XPO | New Safety Policy

The company can and will do whatever they want at XPO/ConWay. That's the way it is without a working contract. This is what you agreed to when taking the job.

You guys thought you were special for a long time when ConWay used you for the example of a non Union trucking company, at the expense of many Teamsters and their families.

Now you don't feel so special after being bought out by a company that is a master at using and abusing truckers.
You are right , the company can and will do whatever they want ( union or non-union )

I work under a contract. You may not, but all intelligent people who haven't been bamboozled by the non Union BS, work Union, or at least under a contract. AKA pilots, ceo's, law enforcement, etc., etc..

Feel free to express your pride at working non Union. Just don't complain when they do what they do. Just embrace it. That's what non Union people should do.

Oh and by the way, your beloved " Mr. Jacobs", works under a contract.
The contract is only as strong as the unions will ( and power ) to enforce it.
See that's the thing, my issue is with only some of the individuals in the union, and the leadership of the union, not the members as a whole or you in particular. I've got several friends that are teamsters. Great guys. I do have a problem with those in the union that think I'm some subhuman species and don't deserve to work or exist just because I don't carry a card in my pocket.
20-30 years ago I probably would have agreed with you. But now a days, at least in the trucking industry, a job is just a job. These guys have to work somewhere. The NMFA is dead thanks to Hoffa and Hall. There isn't hardly enough jobs for everyone at UPSF, YRC and ABF. And many have had their own bad experiences with the union working at former jobs. Take for instance the YRC drivers who were screwed over by that 404(????) rule.

You appear to be bitter and have issues with some on the OD forum. I only posted 1 on topic question on the OD forum. I was attacked by the gestapo and chased off that forum never to return. But I'm not bitter towards the OD drivers. I welcome debating them when I feel they are wrong. But it would have to be on a union friendly forum where all opinions are welcome. Not over there where it's ruled with a union hating iron fist.
Unless a law is passed to require hourly pay it cannot happen without the union's blessing. On the other hand the union has a record of blessing anything any company wants to do. Please do keep us updated.
A few quotes from other posters. The common thought being the upper management of the union is maybe were you should direct your displeasure. Those of us that drive non-union have done nothing to you to warrant the comments you posted. In my case , it was who called first ( Yellow or Con-way , it was Con-way )

Last edited:
Well, when you have drivers like the current whining ConWay/ XPO drivers complaining about things that a contract would enforce, what can you do for these poor bamboozled drivers?

Just remember, intelligent people prefer working under a contract. AKA pilots, law enforcement, Teamster drivers and your current boss, the beloved "Mr. JACOBS".
I laughed also, it kind of bummed me out after I read the whole series I got to thinking about April 2019. I like thinking about putting up a big fight and getting a hunk of our money back. But then I go in to work at night and look at all the other drivers in the room and think to myself "these guys aren't up to a fight", maybe a few of them, but most of them are old men. I can see the handwriting on the wall if they offer us a little thirty cent a year wage increase and leave our medical alone these guys will be fighting to line up and say YES. There are no young fighters left, just a bunch of worn out old men that just need to get a few more years in. After reading that article I was thinking about trying to start a "Bring your baseball bat to work Tuesday" or "Make a scab bleed Thursday" movement, unfortunately I think I was born fifty years to late! Oh well, maybe in another ten years we will be up to almost twenty five bucks an hour. WooHoo
Would you like for XPO Logistics to vote union?

If we did vote for union representation AND we did get a contract - who would enforce the contract? The same people that block your grievances when you have uniforms made in China? The same ones that ask for a raise at their local(391) yet they know everyone else won't get the same raise? The same ones that are SUPPOSED to be passing out flyers at the Con-way terminal but staple a flyer to a pole and roll out as soon as our "Gentle Ben" TM says good morning? The same ones that work out west or for UPS and say my pension is fine while the CSPF is suffering?

As 5Tolls pointed out in the post above , the fight is not there. You seem passionate , can you get your union brothers and sisters to fix some of the internal problems instead of blaming outside companies and people? I hope the union adapts and grows in a modern world. The upper leadership has done such a disservice to it's members.

