SAIA | New England

LTL54

TB Lurker
Credits
noticed SAIA posted 3 sales positions in Springfield, MA - Worcester, MA and Providence, RI. Anyone hear anything regarding New England expansion plans?

noticed SAIA posted 3 sales positions in Springfield, MA - Worcester, MA and Providence, RI. Anyone hear anything regarding New England expansion plans?
No official announcement yet but with these postings the writing is on the wall. Go onto the SAIA Facebook page and watch the Ray Ramu video. Our plans our to cover the whole United States. And it will happen, it’s just a matter of time.

I'm not sure it is feasible for Saia to cover the entire country. I'm guessing they would still do some interlining in the rural areas (wyoming, montana, etc...). Just a thought

A buyout could happen IMO. But it has to be the right company. You must remember SAIA is union free and that culture will never change. That’s why it’s such a challenge because many of the companies are unionized. FedEx has succeeded in the N.E. but it didn’t happen overnight. SAIA appears to be slowing down and looking at all options. Growing it organically is a slower process. A buyout would speed things up but you have the union issue. I suspect that’s why things have been put off until October. Of course this is all just speculation.

A buyout could happen IMO. But it has to be the right company. You must remember SAIA is union free and that culture will never change. That’s why it’s such a challenge because many of the companies are unionized. FedEx has succeeded in the N.E. but it didn’t happen overnight. SAIA appears to be slowing down and looking at all options. Growing it organically is a slower process. A buyout would speed things up but you have the union issue. I suspect that’s why things have been put off until October. Of course this is all just speculation.

Yea coming into a new market is hard. It started off great for them but with the driver shortage that probably added to the problems with extending. The freight that gets push into the N.E is great and the money is great but like you said it’s not an overnight thing or even a 1 year thing.

Through my brief research they appear to be non-union and if that’s the case it wouldn’t surprise me if SAIA has them on their radar. The last thing SAIA wants is the Teamsters sorry ass telling them how to run their business.

I’m very puzzled why Pitt Ohio isn’t on this website anymore. Never mind I found them on the “Smaller LTL Carriers” on this site. Strange, I didn’t picture them that small.

Last edited:
I’m very puzzled why Pitt Ohio isn’t on this website anymore. Never mind I found them on the “Smaller LTL Carriers” on this site. Strange, I didn’t picture them that small.

Wow that’s shocking that they are listed as a small LTL company. They have a good size network. Yea I do agree with not dealing with the teamsters. Nothing against the drivers that are union but I couldn’t see myself waiting for someone else to negotiate my pay to what benefits them