FedEx Freight | New rules and policies

In my very own opinion... Here is my two cents on this. Both senority types are beneficial to certain employees because of different matters. It could be discussed and argued until we are all dust in the wind. Personally, as a manager, One senority board would cut out a lot of the confusion and mistakes that are made from the front line supervision. The Red Shirts in this company catch a lot of smack for some of the things they do... But, for a young man, women or even seasoned supervisor to walk in to all of this technoligy, rules, regulations, compliance, customer service and also try to be a professional in operations, it is very easy to screw up. It took me many years and actually sitting down and reading the linehaul manual before I understood most of how things are to be done. I still am confused at times, but know people that I can go to and get it all straight.

Now, on the other hand.. I don't feel it's right to change the senority policy at this point.. It should have been one board from the get-go.. but changing it now is just as bad as Obama reversing his views after winning the primary.

I feel that our senority policy should be explain to all applicants very thoroughly.. This way, everyone knows before they are hired on, as well as an explanation of the transfer policy.. If everyone was in complete understanding from the get-go.. we would not be having this discussion.

In my very own opinion... Here is my two cents on this. Both senority types are beneficial to certain employees because of different matters. It could be discussed and argued until we are all dust in the wind. Personally, as a manager, One senority board would cut out a lot of the confusion and mistakes that are made from the front line supervision. The Red Shirts in this company catch a lot of smack for some of the things they do... But, for a young man, women or even seasoned supervisor to walk in to all of this technoligy, rules, regulations, compliance, customer service and also try to be a professional in operations, it is very easy to screw up. It took me many years and actually sitting down and reading the linehaul manual before I understood most of how things are to be done. I still am confused at times, but know people that I can go to and get it all straight.

Now, on the other hand.. I don't feel it's right to change the senority policy at this point.. It should have been one board from the get-go.. but changing it now is just as bad as Obama reversing his views after winning the primary.

I feel that our senority policy should be explain to all applicants very thoroughly.. This way, everyone knows before they are hired on, as well as an explanation of the transfer policy.. If everyone was in complete understanding from the get-go.. we would not be having this discussion.

With me, I knew, and I accepted it, but I am human like everyone else on here and even though I knew what I was getting into it still wasn't easy to watch a guy with less than a year get 4 runs a night, I had nothing against that guy and I like him to this day, we are all human though. Alot of guys don't understand what all the hub bub is till something happens and they have to make a change, if and when that happens, they will know up front whats happening, they will accept it, but will they like it? I doubt it, that old human will come out in them just like it did me and all those b-4 me. Bottom line is a person can know up front and accept the rules, that doesn't mean that they have to like it.

Some of you guys need to wake up and smell the coffee on this seniority issue. Take a deep breath, relax, take yourself out of the picture and what do you see......a one board seniority !!...... very simple. Oh wait, that is the problem, your in the picture.
Oh ...I thought it was you in the picture! ....:smilie_132: ...Job class seniority ...ya thats right ....:1036316054: I'm telling ya ..that coffee sure smells good ... and maybe a sweat roll to go with it.. :funky:

It just amazes me that some can care less about seniority and are willing to throw it away when changing job class or transfering. This is something we have earned and should be respected, but their seems to be some that dont quite understand this yet. I read someones post saying they started at the bottem on city, put in 6 yrs and then went to line for 5. he seemed to be pretty happy with the 5 yrs on line and was against having 11 yrs bidding seniority.....sorry, but i dont get it. And sorry slack, no little cartoons for ya....I was lucky to get all this typed out.

we can go at this for ever

It just amazes me that some can care less about seniority and are willing to throw it away when changing job class or transfering. This is something we have earned and should be respected, but their seems to be some that dont quite understand this yet. I read someones post saying they started at the bottem on city, put in 6 yrs and then went to line for 5. he seemed to be pretty happy with the 5 yrs on line and was against having 11 yrs bidding seniority.....sorry, but i dont get it. And sorry slack, no little cartoons for ya....I was lucky to get all this typed out.
No little funnies for you this time either ...It seems that you don't get out much ....... go look around .....Job class senority seems to be the norm , military, I remember time in grade, (sorry smoke example only, no discussion, delete it if you need to) a union shop that I worked in for 8 years was job class, we are job class, then you have the good ole boy system (nothing there called senority). maybe I've not been around the block as much as you have ......but this is what I've seen

I think I have paid my dues in job class, sitting by the phone waiting on work, none to come, taking all the crap runs just to work ..I could go on but for you whats the use.

