FedEx Freight | New rules and policies

I worked at Saia for 15 years now no longer. It was the best thing ever happened to me is getting out of that fn place. Well I applied at FEDEX FREIGHT in Jax and talked to Garrie the TM. I also asked him about yalls senority deal if it was all be considered p&d and linehaul able to jump back and forth using senority he said no that is going to be the same p&d senority and linehaul can not move and keep it. Great company was offered the job. But at this time I currently drive for Bridgestone/Firestone. I make same as I did in linehaul at Saia and get Thursdays,Fridays, and Saturdays off every week. Love it. Just my 2 cents yall be safe they call me rewind be good see ya on the road........

jeff, please let's get one thing straight. I'm not here to help the company out. I'm here to make a living! And exactly what sacrificing are you talking about for city drivers? Because I worked nights, dock, afternoons and getting home at 10:00 pm by choice because I needed the money not because I was making a sacrifice. If city drivers are in position now where they need to make more money as you stated, than the should do it as the rest of us did! Not by stepping in front of the line.. the rules are the rules..thats the way seniority works my friend! AS far as " who knows what down the road what life will bring?" I've been working my way up from the bottom for 22 yrs (many different fright companies) and I try not to make bad bid choices (road or city) on the front side, so they don't make me want to change the rules later! So you see Jeff seniority IS pretty simple! just follow it and try not to change it to suite your needs!!! PS LIBERALISM is a mental disorder, I agree!!!!

Wow slip....sounds like your current situation suites YOUR NEEDS, many different jobs over 22 years !!. Now if you had the 22 at one company you would be singing a different tune. So it's people like you that don't respect seniority and don't care what system is in place for the up and coming brothers (and sisters). So don't accuse for cutting in line, accuse yourself for being greedy and selfish.

If you had been in LTL all these years, you too may have worked at couple......Or you would be very lucky. In case you haven't noticed there aren't 150 LTL companies out there anymore....I respect seniority, thats why I worked up from the bottom as opposed to asking you to change the rules to suit my needs when I was new to AF...

PS I thought we left greedy and selfish on the play ground...

Respect

Wow slip....sounds like your current situation suites YOUR NEEDS, many different jobs over 22 years !!. Now if you had the 22 at one company you would be singing a different tune. So it's people like you that don't respect seniority and don't care what system is in place for the up and coming brothers (and sisters). So don't accuse for cutting in line, accuse yourself for being greedy and selfish.

what does #### mean .....

and your talking about RESPECT

I guess I come from a different place.

What will they say next!

A COMMENT MADE OUT WEST BY MANAGEMENT FROM HARRISON DURING A MEETING

FRESNO, CALIF. THURSDAY LINE MEETING 08/07/08

WHY WOULD A SPOKESMAN FOR THE COMPANY STATE AT A DRIVER'S
MEETING REGARDING THE NEW KIOSK USAGE FOR LUNCHES STATE THE
COMPANY HAS ALREADY FIGURED IT WOULD BE IN THE BEST INTEREST
IF THE COMPANY HAD THE "U". INVOLVED. ALSO STATED IT WOULD BE
EASILER FOR THE COMPANY. AND THEY ARE COUNTING ON IT?

I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT THREAD BUT THE
QUESTION NEEDS A RESPONSE HERE. SINCE THE TOPIC STATES THE OBVIOUS. (CHANGES, POLICIES REGS RULES ETC.)

ALL MANAGEMENT'S COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED

REGARDS,
FED UP FRED
skullsteel1.jpg

PLEASE DONT BAN FUF!
CUZ I BRUSHED MY 2 TEEF

Since # represent numbers and * asteriks censor a word, I'm sure you can figure that out....but then again, I have read some of your post so maybe not.
Gee.... this is funny ... I ask a direct question ...and look what I got for a answer. ..... :sheep:

lets be realistic, 1 seniority board would not be in the best interest of the company it would force line drivers into working p&d who know nothing about that job as well as force p&d drivers into working line working night runs that they have no experience doing. all it would do is create a HOG BOARD,during good weather these drivers would drive line ,during bad weather they would stay in the city and force drivers with no snow and adverse driving experience onto line. that would cause more accidents, deaths of our drivers and the general public. also the cost of repairing or replacing the equipment .not a cost saving idea to me. most of all it would cause fights and resentment between drivers who have been in one job classification to be bumped out or down into a job that they can't earn a living at. just another way people use to keep us fighting between ourselves so they can slip something else past us and start the cycle all over again.

lets be realistic, 1 seniority board would not be in the best interest of the company it would force line drivers into working p&d who know nothing about that job as well as force p&d drivers into working line working night runs that they have no experience doing. all it would do is create a HOG BOARD,during good weather these drivers would drive line ,during bad weather they would stay in the city and force drivers with no snow and adverse driving experience onto line. that would cause more accidents, deaths of our drivers and the general public. also the cost of repairing or replacing the equipment .not a cost saving idea to me. most of all it would cause fights and resentment between drivers who have been in one job classification to be bumped out or down into a job that they can't earn a living at. just another way people use to keep us fighting between ourselves so they can slip something else past us and start the cycle all over again.

saddlebum :1036316054:

For all the reasons stated above, this may be yet another bright idea implemented by the company, just like the 1 minute shut down rule.
If it don't make any sense then it means it is a sure thing.

:smilie_132:

saddlebum :1036316054:

For all the reasons stated above, this may be yet another bright idea implemented by the company, just like the 1 minute shut down rule.
If it don't make any sense then it means it is a sure thing.

:smilie_132:

FINALLY WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!:hysterical:

this is ltl you should already know how to do p&d, and linehaul, if not learn how to, niether one is that difficult. that is just a lame excuse not to have one board

what is the seniority policy at Express?
Everything is on the bid system. Route bids and vacation by employee ID number. Job class transfers / promotions the same. A part time package handler could work his way up to Station Manager or as high in the Co. as he wanted to go in theory. Jobs bid internally at each station, if no one takes it then it opens to the entire company by employee ID. Seniority rules the roost over there.

Everything is on the bid system. Route bids and vacation by employee ID number. Job class transfers / promotions the same. A part time package handler could work his way up to Station Manager or as high in the Co. as he wanted to go in theory. Jobs bid internally at each station, if no one takes it then it opens to the entire company by employee ID. Seniority rules the roost over there.

thanks.... very interesting

I read job class seniortiy from what you have said ....then everone else falls in line ....

I read job class seniority from what you have said ....then everyone else falls in line ....
If a lower ranked employee has a lower ID# (more seniority), he can bump the higher ranked higher ID# employee (less seniority). Route bids and vacation are seniority period.

However, if two drivers bid on the same job (ie: ops manager) it is possible for the employee with less seniority to bump the senior if he has previous job experience in the field being applied for. This is at management's discretion. Hope I haven't confused you worse...

If a lower ranked employee has a lower ID# (more seniority), he can bump the higher ranked higher ID# employee (less seniority). Route bids and vacation are seniority period.

However, if two drivers bid on the same job (ie: ops manager) it is possible for the employee with less seniority to bump the senior if he has previous job experience in the field being applied for. This is at management's discretion. Hope I haven't confused you worse...
Dang, there went the whole seniority thing.....back to square one.

FM

I checked with someone in management about the one board thing and I was told that as far as he knew there is no plan to go to that system. This person would know and I see no reason for him to lie to me. I already know what you all are thinking " he is full of s". If you are FedEx do you want a angry road driver doing a p&d run after he was forced off of the road where he was happy or a p&d driver running the road if he was happy running days. That would not make for very productive employees.