XPO | New Miami Contract?

dietsoda

TB Lurker
Credits
So I heard that the Miami SC has signed its new contract with Con-way as Teamsters.

True? If so does anyone know the details?

There was a lot of talk back and forth about what a new Teamster contract would bring (pension, better medical, job protection, etc.) and I'm wondering how much was talk and how much made it into the signed contract.

I haven't heard that Laredo negotiated/signed even though they were first.

So I heard that the Miami SC has signed its new contract with Con-way as Teamsters.

True? If so does anyone know the details?

There was a lot of talk back and forth about what a new Teamster contract would bring (pension, better medical, job protection, etc.) and I'm wondering how much was talk and how much made it into the signed contract.

I haven't heard that Laredo negotiated/signed even though they were first.
When they get done boneing the rest of you with all their new programs, dock workers, etc. your all gonna wish you had a contract with someone!:6788::rulz::lmao::lmao::violin:

There isn't any contract. They are going through the process. Most likely you heard that they came to a " no close/no strike" agreement. This is typical in negotiations as it is a show of good faith from both sides.

When they get done boneing the rest of you with all their new programs, dock workers, etc. your all gonna wish you had a contract with someone!:6788::rulz::lmao::lmao::violin:

If it gets that bad more of us will leave. Plenty of jobs out there. Customers are caring less and less what company moves their freight and more and more about would someone please just come and move my freight.

Seems to me that Laredo and Miami are in the exact same place, though Laredo was a little earlier.

If there's a difference...I'm curious...

So that is a hint... right ? The one that went first is behind. You seem capable of using a computer. If you are curious, you will figure it out. It's way to much to attempt to type out for you.

The short story is this. And I will not go past this. Elections can be challenged. Lawsuits can be filed. By both sides. There are a million ways things can get messy. I'm not a lawyer. I'm not in Laredo. From what I understand. Things in Laredo have gotten complicated.

So that is a hint... right ? The one that went first is behind. You seem capable of using a computer. If you are curious, you will figure it out. It's way to much to attempt to type out for you.

The short story is this. And I will not go past this. Elections can be challenged. Lawsuits can be filed. By both sides. There are a million ways things can get messy. I'm not a lawyer. I'm not in Laredo. From what I understand. Things in Laredo have gotten complicated.
So you know nothing and just trying to stir up ::shit:: , very predictable of you.

Seems to me that Laredo and Miami are in the exact same place, though Laredo was a little earlier.

If there's a difference...I'm curious...

There are plenty of loud mouth pro union guys that post on here. They will tell you anything you want to hear. They bash anyone that disagrees with them or says anything not painting the union as the solver of all the worlds problems. It's important that you get familiar with finding the truth regardless of who is saying it. Here are some bread crumbs. Just in case you are completely clueless. It's messy. It's complicated. And not just in Laredo. But since you asked about Laredo...

http://nlrb.gov/case/16-CA-148501

http://nlrb.gov/case/16-CA-144325

It is called, smoke and mirrors, or politics. Just truck make money till the driverless trucks are in full force, than you can flip burger, by that time those people will be making $15.00 per hour. And you get a happy meal to boot

It is called, smoke and mirrors, or politics. Just truck make money till the driverless trucks are in full force, than you can flip burger, by that time those people will be making $15.00 per hour. And you get a happy meal to boot

I think I will be the security guard type. Sit and stare at some monitors. Then take a walk ( patrol ). And then sit some more.

Yeah, I read the NLRB documents. I figured Con-way would legally challenge elections everywhere not just Laredo.

One of the things I have heard a lot is the NLRB this and the NLRB that. I sometimes wonder if these people realize that the NLRB acts to protect not just the employees but also the company. It seems that there is a lot of belief that some group or entity is running coming to the employees aid. That they are a victim of something horrible. But company is claiming the same. This isn't one sided. Both sides feel wronged. Both sides will be heard.

The firestorm is over though. This hasn't been nearly as successful or as eventful as people talked it up to be.

So you know nothing and just trying to stir up :::shit::: , very predictable of you.
I did not see a ::shit:: stirring attempt here ... more of a biting ones tongue than telling you his true feelings. If you logged into here .. which takes some people an honest thinking effort and 9 emails to Tboard help .. you can research it in google and draw your own opinions.