FedEx Freight | New rules and policies

one board system

I checked with someone in management about the one board thing and I was told that as far as he knew there is no plan to go to that system. This person would know and I see no reason for him to lie to me. I already know what you all are thinking " he is full of s". If you are FedEx do you want a angry road driver doing a p&d run after he was forced off of the road where he was happy or a p&d driver running the road if he was happy running days. That would not make for very productive employees.
dock driver you need to look at all the unhappy people here already .Ive been here fifteen years and seen alot change dont hardly seem like anybody is happy with this place anymore.This company has the ability to be one of the best there is but seem to deviate from rules make them up as you go . It will catch up with them one of these days .I went from number 2 man to number 13 in linehaul reconfig and have 4 weeks of vac time only to bid behind drivers that only have 2 weeks .Where is that right I dont blame the drivers i blame the company .

I checked with someone in management about the one board thing and I was told that as far as he knew there is no plan to go to that system. This person would know and I see no reason for him to lie to me. I already know what you all are thinking " he is full of s". If you are FedEx do you want a angry road driver doing a p&d run after he was forced off of the road where he was happy or a p&d driver running the road if he was happy running days. That would not make for very productive employees.[/QUOTE]

So it is what Fedex wants, another "purple first" moment. and let me fill in the part of your conversation with your management friend you forgot to post............"Man, i sure hope they don't go to the one board system because that would suck for ME, It was awesome getting hired and instantly having more seniority than all those guys on that other board"..........Fedex and all you guys against the one board need to understand that this is the right way and that one day, when YOU have put in your time, you will appreciate that the company you work for respects your seniority, and hopefully YOU will respect others seniority.

I checked with someone in management about the one board thing and I was told that as far as he knew there is no plan to go to that system. This person would know and I see no reason for him to lie to me. I already know what you all are thinking " he is full of s". If you are FedEx do you want a angry road driver doing a p&d run after he was forced off of the road where he was happy or a p&d driver running the road if he was happy running days. That would not make for very productive employees.

So it is what Fedex wants, another "purple first" moment. and let me fill in the part of your conversation with your management friend you forgot to post............"Man, i sure hope they don't go to the one board system because that would suck for ME, It was awesome getting hired and instantly having more seniority than all those guys on that other board"..........Fedex and all you guys against the one board need to understand that this is the right way and that one day, when YOU have put in your time, you will appreciate that the company you work for respects your seniority, and hopefully YOU will respect others seniority.

Very well put Viking .If the shoe was on the other foot they would be all for it .But its all about me .No morals any more as long as it dont affect me who cares.

I just wanted to pass on the info I found out. I do respect seniority. I have been here for 5and a half years. I was a p&d driver for 14 years before coming here. I was an owner operator for 8 of those years running a local p&d run during the day and running 3 line hauls a week at night. I paid my dues in this industry, I saw all of the hiring FedEx was doing and realized that the OT was coming to an end. I just planned for it. Don't assume that I got hired here and got handed anything. I am not trying to disrespect you, but if you want my respect please give it back. For better or worse we are all in this together, if you want to take a shot at me I am a big boy and I can answer back. I just thought instead of being on here guessing about any changes maybe I would check with someone I trust to tell me the truth. bareft40, what happened to you sucks and I am sorry for that, I give you the respect you deserve as a senior driver to me. If this place goes to a single board system, I will see where I stand and make my choice then. Hopefully things will change and get better. Until then we all have choices to make. It is a bad time for a lot of people right now, me included.

Yeah that would be terrible if it went to a one board.
I have a janitor here who has more seniority than I.
Matter of fact, he's been here longer than the service
center manager.
And I have more seniority than the service center manager
as well. I guess we know who will be doing the moping if that
happends. He'll have no choice!
From SCM to janitor in a flush of a toilet.

janitor.jpg

:hysterical:
Yeah that would be terrible if it went to a one board.
I have a janitor here who has more seniority than I.
Matter of fact, he's been here longer than the service
center manager.
And I have more seniority than the service center manager
as well. I guess we know who will be doing the moping if that
happends. He'll have no choice!
From SCM to janitor in a flush of a toilet.

janitor.jpg
:hysterical:THANK YOU!I loved your post.:biglaugh:

dock driver wasnt trying to step on your toes if u feel i was well i apologize . i was not taking a shot at you .I dont belive i took a shot at you our disrespected you in anyway sorry you feel that way.

