TForce | new driver

E ... you are to kind, but you are missing the point. if there are 25 issues and we all agree to 20 of them, they dont have to be the same 20 issues. what is important for one person might not be for you, or me. overall we can agree on one contract even if we arent real happy with 1 or 2 things. and still call it a good contract.

southerngrits said:
thats crap.. I started with "O" in September of last year and started out at 17+. and am only up to 17.94 an hour right now and top out in three years... just be honest in here and don't elaborate on crap your making up.. sorry if this sounds harsh since we both work for upgf, but that is an out an out lie and you know it...and yes I am on the eastcoast also.....
In mid Atlantic area we have a shortage of CDL drivers and we also have a high cost of living. There are other areas around the country that they are starting drivers out at $19.09 and are at top pay in a year. So for these areas the company decided to increase the starting pay to $19.09 and top out in one year to $21.00. Average rent in our area is over $1100 a month my mortgage payment is over $1400. We have been able to recruit drivers from other carriers by making this change. The next time you talk to your terminal manager just ask him see what he tells you. I have no reason to lie to you believe what you want.

gater said:
In mid Atlantic area we have a shortage of CDL drivers and we also have a high cost of living. There are other areas around the country that they are starting drivers out at $19.09 and are at top pay in a year. So for these areas the company decided to increase the starting pay to $19.09 and top out in one year to $21.00. Average rent in our area is over $1100 a month my mortgage payment is over $1400. We have been able to recruit drivers from other carriers by making this change. The next time you talk to your terminal manager just ask him see what he tells you. I have no reason to lie to you believe what you want.

In the great north it is the same as you only the pay scale is the same as it has been.5 years to get to max.

Energizer said:
How in the hell are you so called union people going to agree on a contract when you can't even agree what start up pay is?
Alot of new posters seem to come in and throw their 2 cents in with out really knowing who they are even posting to. Please review who you are posting to before going on that wild hate spin. I have never worked for a union in my 27 years of trucking!!!

next question how do you run is terminal to terminals :: or what how often do you work is their a casual Bord and how dost it work for you :Chocolate-Cow:

BusterNite said:
Alot of new posters seem to come in and throw their 2 cents in with out really knowing who they are even posting to. Please review who you are posting to before going on that wild hate spin. I have never worked for a union in my 27 years of trucking!!!
FREAKIN FNGs......Wow that sounds familiar... Smart a$$ drivers think they know it all and stir up shtuff....At least he aint one of those MC drivers .......OH hey that is me.......

dockboy said:
next question how do you run is terminal to terminals :: or what how often do you work is their a casual Bord and how dost it work for you :Chocolate-Cow:

Hey dock, Krash asked you in the second post if your talking about UPS or UPSF?

If It's UPSF we don't have a casual board out in the west, and everything is terminal to terminal as far as line goes.

If it's UPS that's a whole different animal

sorry i am talking about the road drivers not sure on the difference between upsf and ups i am not interested in the little vans that goes House to house

dockboy said:
sorry i am talking about the road drivers not sure on the difference between upsf and ups i am not interested in the little vans that goes House to house

Big difference between the two, but I assume your talking about UPS Freight.

Do you have experience in Line? If so go on the web site and apply. I talked to a new driver in Harrisburg so they were hiring back east.

dockboy said:
thanks ill check it out
After you check it out, and you still want to go ahead and apply, forget the computer, go to the terminal. THey are the slowest company in the world to apply online., Well that might not be the truth, but I'll vouch from my personal experience.:mfight:

serta said:
After you check it out, and you still want to go ahead and apply, forget the computer, go to the terminal. THey are the slowest company in the world to apply online., Well that might not be the truth, but I'll vouch from my personal experience.:mfight:
I would also go to the terminal. But the terminal may turn you away. It seems as though they are pretty adamant with this on line application forms.