FedEx Freight | New rule??

Here's my question DOT says its up to the driver and they can't be punished for saying it's not safe to go. But the company says you have to make an attempt. Which do we go by? I had a night where it took over an hour to get it all hooked up then 30 min just to make it to the gate. I knew the roads were horrible from having come in to work. I said it wasn't safe to go I was told by central that I have to get to the highway first.

I don't want to be part of this "new world". Is that the attitude your truck driving school taught you? My dad raised me to have pride in what I do and do it to the best of my ability. No where in this upbringing did he tell me to wuss out because the weather is too bad.
Having pride in what you do has nothing to do with not wanting to drive in a snowstorm. I quess your dad never said anything about common sense because when the state patrol says stay off of the highways unless it is an emergency I would think that common sense would override the billybigrigger attitude but in your case I think you have sniffed too much diseal fuel. I'll drive in snow too, as long as I can make it to work but I'm not dumb enough to try an jepordize my life and someone else's trying to go to work just because my Dad might call me a wuss. Grow up and quit being a moron.

You guys are mixing apples and oranges here. Some are saying any snow, others are saying state of emergency snow. There is a difference.

If the state issues a warning to stay off the road, just short of closing the highway, sure, stay home. If it's a normal day with a couple inches expected, get you chicken ::shit:: ass to work.

Once you get your scared donkey working, report to work yourself.

Guardrail said:
You guys are mixing apples and oranges here. Some are saying any snow, others are saying state of emergency snow. There is a difference.

If the state issues a warning to stay off the road, just short of closing the highway, sure, stay home. If it's a normal day with a couple inches expected, get you chicken ::shit:: ass to work.

Once you get your scared donkey working, report to work yourself.

Go dry your vagina out. <----- line of the day

I'm not mixing apples and oranges but I get tired of the attitude of some of these morons on here saying that they can drive thru hell and high water and that if others don't they are wussies. Do your job as a moderator and quit adding fuel to the fire! If someone doesn't feel safe to go into work they shouldn't have to. Down here in the south a couple of inches of snow is hazardous because they don't clean the roads worth a hoot and I for one am not going to jepordize my job or life just to make my boss proud. So I quess I'l just sit my chicken ::shit:: ass at home and leave the super trucking to you billybigriggers.:TR10driving03:

birddog , we know what our jobs are here as moderators, please don't attack my staff.

birddog said:
Do your job as a moderator and quit adding fuel to the fire!

Has something been done that needs moderating? If so, please report the post.

FYI-As a moderator, I still have opinions and am encouraged to express them.

If someone doesn't feel safe to go into work they shouldn't have to.

Safety isn't the discussion here. Job preservation has been the main topic. There's a big difference.

So I quess I'l just sit my chicken ::shit:: ass at home and leave the super trucking to you billybigriggers.:TR10driving03:

You edited out my last line. Sense of humor, try it sometime.

Hey t the quicker you realize that fedex freight don't give a crap about any of the drivers here the better off you will be. you say that's not right well let me tell you what happened to me. I was asked my opinion on the merger and when I gave it which was nothing out of line the guy turned it around into a lie and after 20 years with nothing and I mean nothing in my file they said your gone. I even had 2 drivers that heard the whole conversation and told them nothing was said outa line. they are looking for a way to get rid of all the road drivers they can. They think you guys are over paid and under worked. so just watch your butt and realize they can a nd will let you go for little of nothing.