Yellow | new cornbinders

yo....

got a close look at the new binders today.....

nice roomy cab, 370 horse small block cummins, no chain box, 10 speed....

didn't drive it but, i'd like to take one for a spin.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yo ds.....

cyrus mccormick has this company that made machines to harvest corn......

they started making trucks under the name of international harvester....

they're now known as navistar....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope your Corn Binders ride and shift better then the ones Holland bought a few yrs ago. They shift like crap, geared way to low (more likely for a cement truck then a freight truck). And every one I have driven rides rougher then my 2003 Sterling. And the interiors and dash are falling apart at the seams from vibrations. Good luck with them!

yo jim joe.....

@ YELLOW our city drivers break in all new road power.....

at every hub all new road power is hidden in numerous places for the daytime city drivers to tool around town in....

city drivers love to drive 430 horsepower triples tractors on peddle runs...........

by the time they get broken in enough all the minor sniglets are taken care of.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

those int'ls were the biggest mistake usf ever made.. i don't think any of them had a rear licence plate after a couple of months.. the vibrations from the spring ride was brutal.. at least they sprang for the a/c.. (probably couldn't get them w/o a/c...)

The last bunch of IH's were too short for my long legs, Mikeeeeeeee. I stick to Gold-wings most of the time. Or Volvos, when I can. Plenty of room!

jimmy g said:
The last bunch of IH's were too short for my long legs, Mikeeeeeeee. I stick to Gold-wings most of the time. Or Volvos, when I can. Plenty of room!
Definately agree with you there. All our dump trucks in the Air Force were intertrashionals and its not easy for a tall guy to ride comfortably in them.

Teamsters have a myspace page

The Teamsters have a myspace page and looks really well put together too. The address is www.myspace.com/teamsters_union

You may have to create an account with myspace to look at the page there, but it is well worth it. In closing, I hope everyone has a safe and very happy holiday too!

International Walk Around

Here are a few photos of the New Internationals taken October 7th.

YF47474.jpg

YF47474_02.jpg

YF47474_03.jpg

YF47474_04.jpg

Jimmy B

Was down getting my DOT physical a couple of weeks ago and caught this new International pulling a set of triples down Glendale here in Sparks. Thought I'd post this in the Yellow International thread, so here it is...

YFStriples_11-09-06.jpg

Here is a photo of them at Sparks taken back in October.

YellowInternationals.jpg

Jimmy B

It's a Canon 300D, Digital Rebel. They would be much better with a tripod, but they are grab shots...

Jimmy B

Talked to a couple of CNC drivers about ..the new INTERNATIONALS... They have some captured for their FLA runs...The only good report was the engine....64 MPH...and pulls... cab SUCKS!!!:shrug: :hissyfit: :bye1: