New Penn | New Penn Motor Express Withdrawl From TMI

I know that you aren't talking about all the frt. that we give Holland through Buffalo. So I guess you are talking about the frt. you interline and if I remember we have been over this before. They gave it away before you were there and it hasn't changed.

Dodsworth Cartage in Erie handles a lot of New Penn’s freight. I would say that it gives at least six Dodsworth drivers jobs. I have mention this before in other threads but no one seems to mind or care. I would like to see New Penn grow in our area; it would mean more people in our local, and get the freight back on a union truck. I have nothing against these drivers, actually like to see them get jobs working for New Penn. Jamestown NY is covered by Nasons, they are Teamsters. Some come to Erie.

You could not be more wrong. New Penn gives away multiple trailer loads of freight everyday in Buffalo,even with guys on layoff. This company is the biggest abuser of giving their work away. Worst shop in Buff to work for by far!

ok so they give frt. away, this has NOTHING to do with RDWY or Yellow running the show. this has been going on well before either two were in the picture so what exactly is your point ? NP management chooses to do this on their own.

in terms of giving away loads, when talking about NEMF, i mean they're taking the frt. made for NEMF workers and handing it to their partner carriers Eastern & Carrier. when is the last time you saw NP work given to RDWY or Yellow ? just trying to clarify things :1036316054:

say they send 3 loads of freight to dodsworth cartage in erie. dodsworth must cover a area more than just erie, not all that freight is going to just erie. it might represent 6-7 differant runs for that company. it's just not npme freight. there are other carriers that are useing them for the same reason npme uses them. they end up makeing delivers that otherwise npme would probaly not deliver to. it expands our area of deliver without the overhead that ussually would be involved. we get probaly half the revenue just for giveing freight to them to deliver. and the real reason is there are probably slim to no pick=ups in that area to justify makeing delivery if npme did it in house, thus makeing it a money loseing propostion. so your choices are #1 make no money and don't deliver in that area at all, #2 npme deliver and lose money on delivery, because of no p/u's or maybe once a week p/u, #3hand off freight to dodsworth and still get half the revenue, expand our service area, let them get any p/u's that are far and few between, and than we still get some revenue. oh yea, if we didnt give freight to dodsworth, 3,4,5 truckloads, how many less dock men do you think npme could do without knowing they basically arent in this business to lose money.in a perfect world npme would make all delivers everywhere, camp hill used to run as far away as altoona to del. city freight. camp hill delivers to martinsburg west virgina. why, we have p/u's there that make it profiable, but we still give freight to usa cartage in hagerstown to go to out lieing areas that are not profitable. if you hate the way npme does business why do you people stay with this ::shit:: hole company?there are plenty of companys that would hire you with your experiance. but the sad thing is, a month from now someone will get on here and say npme is giveing all there freight away to non-union companys, again. why do you think npme is left more alone than any of yellow acqustions to date, it aint because we arent makeing money and profit for them.

say they send 3 loads of freight to dodsworth cartage in erie. dodsworth must cover a area more than just erie, not all that freight is going to just erie. it might represent 6-7 differant runs for that company. it's just not npme freight. there are other carriers that are useing them for the same reason npme uses them. they end up makeing delivers that otherwise npme would probaly not deliver to. it expands our area of deliver without the overhead that ussually would be involved. we get probaly half the revenue just for giveing freight to them to deliver. and the real reason is there are probably slim to no pick=ups in that area to justify makeing delivery if npme did it in house, thus makeing it a money loseing propostion. so your choices are #1 make no money and don't deliver in that area at all, #2 npme deliver and lose money on delivery, because of no p/u's or maybe once a week p/u, #3hand off freight to dodsworth and still get half the revenue, expand our service area, let them get any p/u's that are far and few between, and than we still get some revenue. oh yea, if we didnt give freight to dodsworth, 3,4,5 truckloads, how many less dock men do you think npme could do without knowing they basically arent in this business to lose money.in a perfect world npme would make all delivers everywhere, camp hill used to run as far away as altoona to del. city freight. camp hill delivers to martinsburg west virgina. why, we have p/u's there that make it profiable, but we still give freight to usa cartage in hagerstown to go to out lieing areas that are not profitable. if you hate the way npme does business why do you people stay with this ::shit:: hole company?there are plenty of companys that would hire you with your experiance. but the sad thing is, a month from now someone will get on here and say npme is giveing all there freight away to non-union companys, again. why do you think npme is left more alone than any of yellow acqustions to date, it aint because we arent makeing money and profit for them.

you hit the nail right on the head. Everybody uses a cartage co. it's just that giving frt. to a partner carrier aint happenening over here.

