ABF | New Rules as of today on Truckingboards

Now #6 is a direct attack on me having a nice day and not the content of my post. Will this draw a ban for you? You seem frazzled I hope it doesn’t adversely affect your posting abilities.

no , this would be an example of what would get him a ban

He said
6) I would tell you to have a nice day but I couldn't care less whether you do or not.

Now I will modify it to make it a temp ban offense

6) I would tell you to have a nice day but I couldn't care less whether you do or not because you are a piece of ::shit:: that lives at 555 maple lane and your whole family are meth heads

^^^^^^^^^^^
That is an example of a personal attack , if I banned every smart ass here I would have to ban everyone and then me last

I find it funny when some that can’t hold up in a debate runs to mod’s for help. Not once have I ever ask for help. But to me it appears that those that do should take a ong look at themselves in the mirror.

I could care less about what you like or don’t like. Your post lean the way of the company. And anyone can see that just from reading one of your very boring post.

Now #6 is a direct attack on me having a nice day and not the content of my post. Will this draw a ban for you? You seem frazzled I hope it doesn’t adversely affect your posting abilities.

You flatter yourself thinking that anything you say frazzles me.

I find it funny when some that can’t hold up in a debate runs to mod’s for help. Not once have I ever ask for help. But to me it appears that those that do should take a ong look at themselves in the mirror.
No one ran to the mods for help at all, some people complained about multiple people on both sides but thats not what made me update a clear cut policy on conduct here.

I used to be a helluva lot stricter, too strict, I was wrong , I have banned people in the earlier years for not agreeing with me. I changed years ago, comes with age I guess, you can ask my mods how much I have relaxed rules here. Some things you have to stand firm on. I am not perfect, I am just a man like the rest of you.

I am not asking for people to be angels, just asking people to take their personal attacks to PM so we can keep the forums clean and informative.

You flatter yourself thinking that anything you say frazzles me.
I can’t think of one subject you could come up with that would interest me. I have read a few of yours years ago and found them to be useless in subject matter and poorly written. But maybe your posting has gotten better but I can’t see it in your post today. But I do see a bright side to our discussion today. You have learned to count yo SIX. There I have conformed.

that was not a friendly post but it was not a personal attack post either...

Posting factual debatable information in an aggressive manner is fine, being hell bent on your views are fine, being passionate about it is fine, posting replies 200 times a day is fine. Despising who you are replying to or who is replying is to you is fine.

This small change in policy is easy to comply with when you are smart and know what you are talking about.

Politics will set people off in a second but our politics forum has very few vile personal attacks , oh we may have the occasional person calling someone a dumbass, but I am not going to harp on stuff like that nor am I going to pay attention to people who report stuff like that, that kind of stuff means nothing to me at all, The thing that triggers me is posting content about peoples personal life on a public internet forum, stalking people, people trying to get people fired. We have had it all over the years.

no , this would be an example of what would get him a ban

He said
6) I would tell you to have a nice day but I couldn't care less whether you do or not.

Now I will modify it to make it a temp ban offense

6) I would tell you to have a nice day but I couldn't care less whether you do or not because you are a piece of :::shit::: that lives at 555 maple lane and your whole family are meth heads

^^^^^^^^^^^
That is an example of a personal attack , if I banned every smart ass here I would have to ban everyone and then me last
It's kind of like Jello. There is always room for sarcasm!

This small change in policy is easy to comply with when you are smart and know what you are talking about
Guardrail was always a master at resolving conflicts in a diplomatic way. He was also good at putting you in your place without being a total ass.

Guardrail was always a master at resolving conflicts in a diplomatic way. He was also good at putting you in your place without being a total ass.
not gonna be resolving conflicts, not going to babysit grown men. The rules are in black and white for the good of the site.

Trolling/Personal Attacks will result in a short ban to begin with and will progress if it continues.
People know exactly what a personal attack is. And Trolling can include baiting others intentionally to get them banned.

Thank you Jeff, for putting up with us all these years. For keeping the site running smoothly and dependably
I wish you a very Happy Birthday and many more.

Your rules as set up are very good. A good under standing of what is expected keeps down misundertstandings
later. Should be nor trouble for anyone. Will be more active in the future.

Thank you Jeff, for putting up with us all these years. For keeping the site running smoothly and dependably
I wish you a very Happy Birthday and many more.

Your rules as set up are very good. A good under standing of what is expected keeps down misundertstandings
later. Should be nor trouble for anyone. Will be more active in the future.

There won't be any revenge moderating, my mods will mod by following our rules, I will also follow my rules, no do as I say not do as I do crap. The thread bans or temporary bans are not intended to make people mad and run them off, we don't want them to be run off .. The temp bans are short bans to nudge people in the right direction. If a user gets overly mad in a certain thread or he is trolling in that thread he may be banned just from that thread for as little as 1 hour to cool off. Thread bans let you send a message to a user while not having to ban him completely from the site.

Thanks for the birthday wishes

Those candles may be hot, be careful!

vn0qY9p.jpg