on the linehaul side, but in the city we never had to do a log(unless you worked over 12hrs). Now it wastes time in the morning and we have guys who come back to the yard all day. Everytime they have to do an intertrip, change trailer and manifest numbers. This is all stuff we never had to do before. So as my TM always says to us when we have questions...."it is what it is"...........so when he asks us " why did it take you 35 min to get out of the yard........"it is what it is"

I do feel sorry for you guys on the city side...

If Computer hold's you up.You just leave&go on your way.Then during the day you go back&enter info,etc.At the end of the day there are places you can notate problem's.If computer has not log'd in by the time I'm ready to go.I just go on.I talk'd to Chris Harrell today.He said that it's Peoplenet's HOS update.This was a down fall .It was slower.But,he said they had no choice but to use this verson because of new HOS rule's.He ask me to try next time when it get's slow just to log-out&log back in.They have found that this may help.He apologized for the problem's&hopefully they will get resolved.Like a said before I just leave the yard when having problem's.No need to burn up yard time
That may be true on the linehaul side, but in the city we never had to do a log(unless you worked over 12hrs). Now it wastes time in the morning and we have guys who come back to the yard all day. Everytime they have to do an intertrip, change trailer and manifest numbers. This is all stuff we never had to do before. So as my TM always says to us when we have questions...."it is what it is"...........so when he asks us " why did it take you 35 min to get out of the yard........"it is what it is"..........oh yeah everything we enter in the blu we also enter in our handheld

If Computer hold's you up.You just leave&go on your way.Then during the day you go back&enter info,etc.At the end of the day there are places you can notate problem's.If computer has not log'd in by the time I'm ready to go.I just go on.I talk'd to Chris Harrell today.He said that it's Peoplenet's HOS update.This was a down fall .It was slower.But,he said they had no choice but to use this verson because of new HOS rule's.He ask me to try next time when it get's slow just to log-out&log back in.They have found that this may help.He apologized for the problem's&hopefully they will get resolved.Like a said before I just leave the yard when having problem's.No need to burn up yard time

I got a message on BLU today saying that very thing.If it bogs down and runs slow log out and then back on.MY QUESTION How long should I wait before I can log out before logging back on? How about push red button on BLU 2 and warm boot.With that said, my BLU has finally speeded up to walking speed (about where it was before new code).

DMT.you can log out&back in back to back.When you log-out just log-out on Duty&log back in.I have tried the red button too.Chris told me to do the log-out thing&keep him inform'd if it help'd
I got a message on BLU today saying that very thing.If it bogs down and runs slow log out and then back on.MY QUESTION How long should I wait before I can log out before logging back on? How about push red button on BLU 2 and warm boot.With that said, my BLU has finally speeded up to walking speed (about where it was before new code).

It's 2013, you can look up anything on the internet you want.....from a phone. I can be listening to music, use the internet at the same time, take a phone call,after my call it goes right back to my music. It does it all by itself, among the million other things it does. So your telling me they can't make the BLU go faster. How many millions has the company spent on this, and the answer they give is to log in and,out, are you kidding me. Log in and out, that's the best they got. That's the answer we are told to accept. Ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and when your running down the road with the wrong info in your BLU or your not logged in and you get pulled over and start getting fines, is some guy on the phone you talked to last week gonna go to bat for you......hhmmmmn

YEAH mine is very slow ...takes to long to do what it needs to do and it takes to long to log out..Seems like forever and a day,

Sir!!!There is nothing wrong with leaving&when it come's up pulling over&putting info in then.You know if it bother's you so bad.Then I believe you need another job.I believe you need to call OD/Peoplenet&complain yourself.I do what I can to re-info.I know these guy's& I do know that if Chris say's what's going on it's going on.I was one of the first to test the Blu2 before OD got them.I have work'd with several of them&my remark's&complaint's I had with Blu 2 software was taken to heart&several of the thing's I complain'd about were then changed on the version that was put into truck's.I do think they are slow&they are aware.But,if every driver sit's back&want's to complain:crybaby: about&then doesn't do anything about it then how do they know what we are dealing with.My suggestion is to pick up keypad on Blu&look up Chris Harroll&anyone else you see on the list&send them a little reminder&how you dislike software then maybe then they will speed up.
Oh yeah, and when your running down the road with the wrong info in your BLU or your not logged in and you get pulled over and start getting fines, is some guy on the phone you talked to last week gonna go to bat for you......hhmmmmn

It seems that everytime we get an upgrade it takes many more touches and it slows down more. With the new hours upon us it looks like we maybe arriving back at the terminal a'few' minutes later

Thought idealogy of technology is to Improve service and make an employee more efficient. BLU 2 added 20 mins, this upgrade another 20 mins at LEAST. So, so P&D is 40 mins later getting out to deliver. It all snowballs.

My opinion is that every driver who has problem's should pick up the keyboard&send a message to everyone in charge then that way maybe upper management will listen&get this problem solved ASAP.Don't believe it will take long the way thing's are going till they get it fix'd,

DMT.you can log out&back in back to back.When you log-out just log-out on Duty&log back in.I have tried the red button too.Chris told me to do the log-out thing&keep him inform'd if it help'd

but if the BLU is locked up waiting to finish which ever entry you put in, It will not let you log out.It will just set there until it updates.As least by pushing the red button it DOES SOMETHING.when it has locked up and froze and i have warm booted it , it runs back to normal speed afterwards.

It's 2013, you can look up anything on the internet you want.....from a phone. I can be listening to music, use the internet at the same time, take a phone call,after my call it goes right back to my music. It does it all by itself, among the million other things it does. So your telling me they can't make the BLU go faster. How many millions has the company spent on this, and the answer they give is to log in and,out, are you kidding me. Log in and out, that's the best they got. That's the answer we are told to accept. Ridiculous.

with this said every customer does not buy top of the line.most will buy the minimal needed to do a task with no thought about "what will I need it to do next week". Just saying "It is a good thing WE did not have the company buy the stuff to see it not work as promised"

Funny, My old commodore 64 was faster than this.Most of our smart phones do more than the BLU (this is an assumption),but i can't be far off on this.

Yes,that is a problem.But,after you finally get logg'd in then just log-out.I have never wait'd around for the freak'n computer to do it's thing when slow.I just go on out the gate then when it come's then you can stop&finish info.Just alway's remember to note in remark's what happen'd.Had it start doing some crazy crap today going down the road.I just hit red button to re-boot.The driver that I was riding with today had no clue that's what the red button is for.
but if the BLU is locked up waiting to finish which ever entry you put in, It will not let you log out.It will just set there until it updates.As least by pushing the red button it DOES SOMETHING.when it has locked up and froze and i have warm booted it , it runs back to normal speed afterwards.

how's speed.They replaced my unit a couple of day's ago.Crack'd face.Well,new version was updated yesterday.So far so good.Not bad.I've noticed a couple time's it may hang on one thing.But,,it's alot better that it was.Hopefully by next week it will be back going at a turtle speed.Also,heard that speed maybe slower because of both version's running in system.

Had me a pretty good nite last nite. Hit the gate with 3 min left on my 14. Had I had to use blu it would have caused me to have to cut 2 runs because I would t have made it back to the breakbulk in time to make it back to home 20. I realize we move forward. But let me use paper logs and ivr and I'll be sitting at home drinking a cool one as your blu is coming thru the gate:)