FedEx Freight | New rule??

Some of you guys need to pull your head out of the sand, they are disqualifing drivers for 3 yrs REGARDLESS OF DRIVING RECORD and then telling them they have no openings on dock (starving you out) DON'T DRIVE IN INCLEMENT WEATHER

Some of you guys need to pull your head out of the sand, they are disqualifing drivers for 3 yrs REGARDLESS OF DRIVING RECORD and then telling them they have no openings on dock (starving you out) DON'T DRIVE IN INCLEMENT WEATHER

Yep. To all those guys who say "Oh this is BS" and "those guys must have had previous accidents", I have seen people get disqualified for a severe accident, all went off into the ditch on ice and in high winds. Not one, but a number of them so far this winter, none of them had previous accidents. You can say what you want, I have seen this happen myself. So whether you think it's just a rumor or a fact, just be careful.

I'm scared to share the road with some of you pansey asses. I can remember running on roads where my Texas bumper was pushing 6 inches of snow. What the hell has happened to get the job done? I am a truck driver. I drive on any road, in any conditions. Why do you think we get over .50 cents a mile? It's not to sit at home and whine that we can't drive in 3 inches of snow.

I'm scared to share the road with some of you pansey asses. I can remember running on roads where my Texas bumper was pushing 6 inches of snow. What the hell has happened to get the job done? I am a truck driver. I drive on any road, in any conditions. Why do you think we get over .50 cents a mile? It's not to sit at home and whine that we can't drive in 3 inches of snow. P u ss ies!
Sounds like billy bigrigger to me, I don't believe that we have Texas bumpers the last time I checked. Once it turns to ice no billy bigrigger experience can control the ice. I've seen drivers with over 30 years experience mess up on ice, so I wouldn't brag too much if I were you.:bananapartyhat:

Sounds like billy bigrigger to me, I don't believe that we have Texas bumpers the last time I checked. Once it turns to ice no billy bigrigger experience can control the ice. I've seen drivers with over 30 years experience mess up on ice, so I wouldn't brag too much if I were you.:bananapartyhat:

It's just funny how when you tell people that if you have an accident such as a roll over, they will charge you with a severe preventable and disqualify you for 3 years, that's the new rule, so be careful. And all you hear from them is how awesome they are, and how bad the weather is where they drive and how everyone here is scared. The thread is about the way FedEx looks at accidents now, not about where the weather is the worst and who drives how fast in how many inches of snow.

It's just funny how when you tell people that if you have an accident such as a roll over, they will charge you with a severe preventable and disqualify you for 3 years, that's the new rule, so be careful. And all you hear from them is how awesome they are, and how bad the weather is where they drive and how everyone here is scared. The thread is about the way FedEx looks at accidents now, not about where the weather is the worst and who drives how fast in how many inches of snow.
Bottom line is you have to do what you need to do to protect your job.If its stay home in bad weather then then I stay home.I'll still have a job tomorrow.

and I'll bet he was only makeing 18cpm.who cares about a dime a dozen driving job,I use to do it to when I was young and dumb.I can't tell you how many times since then,that I have shut down a few hours waiting for the salt trucks to get it done only to pass the billy boy in a ditch,they don't pay you to shut down for your own safety only,they expect you to be professional and protect the public, there freight and equipment.and need be stay home.so go ahead and run my freight while I sit here at home in front of the fireplace watching it snow.let it snow,let it snow,I don't go

Sounds like billy bigrigger to me, I don't believe that we have Texas bumpers the last time I checked. Once it turns to ice no billy bigrigger experience can control the ice.

If wasn't here, that's why I was "remembering".

Ice and snow are 2 different animals. I will park it on ice. Snow is hazerdous, but I am a truck driver. If you can't drive in snow, turn in your keys you bunch of pantie wastes.

If wasn't here, that's why I was "remembering".

