New Penn | new penn change of ops

I sure hope you newpenn guys voted right ! A good lesson for those of us who haven't voted yet , Don't do anything you will regret the rest of your life !~!

uh oh..one might conclude New Penn people didn't see this coming till after the vote

I thought it would happen but with a dove-tail..wow like the evil empire is pushing back

oh man!! their worst night-mare becoming a reality

Our worst nightmare was when yellow bought us, and we all knew it then...

i remember zollars will leave when oh when his agenda is in place. could be a while it looks like. rejection is coming hold on brothers get ready for the ride. looks like some will be help me im the little man / oh yea what is the name of the company. yrc yrc yrc ../// my my my what will come next. oh yea let me tell you , are you ready zollars agenda.

well, thats about par for Zollers.... close down the profitable company's and merge them into the non-profitable one! Any wonder why YRC is in such a mess!!
That, in a nut shell, is exactly what the problem is at YRCW. Merge the profitable companies into the non-profitable......yep makes sense to me. Maybe he should also threaten Holland that they will be merged into YRC also. That way nobody will make any money......yep makes sense to me.

That, in a nut shell, is exactly what the problem is at YRCW. Merge the profitable companies into the non-profitable......yep makes sense to me. Maybe he should also threaten Holland that they will be merged into YRC also. That way nobody will make any money......yep makes sense to me.

Maybe you should read more about YRC
National Transportation Results

National Transportation represented approximately 66% and 71% of our consolidated revenue in the second quarter of 2010 and 2009, respectively, and approximately 67% and 72% of our consolidated revenue in the six months ended June 30, 2010 and 2009, respectively.

Operating ratio (a) 95.5 % (a) Represents total operating expenses divided by operating revenue.

From last quarters results http://investors.yrcw.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1193125-10-182535&CIK=716006

Holy :::shit::: R, you couldn't have really expected me to read all of their fuzzy math, did you? This whole company has become nothing but a batch of B.S. fuzzy math. Are they broke? YES. Are they also stupid? Yes. Do they have a **** poor business plan? Yes. Am I tired of their crying wolf, and trying to get us to fund more of their stupidity, YES!

Bottom line.......They are playing a shell game with the money, and they have been for several years now. But, now it seems that it is time to pay the fiddler.....but not at my expense.

NF I wish that one person would show me where this fuzzy math is . I have reported many many times on audits being done on YRCW books and so far no one including JP Morgan or even the biggest holder of YRCW stock the Vanguard Group, Inc have found anything that hints at money being hidden . Plus the Teamsters have done two audit using outside sources and they haven't found all the fuzzy math that " truck drivers " keep talking about ! It would be nice if that was true but shouldn't we deal in facts and not break room rumors ?

Holy :::shit::: R, you couldn't have really expected me to read all of their fuzzy math, did you? This whole company has become nothing but a batch of B.S. fuzzy math. Are they broke? YES. Are they also stupid? Yes. Do they have a **** poor business plan? Yes. Am I tired of their crying wolf, and trying to get us to fund more of their stupidity, YES!

Bottom line.......They are playing a shell game with the money, and they have been for several years now. But, now it seems that it is time to pay the fiddler.....but not at my expense.

NF I wish that one person would show me where this fuzzy math is . I have reported many many times on audits being done on YRCW books and so far no one including JP Morgan or even the biggest holder of YRCW stock the Vanguard Group, Inc have found anything that hints at money being hidden . Plus the Teamsters have done two audit using outside sources and they haven't found all the fuzzy math that " truck drivers " keep talking about ! It would be nice if that was true but shouldn't we deal in facts and not break room rumors ?

I would LOVE to see a time line with the forensics of YRC! Just show us a Blow by Blow report of when YRC had money, and what decisions and who made them and why they made them that leads us all the way to this point...... and with that report, show the decision or option that would have taken this company in a different direction.... Lets just see EXACTLY what they did and why!! we all know buying Roadway, and then USF is blamed for this whole thing... but the math doesn't add up if USF is making money, New Penn is making money, and from what i hear, Roadway was making money.. if those 3 were profitable.. what happened? and its not just the economy!! if that was the cause, then every trucking company would be in the exact same situation!

The short answer NO WAY NO HOW is Yellow never had any money they borrowed money to buy Roadway and the borrowed money to buy USF . The rest is history ! To put it in layman's terms think of your credit cards if you miss a payment ( which YRCW did ) what happens to your interest rates ? YRCW interest rates almost double ! Also YRCW has to meet certain loan requirements ever quarter or the pay MAJOR penalties and they have been paying them nearly ever quarter !!!

The short answer NO WAY NO HOW is Yellow never had any money they borrowed money to buy Roadway and the borrowed money to buy USF . The rest is history ! To put it in layman's terms think of your credit cards if you miss a payment ( which YRCW did ) what happens to your interest rates ? YRCW interest rates almost double ! Also YRCW has to meet certain loan requirements ever quarter or the pay MAJOR penalties and they have been paying them nearly ever quarter !!!

So they went deep into debt with the purchase of roadway.. then why in the world would any bank lend them 1.6 BILLION to buy USF??... this is after Fedex and UPS entered into the LTL market...... and the big question is, why didn't they fire zollers as soon as they realized he dug a hole so deep that only a miracle could save 40,000 jobs

So they went deep into debt with the purchase of roadway.. then why in the world would any bank lend them 1.6 BILLION to buy USF??... this is after Fedex and UPS entered into the LTL market...... and the big question is, why didn't they fire zollers as soon as they realized he dug a hole so deep that only a miracle could save 40,000 jobs

Good question but I for one have no answer !

We asked at our meeting with the big boys if the Teamster had been given the financial information to track how much (of our) money had went to the overseas investments. The answer was that the overseas investments were separate and the Union had no business knowing what the overseas investments were. I say B.S. That overseas investment money could have been used here in the U.S. to help this Company survive. Instead they send it over there, for them to prosper, and ask us for more money. And if they don't send it over there.....why not open the books to the Union for that money also? Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but I'm guessing that a lot of our money is invested over there.

maybe high finance and the way of Wall St is way above your pay grade? A big part of the plan was to substantially reduce head count and overlap--the industry is being consolidated by the giants..prob is the pie isn't big enough for everybody.

Economy-economy always was always will be the economy. FedEx pulled it off with the cash cow foreign air freight funding the expansion..as did their duopolist partner UPS.

See what happens when you run your credit card up too high? Ok, it wasn't your fault but you have to help pay the card off..cause nobody in freight got that kind of cash