ABF | New Rules as of today on Truckingboards

Also I lifted the previous bans on many users, some were real buttheads that I hope change their ways, others should have never been banned to begin with.. If you are banned and viewing this forum and want to be unbanned, just use the contact us link at the bottom of the forum and tell me who you were and your email address

Also I lifted the previous bans on many users, some were real buttheads that I hope change their ways, others should have never been banned to begin with.. If you are banned and viewing this forum and want to be unbanned, just use the contact us link at the bottom of the forum and tell me who you were and your email address

The simple solution/rule IMHO is to attack/debate/refute/challenge ideas and not individuals.

The simple solution/rule IMHO is to attack/debate/refute/challenge ideas and not individuals.
that's the whole issue ... no one will ever get on the wrong side of this forum for being passionate about what they believe .. Just be passionate without the personal attacks, Debate is good, Debate is healthy, being cordial does not mean you have to :butt kiss:

I like that..............and LISTEN to the other guy,...

Unless you're the Pope,.......or a minor Greek god,........you're not infallible,.....

The other guy MAY be right........

Primary Rule of Debate: "Never paint yourself into a corner, where your only defense of your position is to reduce the argument to personal insults...."

And , since we're human,....and the occasional insult will occur,........have a sense of humor about it. If you can make your opponent....laugh,......you have opened his mind a little......

You Are All Welcome,......and there's No Charge today for my Words of Wisdom,........although, in the future I may require a Credit Card....

Finally...thx Jeff!! :1036316054:

I know I’ve been guilty of personal attacks before but only after been provoked to the bitter end. I’m actually a pretty laid back person with thick skin but a man can only take so much!!

Question: if we feel we’re being attacked personally instead of our content, do we hit the “report” button or is this something that will be monitored internally? I understand this is a large site and it’s almost impossible to monitor everything but you also may not want to be inundated with reports either.

Thx for providing us with a sandbox to play in!!

Finally...thx Jeff!! :1036316054:

I know I’ve been guilty of personal attacks before but only after been provoked to the bitter end. I’m actually a pretty laid back person with thick skin but a man can only take so much!!

Question: if we feel we’re being attacked personally instead of our content, do we hit the “report” button or is this something that will be monitored internally? I understand this is a large site and it’s almost impossible to monitor everything but you also may not want to be inundated with reports either.

Thx for providing us with a sandbox to play in!!
personal attacks need to be reported, attacking back to a personal attack with a personal attack is the same for both users.
This is for posts made after yesterday 05/04/18. Older posts are exempt

Believe it or not I agree with train. The best thing about this site was that you could have your say battle it out and move forward. But like he said it’s your Site good luck.

Believe it or not I agree with train. The best thing about this site was that you could have your say battle it out and move forward. But like he said it’s your Site good luck.

Nothing in Jeff's "new rules" prevents "battling it out" as long as the battles are over ideas and not attacks on individuals. What's so hard to understand about that?

Believe it or not I agree with train. The best thing about this site was that you could have your say battle itoutsnd move forward. But like he said it’s your Site good luck.
Battling it out is great but what good does personal attacks do to participation rates. People being too intimidated to post does not make for a friendly atmosphere. remember how bad that site many years ago called teamster.net got? All they did was fight there, post pics of peoples houses etc... teamster.net is gone now

You guys create some of the best content ever and you know your ::shit:: and you guys are always welcome to post here because I like both of you personally but the personal attacks I think it will mean doom in the long run for this website. I have no intention of nit pickin people or temp banning people for telling people they are butt ugly or your post is stupid etc. I am only interested in personal uncalled for attacks, once one person personally attacks the thread goes to hell and when that thread is done a new thread starts and it starts all over again. Personal attacks on people that things have happened to them earlier in life, bad choices they made etc have nothing to do with ABF or a contract. I like you guys and appreciate your content and you are always welcome to post and visit here .

that's the whole issue ... no one will ever get on the wrong side of this forum for being passionate about what they believe .. Just be passionate without the personal attacks, Debate is good, Debate is healthy, being cordial does not mean you have to :butt kiss:
It is respect for other members opinions. And persuasion if your truly believe in your ideas, rather than belittling other members.

and @Muler you guys are not the only ones and I am not pointing exclusively the finger at you, there are plenty on this website that are doing it, my mods will moderate fairly, coincidentally unfair moderation is the #1 reason I have lost mods.

Nothing in Jeff's "new rules" prevents "battling it out" as long as the battles are over ideas and not attacks on individuals. What's so hard to understand about that?
Here is an example. I don’t like you in the first place I see you as a company man. You had no place to question my post. It was not addressed to you. I don’t go to your forum because of people like you. And it is not hard for me because your ideas mean nothing to me. Do we need to go back and look at things you have said to others? You have had your share of name calling. Jeff will moderate we don’t need you. There was that staying within the rules?

and @Muler you guys are not the only ones and I am not pointing exclusively the finger at you, there are plenty on this website that are doing it, my mods will moderate fairly, coincidentally unfair moderation is the #1 reason I have lost mods.
i didn’t take it as you were pointing at me. Should I have taken it that way?

yea but it's a member forum and there are no off limit zones for people to post their opinions even when they don't line up with my opinions. Most people on this forum know when another person does not like them but even with that said their are no no fly zones for anyone who follows the rules. The site is meant to be a welcoming place for any and all opinions, thats how I pay for the place and make a small profit every month for spending a big part of my time off from my regular job. I can't use a 7.95 a month shared hosting plan to host this website, they would run me off in 15 mins for using too many resources. My server bills are car payments because I use Premium SSD hard drives and lots of ram... I could go cheaper but it would slow down during busy times and I want people to get what they need when they need it. Advertising + Traffic = operating in the black. Advertising + no participation = money out of my pocket to run the site and after almost 2 decades of this it is not worth it to me to do that, I am getting old

Here is an example. I don’t like you in the first place I see you as a company man. You had no place to question my post. It was not addressed to you. I don’t go to your forum because of people like you. And it is not hard for me because your ideas mean nothing to me. Do we need to go back and look at things you have said to others? You have had your share of name calling. Jeff will moderate we don’t need you. There was that staying within the rules?

1) I couldn't care less whether you like me or not or how you see me. You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone on here.
2) I can question/challenge anyone's post as long as I do it in a respectful way and debate/challenge the content of the post.
3) I couldn't care less what forums you go to. That's absolutely none of my concern.
4) I couldn't care less whether my ideas mean anything or nothing to you, I'm free to express them just as you're free to express yours.
5) If you have posts of mine that you claim violate any of the forum rules you're perfectly free to report me.
6) I would tell you to have a nice day but I couldn't care less whether you do or not.

1) I couldn't care less whether you like me or not or how you see me. You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone on here.
2) I can question/challenge anyone's post as long as I do it in a respectful way and debate/challenge the content of the post.
3) I couldn't care less what forums you go to. That's absolutely none of my concern.
4) I couldn't care less whether my ideas mean anything or nothing to you, I'm free to express them just as you're free to express yours.
5) If you have posts of mine that you claim violate any of the forum rules you're perfectly free to report me.
6) I would tell you to have a nice day but I couldn't care less whether you do or not.
I could care less about what you like or don’t like. Your post lean the way of the company. And anyone can see that just from reading one of your very boring post.

Now #6 is a direct attack on me having a nice day and not the content of my post. Will this draw a ban for you? You seem frazzled I hope it doesn’t adversely affect your posting abilities.