It's ok Slack you were using it properly.
And you know the rules and abide by them.

Thank you / Smoke

No little funnies for you this time either ...It seems that you don't get out much ....... go look around .....Job class senority seems to be the norm , military, I remember time in grade, (sorry smoke example only, no discussion, delete it if you need to) a union shop that I worked in for 8 years was job class, we are job class, then you have the good ole boy system (nothing there called senority). maybe I've not been around the block as much as you have ......but this is what I've seen

I think I have paid my dues in job class, sitting by the phone waiting on work, none to come, taking all the crap runs just to work ..I could go on but for you whats the use.

Please dont slack......I'm still trying to make sense of what you just said.....but I give you props for making me read your reply 15 FRIGGIN times trying to understand what you just said. Go walk that block one more time :smilie_132:

Sailboat

Fed Up Fred :1036316054:

I also heard from a very reliable source that Fred S. is on the short list for McCain's VP slot.
As far as Fred S. stepping down as Chairman and CEO of FDX to take the VP job goes, it is my humble opinion that this would only work if the board of directors at FDX appointed me to the CEO position so I could fix all the problems that his vacuum would create.
My first priority would be to reinstate all former Viking Freight work rules and guidelines to keep the Sailboat on a steady growth path.

:smilie_132:
Vikings.jpg

WHAT'S THE 20 ON THE SAILBOAT....COME ON BACK?

JeepJerk, just thought I should let you know that three of the lowest in seniority city drivers have been running the road for at least a week and a half. Trust me I know. May want to check with your scm. You may be able to get in on the action for a short time. I don't always agree with everything you post but I feel your frustration, take a deep breath and choose your battles wisely. If you try to fight every fight your words slowly start to sound like "blah blah blah". I am not saying to compromise your beliefs, just think before you react. However, sometimes you need to let some stuff pass, life is not always fair.

i'll pass on the linehaul but thanks for the advice sometimes its hard for me to keep my mouth shut when i know i'm right or i see us getting screwed

Road Drivers did NOT transfer to the road to help out the company by sacrificing family time, they transferred for the money, plain and simple.

All employees here road or city have done their share of sacrificing, and if city drivers are in a position now where they need to make more $$$ they should be able to go where their Company Seniority takes them.

Who knows down the road what life will deal out to you, health reasons etc that will prevent you from going across state lines, does this driver deserve to lose his job or be slammed to the bottom of the city board or possibly worse?

Seniority is pretty simple, those without any have no concern for it but eventually will have some and be all for it
jeff, please let's get one thing straight. I'm not here to help the company out. I'm here to make a living! And exactly what sacrificing are you talking about for city drivers? Because I worked nights, dock, afternoons and getting home at 10:00 pm by choice because I needed the money not because I was making a sacrifice. If city drivers are in position now where they need to make more money as you stated, than the should do it as the rest of us did! Not by stepping in front of the line.. the rules are the rules..thats the way seniority works my friend! AS far as " who knows what down the road what life will bring?" I've been working my way up from the bottom for 22 yrs (many different fright companies) and I try not to make bad bid choices (road or city) on the front side, so they don't make me want to change the rules later! So you see Jeff seniority IS pretty simple! just follow it and try not to change it to suite your needs!!! PS LIBERALISM is a mental disorder, I agree!!!!

On this board I have heard drivers CRY about not getting to move to the front of the line on runs when they come to the road

Now that it seems that is not going to happen some are CRYING about not getting there vacation first.

Were you STUPID when you transfered to a different job class or what ....it was in the RULES then and it is in the RULES now

Since it was in the rules ....and this board is big on RULES being obeyed .... it looks to me like the FOUNDER would know the RULES of where he works .... since we are to know the rules where we play .... and set a good example ....

well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why are we even talking about 1 board seniority?

did someone from managment say it was going to happen?

i hope not because if i start at 10 now and some senior road drivers move to days i probably will be moved to 1200

WAIT!!!! You mean Fedex would change the rules of the game midstream, and not even inform us of those changes???

GET OUTTA HERE!!!!

why are we even talking about 1 board seniority?

did someone from managment say it was going to happen?

i hope not because if i start at 10 now and some senior road drivers move to days i probably will be moved to 1200

JEEP JERK :1036316054:

What is wrong with starting at noon???
Look at the upside.
You could be sleeping in late like the folks on welfare.

:hysterical: