FedEx Freight | New rule??

trucker12

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard a new rumor that a new driver rule was inacted this past December new rule if a driver is in a weather related accident he or she is disqualified for 3 yrs no matter his or her driving record and may reapply to an office position or the dock but will not be allowed to drive?? this is a strange one anyone else hear this one??

Heard a new rumor that a new driver rule was inacted this past December new rule if a driver is in a weather related accident he or she is disqualified for 3 yrs no matter his or her driving record and may reapply to an office position or the dock but will not be allowed to drive?? this is a strange one anyone else hear this one??

We will find out real soon, just had a driver put a set in the ditch last week. Sounds to me like if that rumor is true, if it snows, it's :couch:time. Why would anybody want to risk that when you can call off, take an occurrence and come back to work the next day???:guiness:

thats what i do if its real bad out, and there is hundreds of wrecks everywhere, i dont play there games anymore

I believe this to be true. We've had two weather related (snow) incidents in our region and both drivers were let go. The buzz at my center is that this rumor is unofficially true. Don't drive if u don't feel safe.

I believe this to be true. We've had two weather related (snow) incidents in our region and both drivers were let go. The buzz at my center is that this rumor is unofficially true. Don't drive if u don't feel safe.

It doesn't have anything to do with feeling safe. Whenever I go out on snow or ice, I feel very safe about my driving ability's, it's the other guy you have to worry about. If you're driving down the road on snow or ice, and a car is passing you, just as he is about to get around you, he loses it on the ice right in front of you, you don't have a lot of choices. Sometimes you can get around his spinning car and sometimes you cant. Why should we be punished for something they (forced) us to (attempt) in the first place???

Yes. As of late we are. Use to be 3 strikes your out but I think everyone here will agree that it could easily be one strike and your out
Depending on the circumstances. My Conway friend says you roll a set and you're fired irreguardless of the circumstances.:wtflol: Just a sign of the times I guess.:sadwavey:With manufacturing leaving this country at the rate it is, you better be able to create it, design it, sell it, or transport it.

If safety considers it a severe accident (roll-over,rear ender or some intersection accidents)they will give you the 3 year suspension.You can appeal the suspension,but I'm not sure of the success rate.Safety puts together a group of upper exec's from different regions to decide your fate.Weather is not an excuse unless maybe a tornado blows you over.This policy change was aimed at preventing these types of accidents,but the change was not advertised well.

From what I was told They review your whole time here and your file will haunt you, nothing leaves, once it is in writing it stays till you leave.All things in the past will rear it's ugly head if a serious accident occurs. They do not fire you they suspend you from driving for FDX even the hostler and all your left with is part-time dock work! It's a scary time in life right now and all you can do is your best and hope good luck is behind you! Slow down do it right the first time and truck it safe better to be late than not here at all.

I have heard that if it is a "reportable accident" ,meaning that you have to get towed, you will ge disqualified. Heard that the new point system that our federal government has put into action, if its reportable the points will go against the company and the driver. So if fed ex disqualifies you the points dont go against the company.. Don't know if this is true ,but I have heard this from a number of drivers...

If it gets that bad just pull over and rest its not worth it. They can come and pick you up if you determine that the Ice, snow or idiots are too dangerous You are the captain of the truck.Remember two things Be Careful and GO BEARS

it's just a rumor. I used to run line haul and hear all kinds of garbage that wasnt true. Guys just like to stir the S*&T pot up. Guys with long runs with nothing to do but think on how the company is "out to get them". I am not a company man. I could careless about FedEx Freight. I had a job before this place and I will have a job after I leave here. This place is only a small fraction of my life. I get paid great here, I wont lie. I am not going to let this place dangle a carrot in front of my place and make me feel like a horse trying to win a race. I will find another line of work if I had to. So if the company S*#T cans me or a stupid accident, so be it. I will find another job.

I have heard that if it is a "reportable accident" ,meaning that you have to get towed, you will ge disqualified. Heard that the new point system that our federal government has put into action, if its reportable the points will go against the company and the driver. So if fed ex disqualifies you the points dont go against the company.. Don't know if this is true ,but I have heard this from a number of drivers...

not true, once you have a federal ticket on record as opposed to a state ticket which doesn't go onto the point system, in goes on both yours and theirs record and even if they push you out they still carry the points.