ODFL | new freightliners

easttnhillbilly

TB Regular
Credits
14 new team trucks sitting in mrt with no Od logos on them yet all are columbias with Detroit motors and there is one cascadia day cab all labeled and just waiting on tags didn't get to look in it the shop were putting stuf on it but really looked like a sharp truck

first guess is the team trucks would be used for a dedicated account like the flooring place out of MS etc if they are not labeled.i thought they were labeled by the factory.

a 09 cascadia was towed into our yard today but was told it is going elsewhere.i guess they will drop them here now since we have a full shop and all the other terminals around here are within 5 hours.they will just send the truck to be parked here and swap the tag.i am just guessing on this.

the black trucks are only allowed to get so many miles a year they were parked for that reason but ive not herd if they will run them in 09 or not

first guess is the team trucks would be used for a dedicated account like the flooring place out of MS etc if they are not labeled.i thought they were labeled by the factory.

dedicated trucks are useually all white and come from the od truck leasing devision these are odfl colors and single axles so im wondering since the 75 anniversery is coming up if there not going to get some kind of redisined labels for the 75th deal
also seen a cascadia day cab in the bos shop nice trucks hope they start gettting cascadia team trucks

dedicated trucks are useually all white and come from the od truck leasing devision these are odfl colors and single axles so im wondering since the 75 anniversery is coming up if there not going to get some kind of redisined labels for the 75th deal
also seen a cascadia day cab in the bos shop nice trucks hope they start gettting cascadia team trucks

I think you hit the nail on the head.I was told they were waiting on 75th anniversery logos to go on the trucks.:1036316054:

More Cascadias

Shop guy told me that there were 385 cascadias to be purchased this year. Most were going to be shipped to the major breakbulks,to be tagged etc then sent to their final destinations.

Have you guys saw the note hanging up about the new cascadias?They have 2 switches and if you don't turn them off in the right order you will blow the right headlight.

they better have a supply of them bulbs then for the first week or two because of yard testing by the "future drivers"

New trucks are all fine and dandy to talk about and wish for but I would prefer just to keep the '04 I have because it's already broke in. I've never been one to want a completely brand new truck because you're always working the bugs out and it will be in and out of the shop until then and by the time that is done you'll be wishing for a new ride again. I personally would just prefer assigned trucks but I seriously doubt that will ever happen. To all of you who get the new ones... ENJOY!!!

Trucks

good info skywalker,how about the daycab volvos?

I haven't heard a thing about the volvo daycab or teams. About the switch on the cascadia, that is to keep the batteries from going dead and to protect the truck from catching on fire, so I have been told. The switch is to the back of the drivers seat on the floor and if you try to start it without the switch turned on it will blow a headlight bulb,something else to try and remember right.

whats next ,,lean over and blow in the tube for air quality. the 9 we have have not moved since delivery. oh well ,,i won't drive one for a couple of years anyway so i am not losing anything. just hope i get a good trade in for my 97 when it is retired.