TForce | New Internationals

Are any of the older internationals the 6100's going to get rebranded, I thought I saw one.

I really don't think UPSF is going to be rebranding anymore equipment. I mean look at the 05 and 06 tractors that are still "O" or "MC" or the newer 26 series Great Dane pups. When was the last time anything got rebranded?

I know one thing, it's pretty embarrasing and confusing to show up at a customers dock with a ratty old "O" tractor pulling a "MC" trailer.

I can see that it is cost prohibtive to paint junk tractors, but I think it would serve the Company good to a least paint all the trailers battleship grey and logo them. Thats a rolling billboard. Heck, even FDX continues to paint and refurbish AF/Viking and Watkins trailers.

I really don't think UPSF is going to be rebranding anymore equipment. I mean look at the 05 and 06 tractors that are still "O" or "MC" or the newer 26 series Great Dane pups. When was the last time anything got rebranded?

I know one thing, it's pretty embarrasing and confusing to show up at a customers dock with a ratty old "O" tractor pulling a "MC" trailer.

I can see that it is cost prohibtive to paint junk tractors, but I think it would serve the Company good to a least paint all the trailers battleship grey and logo them. Thats a rolling billboard. Heck, even FDX continues to paint and refurbish AF/Viking and Watkins trailers.

They will start re branding equipment after the new year. I read the memo myself. Elvis out...

They will start re branding equipment after the new year. I read the memo myself. Elvis out...

Hey Elvis, did they mention anything about washing the equipment first and then putting on a primer before painting? :hysterical:

I got one of the last of the rebranded Volvo's. Paint is peeling everywhere. If it wasn't for the dirt and grim keeping the paint in place, it would look worst.

Talk about a mis-managed fleet maintenance program!!!

^Talk about paint problems, we've got a newer Volvo that one of the contracted painters f'ed up. The rear of the cab is supposed to be all grey, but they carried the brown around the rear, and the paint is chipping pretty bad on it to, the blue is showing through...the tractor was one of the brand new ones painted solid blue. You get what you pay for, the lowest bidder for painting!

I dunno about ya'll, but when we get a new road unit, (next one by 2015 probably) the one it replaces goes to another terminal, our city guys never get to see it!

I'm out of one of the smaller north eastern terminals.
we have 15 drivers.
4 linehaul,the rest city.
I think we have 3 rebranded older Internationals,for you new guys.
Us older folks used to call the older models that fell apart when they were in service,after the farm equipment this company is famous for.
Yup you got it an International has always been a corn binder in my book.

Although this companys tractors feel apart when we older gear jammers were driving them,so did other truck manufactures trucks.

The vibration of the older diesel motors used to shake the screws out of the instrument panels.
Sometimes the door handles would come off as well.
Ah the good old days.
I'm glad equipment has improved in the good new days of our trucking industry.

Oh my Elvis you are always saying Elvis out with your post comment endings.
I think you may be way out this time saying one of our co-workers can't fit behind the wheel.

Now how would you ever know something like that?
When we only see posted comments on here and don't know what we wrtters look like?

Just goes to show its hard to tell about who we all are really like,just posting messages to eachother all the time.
I would of never took you for someone who was really packing the groceries away hugnlug?

Apo, I'm 6'3'' and in fairly good shape. I stay away from all the crap that can kill you. Cigs, alcohol, drugs, fried foods, donuts etc.
Your body is a temple. Besides I can't be out chasing women if my body is all contorted from sitting in a sh!tspreader all day. Theres something about being hunched over that turns them off!!! :biglaugh:

I'm so sorry my friend,and UPS Freight co-worker.
When you posted you had a hard time getting into the drivers seat.
I naturaly took it as your stomack was brushing the steering wheel?

Well then you know what happens when we try to assume something thats posted here.

So please find it in your heart to forgive me.

Yes I agree with you there hugnlug.
How can you tell if your shoes are shined,if when your standing up, looking down,you can't see your feet?

I heard that they will drive them through the mud and salt before they send them to there locations so that they will match the rest of the fleet.:hysterical:

They sure don't care how they look. They will not hire any mobile truck wash to come to the yard like other companies do. I thought UPS was so concerned about their image. I guess that has changed to. :biglaugh:

Hey there Skeeter being that your out in the shakey state,you could drive down by the ocean on a windy day,and the sea water would was off your rig.

Like us around here nature puts all of the dirt,and grim on our stuff,and when it rains during warmer weather.
the rain washes our equipment off.

Are any of the older internationals the 6100's going to get rebranded, I thought I saw one.

We have one of the rebranded Internationals at my barn. The paint job is so so. From what I understand they are not going to rebrand any more.

One of the SSD guys that parks his rig at our barn is all white and it it has the UPS logos and the gold tractor numbers on the hood and doors. It looks cool.

All of the Special Service sleepers that fuel up at my terminal,and some times sleep over.
Are all rebranded or new tractors,with the UPS Freight paint scheme.

over the last 2months great dane here in memphis has 80 city vans on which they are installing lift gates. 12 started coming the yard on the 21st. 12 53 footers are also coming out of a facility somewhere in mississippi. i saw 3 new tractors on the yard friday. i did pay any attention to what make they were.