Ice and snow are 2 different animals. I will park it on ice. Snow is hazerdous, but I am a truck driver. If you can't drive in snow, turn in your keys you bunch of pantie wastes.
I think you will have to come up with another train of thought. That's old mentality and yes we are 4 season drivers,but this is the new world of sue happy ambulance chasing lawyers and will take everything you have.So its a gamble that you have to take yourself and live with the after affects if you where to be in a accident. The company is only protecting there self to get rid of you. They will not go to bat for you as the plaintiff is suing you after they sue Fedex.So go ahead and pat yourself on the back that you drove on the snow but all it takes is a 4 wheeler to run into you and your on saftey hold for the other person along with now csa2010 points attached to you. It doesn't have to be even your fault for them points. So we are all going to have to adapt to DO I WANT TO PUT MYSELF IN THAT POSITION. I think I'll sit the 5 or 6 snowstorms a year at the house and be the panty waist you so call it but I'll still have my job for thinking of my well being. All it takes is 1 screw up and all those years driving and toys you have are gone for life. You will never land another job of this magnitude. And shame on Fedex for putting us in the position to drive in those conditions. I guarantee they have a weather delay on the freight already to protect them. Its just a number chasing manager thats puts you in the position to choose to go or stay home.

Gator said:
I think you will have to come up with another train of thought. That's old mentality and yes we are 4 season drivers,but this is the new world of sue happy ambulance chasing lawyers and will take everything you have.So its a gamble that you have to take yourself and live with the after affects if you where to be in a accident. The company is only protecting there self to get rid of you. They will not go to bat for you as the plaintiff is suing you after they sue Fedex.So go ahead and pat yourself on the back that you drove on the snow but all it takes is a 4 wheeler to run into you and your on saftey hold for the other person along with now csa2010 points attached to you. It doesn't have to be even your fault for them points. So we are all going to have to adapt to DO I WANT TO PUT MYSELF IN THAT POSITION. I think I'll sit the 5 or 6 snowstorms a year at the house and be the panty waist you so call it but I'll still have my job for thinking of my well being. All it takes is 1 screw up and all those years driving and toys you have are gone for life. You will never land another job of this magnitude. And shame on Fedex for putting us in the position to drive in those conditions. I guarantee they have a weather delay on the freight already to protect them. Its just a number chasing manager thats puts you in the position to choose to go or stay home.

I'm not a suck up type of person and last night on my return it got very slippery but I made it by going slow and easy. Saw one Fedex freight in an accident but all I saw was one trailer being towed so don't know what happen. This was in OK on I40 W of OK city. A lot of cars and trucks passed me going faster. They drive their stuff , I drive mine!!!

I was in an accident in 2008 hit by a 4 wheeler. Myself and Fedex were sued. Fedex hired the lawyer to go to court. It went all the way. We won. I was never even put on safety hold. I was the one hit by the car. I don't know what would happen now but they treated me right then.

You just have to do what you feel is safe. Bottom line.

I'm not a suck up type of person and last night on my return it got very slippery but I made it by going slow and easy. Saw one Fedex freight in an accident but all I saw was one trailer being towed so don't know what happen. This was in OK on I40 W of OK city. A lot of cars and trucks passed me going faster. They drive their stuff , I drive mine!!!

I was in an accident in 2008 hit by a 4 wheeler. Myself and Fedex were sued. Fedex hired the lawyer to go to court. It went all the way. We won. I was never even put on safety hold. I was the one hit by the car. I don't know what would happen now but they treated me right then.

You just have to do what you feel is safe. Bottom line.
I'll put it in this perspective,your only as good as your terminal manager wants you to be. Worthless your lucky,where I'm out of your put on safety hold as soon as you return then wait for the out come. We just had a driver as they say disqualified(even though its fired) and from his lips(the driver) the line haul manager called him and said Safety disqualified you and heres the number if you want to appeal. then click hung up on him. Now thats the guy thats got my back. This just happened in last weeks snow storm on I74. Rolled the back pup. 18 years down the drain.Now do we blame the driver,or the states that are broke and not keeping the roads properly clean?

Wow and to think our biggest winter complaint here in the west is, why are we pulling triples today........ instead of I can't go because the roads are bad....If I sat home every day it snowed and it turned to ice I would not work half the winter... IMO winter driving comes with the territory...

Wow and to think our biggest winter complaint here in the west is, why are we pulling triples today........ instead of I can't go because the roads are bad....If I sat home every day it snowed and it turned to ice I would not work half the winter... IMO winter driving comes with the territory...
you can chain up in the west not the east. I'm not complaining about driving in the snow. Its just to easy to be fired for having a wreck because of winter conditions.

Gator said:
Its just to easy to be fired for having a wreck because of winter conditions.

It's just as easy to get fired for not doing your job, you know, truck driver. I didn't see a bad weather clause when I hired on.