####VIKING, I do respect seniority. When the bid the run I am on now it was posted. The guy who got the other bid with me was here for 6 weeks. The guys above me had the same chance at the spot I did, sorry they had a better chance because they had senority on me and chose to stay where they were. The policy we have now was in place when I was hired 5 and a half years ago. The fact that the company hired a crap load of drivers to cut the OT is not any drivers fault. If your are getting screwed by the way things are being done now, that is not my fault. I have been trucking for a long time and I give respect where it is due by what you do and how you do it and not how long you have been doing it. Sorry again bareft40.

dock driver you need to look at all the unhappy people here already .Ive been here fifteen years and seen alot change dont hardly seem like anybody is happy with this place anymore.This company has the ability to be one of the best there is but seem to deviate from rules make them up as you go . It will catch up with them one of these days .I went from number 2 man to number 13 in linehaul reconfig and have 4 weeks of vac time only to bid behind drivers that only have 2 weeks .Where is that right I dont blame the drivers i blame the company .
I too went from 36 out of 100 to the bottom of the road board, that is the system that is in place, I knew it then and I made my choice.

I'm guessing from what you said that others transferred in above you with board seniority and pushed you down, sorry for your misfortune, but it could be worse, we had several forced to transfer that were not at the bottom of the board but had less co time than a few who came out to the road recently.

FM

FRESNO, CALIF. THURSDAY LINE MEETING 08/07/08

WHY WOULD A SPOKESMAN FOR THE COMPANY STATE AT A DRIVER'S
MEETING REGARDING THE NEW KIOSK USAGE FOR LUNCHES STATE THE
COMPANY HAS ALREADY FIGURED IT WOULD BE IN THE BEST INTEREST
IF THE COMPANY HAD THE "U". INVOLVED. ALSO STATED IT WOULD BE
EASILER FOR THE COMPANY. AND THEY ARE COUNTING ON IT?

I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT THREAD BUT THE
QUESTION NEEDS A RESPONSE HERE. SINCE THE TOPIC STATES THE OBVIOUS. (CHANGES, POLICIES REGS RULES ETC.)

ALL MANAGEMENT'S COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED

REGARDS,
FED UP FRED
skullsteel1.jpg

PLEASE DONT BAN FUF!
CUZ I BRUSHED MY 2 TEEF

well, it may look like they get their wish, if any of the rumors I hear are true, and from what I know personally, they are very true.!!

familyman i took a lateral move moved from one terminal to another i never changed job class went from one terminal to another all along always on the road .So i never did a job classifactoin change .But low and behold the company made my transfer date of of 07/11/04 my new job class and lost 12 spots because of this on the road board .I wouldve understood if i had transfered from the city to the road for the job class date change but i didnt make a change from road to city or vice versa i have always been a road driver since 08/94 there for in my thinking i shouldve never lost 12 spots on the road board.And nobody from the terminal manager or HR has an answer for me .

well, it may look like they get their wish, if any of the rumors I hear are true, and from what I know personally, they are very true.!!

im not sure as to what youre getting at ole man please explain .Been out side workin all day kinda slowin down here lol

familyman i took a lateral move moved from one terminal to another i never changed job class went from one terminal to another all along always on the road .So i never did a job classification change .But low and behold the company made my transfer date of of 07/11/04 my new job class and lost 12 spots because of this on the road board .I would've understood if i had transfered from the city to the road for the job class date change but i didn't make a change from road to city or vice versa i have always been a road driver since 08/94 there for in my thinking i shouldve never lost 12 spots on the road board.And nobody from the terminal manager or HR has an answer for me .
Unfortunately terminal transfers are treated the same as board transfers, we have had a few here, one driver (from what I've been told) transfered due to a family member being ill, then transfered back after they passed, and as the policy is went to the bottom.
I think for family emergencies there should be a temporary transfer allowed that way you don't lose your seniority while looking after/ helping your family.

FM