The company can and will do whatever they want at XPO/ConWay. That's the way it is without a working contract. This is what you agreed to when taking the job.

You guys thought you were special for a long time when ConWay used you for the example of a non Union trucking company, at the expense of many Teamsters and their families.

Now you don't feel so special after being bought out by a company that is a master at using and abusing truckers.

You got that all confused. Con-way was the master at using and abusing drivers. The things I have seen men lose 20 year careers over is appalling.

For drivers, XPO represents freedom from the previous regime. A rebirth into a business model that can cut out all the rediculousness of the past.

XPO is a vision of hope. If you don't get that. You don't get anything.

You got that all confused. Con-way was the master at using and abusing drivers. The things I have seen men lose 20 year careers over is appalling.

For drivers, XPO represents freedom from the previous regime. A rebirth into a business model that can cut out all the rediculousness of the past.

XPO is a vision of hope. If you don't get that. You don't get anything.
I hope your right driver! Best of luck to all of you!

I work under a contract. You may not, but all intelligent people who haven't been bamboozled by the non Union BS, work Union, or at least under a contract. AKA pilots, ceo's, law enforcement, etc., etc..

Feel free to express your pride at working non Union. Just don't complain when they do what they do. Just embrace it. That's what non Union people should do.

Oh and by the way, your beloved " Mr. Jacobs", works under a contract.

Intelligent people ? Like surgeons and scientists and architechs and computer geeks. They work without contracts.

They are all plenty smarter than us.

Intelligent people ? Like surgeons and scientists and architechs and computer geeks. They work without contracts.

They are all plenty smarter than us.

Speak for yourself, buddy. I'm like the Will Hunting of the LTL industry. Or something.

Why is it that pilots vote for Union representation, law enforcement are overwhelmingly represented by Union representation, your own "Mr. Jacobs", has a contract, but you prefer to eat boogers???????

And ask your fellow drivers why they even complain, or ask questions about company policy, when YOU chose to work without a contract?

Just accept it and move on, or don't whine.

But your beloved and praised "Mr. Jacobs", loves your personal contribution to the **** of your fellow conjob/xpo drivers.

KUDOS

And if I was an anti Union guy like you, I would ask your CEO, why he needs a contract protecting his employment, most certainly with a golden parachute covering his ass, when you and your fellow drivers must take whatever management gives, like unskilled sheep.
Bill Zollars.

Check my post over the years. I am not anti-union , I'm pro do-the-best-you-can.
I wonder does Hoffa or Hall have a contract and full pay and pension?

From outside of the union it looks as if the union has pushed the freight division behind. Airlines , UPS package , teachers , law enforcement , Uber , you name it that's where it seems like the focus is - God bless them , but what about the behind the scenes , hardworking , no quiting time , not glamorous , dangerous job having truck driver? Are the profit margins not good enough? Does the union only support the causes that get the most media? Even if it's not the unions fault as some have said , where is the brotherhood/sisterhood on helping those that are being ROBBED of their retirement? This is theft - there was/are contracts that the workers upheld - giving up their body , time , their life!

A lot of non-union drivers have worked for years in a union ( myself included ) A lot of us wish nothing for the best for the union workers. As much as the non-union workers/companies get blamed for your problems we could never hurt you as much as your leadership has. Not in a million years.

Sounds like your TM is a dick.
I agree. A good TM looks for ways to get his/her people OUT of trouble, versus getting them in to trouble. Building a solid team effort starts with having your team member's back. Writing people up for chicken ::shit:: issues builds a wall between management and employees, and having the two entities rowing in opposite directions is a recipe for disaster.

We are behind the taxi cab drivers and the motel maids these days! And talk to the teachers and the pilots sometime, they are starting to get screwed also. Unions have no leadership and the results are devastating! We need a real leader but I guess if Hillary and Trump are the best we can do for President the odds of finding the next Jimmy Hoffa are probably pretty slim!