At Holland we give all of our Florida freight to Roadway, and from what I know of Yellow does some of the West Virginia for us, and I am sure they do more. As far as Dodsworths area of coverage, I know they go down as far as Grove City. They have an area as big as ours if not bigger. They pull New Penn trailers all the time, why wear out theirs.

Wouldn't you rather see interlined friehgt going to another union carrier, especially a carier ownerd by the same corp.

I see the futre as to major palyers.

Yellow and UPS.

Watch for a hostle take over of FEDEX by UPS with 15 years.

With the failure of more nonunion comapies the yellow machine will hummmmmm

Has anyopne seen my beer hic*

Yes, as I said in post #22 I would love to see our membership grow. As far as Yrc handling the areas we don’t service, it is a good business decision, and better than a fly by night cartage company. Lets keep the revenue in house.

seeing all that freight going to union carrier would be great as long as npme was still being profitable doing that. but as someone just stated they cover a great big area, and i'll bet you they deliver yellow, roadway abf, as well as non-uion carrier freight all over there area for same reason i have stated. otherwise dodsworth wont have a very good cartage business. i'm sure there business is based on delivering for mutiple carriers as well as some of there own customers. 15 yrs for you to buy out fed-ex? the way this global econmy ::shit:: is going, there might not even be a USofA, and probaley wont be able to drink the water here, or eat the p#$sy.

keeping revenue in house is fine if it is profiable. npme now covers 48 states buy doing that with reddaway and holland, and wilson. but certain cercumstances dictate the use of cartage companys, and well not all terminals at all companys need to use them, there are areas at alot of terminals that do. since i outlined your choices for or agaisnt cartage companys, i guess your pick is either give to union company to deliver and lose money over, or lose money buy not delivering at all, which means more freight to or revenue to go to non-union company, possabley at least now we have dock guys loading these trailers and union guys picking up this freight from customers. you saying it would be better to stop p/uing up and loading cause we cant deliver it. so we lose how many union jobs doing what i just stated just because somebody non-union delivers it.

At Holland we give all of our Florida freight to Roadway, and from what I know of Yellow does some of the West Virginia for us, and I am sure they do more. As far as Dodsworths area of coverage, I know they go down as far as Grove City. They have an area as big as ours if not bigger. They pull New Penn trailers all the time, why wear out theirs.

Whats the deal with land air ? at some of our pick ups they still handle all the usf stuff I thought new penn was getting everything in our area?

you are very confused #1. new penn gives freight to other companies because, they can make more money on it by making someone else do their work, and violating the contract. you seem very knowledgable about dock work in BUFF which turns out to be very minimal when we load trailers for companies that do not adhere to the NMFA.
#2. holland covers all areas given away,
#3 and like I said before, sounds like management to me .

you are very confused #1. new penn gives freight to other companies because, they can make more money on it by making someone else do their work, and violating the contract. you seem very knowledgable about dock work in BUFF which turns out to be very minimal when we load trailers for companies that do not adhere to the NMFA.
#2. holland covers all areas given away,
#3 and like I said before, sounds like management to me .

I am not confused, your first point I will agree with you, till you get to the minimal work that is given to Dodsworth. My knowledge comes from picking up freight from the Dodsworth terminal mostly GE, and also seeing and talking to the drivers on the road. The last time that I was at their terminal it looked like a New Penn terminal with all of the green New Penn trailers sitting there hooked to their trucks. I would say at least six trailers.
Your second point, yes we cover most of the area, and we do pick up some freight that does go to New Penn. It was billed out threw Holland though.
And your last point, I would not take that kind of pay cut. :smilie_132:

glad your not confused, so one good p/u in that area that is npme freight, GE, GE is notorise for low freight rates, we had GE lighting in hagerstown for awhile truckloads a day but very low profit and with lights high possable unseen damage. guess who under bid us? carolina. long time ago and so were they. usa cartage in hagerstown never had more than 2 of our trailers at one time. and that was when we were so busy we dropped late at night and they were gone for the day. i dont know dodworths total operation or what they have ,just useing the concept i have stated for why cartage companys are used. freight billed out through holland though means 3 way split of some propotion, so all in all, know real profitable p/u's to speak of to make delivering the freight we give them worth delivering ourself. i,m not management, but we are profitable even today, and keep the regional groups o/r positve because of npme and there business practices, like it or not. npme will not change there way they do business, and i hope they don't, but people not doing what they are payed top dollar to do, could easily end it for all. my last point, is i agree with you i'm not ever driveing in the northeast nightly for any money less than i get now.

kinda confused, iof you can break even, by passing it along to another in house company, then making a small profit and letting a non union company make profit, why would you pass it along to the them? The hell with them, its about us. We who do everything for the ltl sector.