Estes | new dockworker?

keep your fingers crossed!

Well everyone i had my interview tuesday and to sum it all up it went really goood. The TM was a really nice guy and we sat there and bs for a wile and come to find out he knows some of my family he worked at an old trucking company with my great grandpa! But anyways he told me about the job and asked if i would ever want to drive and of corse i said yes, he explaned the promoting within and about the school they do.

So i think it went good, he told me that he has to interview somemore people and he said "he likes me if you hear back from me we will take the next step if not keep doing what you are doing"

I sure hope it works out i would love to have this job!

Any input anyone lol?

I hope it all works out for you. Work on getting your hazmat. That would help if he's trying to decide between you and someone else.

still havent heard anything back, if i dont hear anything by friday im thinking about going up and asking if they have filled the possition, any suggestions?

Can I replace you at Ups cause being here for 11 years has been a roller coaster ride for me, if I was young again I would go with Brown, good beans and good retirement it pays off in the end.

The only downside is when it get slow,junior men are the first to go. Haven't seen the jockey guy around for a while, replaced him with a city driver. So what I'm saying is until you have time don't count on long term with us. Best of luck to you ( I do mean that ) and i'm glad to see some of the younger generation isn't afraid to work, we depend on you to keep SS. going

Like I said before go Utility they will let guys with years at the company in Linehaul go and keep a fresh hired utility driver.

hey guys just thought i would say that today i got a phone call to go to the "second interview" thursday! I am very excited and any input on what this can be about did i get the job?

hey guys just thought i would say that today i got a phone call to go to the "second interview" thursday! I am very excited and any input on what this can be about did i get the job?

Your probably going in to sign papers and take pea pea test

hey guys just though
t i would say that today i got a phone call to go to the "second interview" thursday! I am very excited and any input on what this can be about did i get the job?
I would say things are looking very good for your employment here. Any word on your buddy yet?

I would say things are looking very good for your employment here. Any word on your buddy yet?

Thats awesome im pumped,, and lol yea lastweek i went up and talked to the tm bc i hadnt heard anything back he went on to say he would call me this week and did, but also yes they also called him to, funny thing is he had his interview before me and now for this "second interview" his time is before me to??

well guys just got home from the second interview and the tm secretary and me were in the office for the "second interview". It went reall good once again we all joked and talked about some things he ask me a few questions and he said he liked me and how i answered the questions from the first time.. he ask if im still wanting to eventually drive and i said yes of corse and thats good and i have potentuall since he knows some of my fam and that is in my background.. but anyways he said that this is a long process and he has a couple other people that have "experince" in it..

Any ideas im upset i really would like to have the job, i sure hope i can! give me some feedback guys thanks

I've only have been to that terminal a couple of times. I have met that secretary she's a nice lady. I know how it iis in those small towns. he probly has 500 applications just like yours.
you should be okay, I have never heard of a second interview I was peeing in a cup on my second

I've only have been to that terminal a couple of times. I have met that secretary she's a nice lady. I know how it iis in those small towns. he probly has 500 applications just like yours.
you should be okay, I have never heard of a second interview I was peeing in a cup on my second

lol thats awesome you have been to it before? and yes she is the kinda younger one? but yes i wish i was in you shoes saying the same thing, but idk he said just a couple people with experience but i have that except for the towmoter part and why would you hier a older person vs young that wants to eventually make a career out of it, idk im going to be thinging about this forever i shure hope it works out!!

laugh out loud. you might have opened up a can o worms bringing up that are older and younger stuff. not too many spring chickens here on truckingboards. just be patient it takes a while

alright Mildew thanks, i still think if i dont hear anythinng back in the next couple weeks im going to go up and talk to him and see whats up?

Mr. Dutchman, when you first started posting I thought you were a pretty good kid based on what your trying to accomplish in your life but you crossed the line bringing up "older person" and I'm glad your not going for a billing job because your ............., carry on young man.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right mildew looks like i did open up a can of worms, some people just take things the wrong way all the time, i was just asking a question im not calling anyone old or young we all here i think want the same things in life!

I sure wish i could be in you peoples shoes with the experience under my belt and be the one on here answering the questions vs always asking.

You are right mildew looks like i did open up a can of worms, some people just take things the wrong way all the time, i was just asking a question im not calling anyone old or young we all here i think want the same things in life!

I sure wish i could be in you peoples shoes with the experience under my belt and be the one on here answering the questions vs always asking.
post away but if you don't want to start any ****, think before you post or wait an hour or 2 if you're replying to a post in retaliation. I'm just here to play center field because I agreed to do so..