TForce | New Start Work Instructions

Engineers?
No I haven't seen any around my terminal up till now.
It doesn't mean they won't come here.
But so far this is news to me,just like everyone else reading it on these truckingboards.

Do they ride with the city drivers,or do they follow along in their cars?

Or do these engineers let you go with them?
But that wouldn't make any sence unless they've got CDL's?
We've got to get our routes done no matter what they'er deal is.

The Diad tranining was started way back in August last year,and it didn't come to my terminal untill the first of February.
So if this process has just been introduced it may be a while before we see them here.

Apo the engineers went out with a few city drivers. In the same tractor and observed there city route.

do anyone know whats going with the union contract

From what I have heard,they will be meeting this week to discuss wages,most of the contact has been negotiated,and the end is in site...this is info that came from one of the locals so take it for what it is worth..I cant figure out why the International hasn't kept you guys more informed,my guess is that they want to get it RIGHT this time:1036316054:

I know this idea is just so much history now.
But if UPS had just let us go into the Teamsters LTL Master freight Aggeerment contract.
We would all be working under that very golden wage,and benefit package with company monies going into the union pension fund as we speak.

I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp when it comes to union issues?

But this is the very first question I asked at our first local Teamster meeting.
Which has never really been answered?

Like I've always stated we are LTL freight haulers just like our competitors Yellow,and ABF.
Why can't anyone tell me why than we are not intitled to automaticly be signed into this freight contract?

I'd really like a very good answer in responce to this post.
But as usual sarcasum won't be rejected.

YUP I use that delay of waiting for a door.
And I always get my lunch,but after my route is all done.
Although some of us city drivers are still having trouble with our Diads.
One guys crashed,on him and my TM had to send it somewhere to be fixed.

When I scan the pro's on my paper work at a pickup,my Diad always starts messing up on my second bill if I have more than one at any stop.
I have better luck if I manualy type in the number.
Maybe this boxes will be good for the company once they get the bugs out of them?
But untill they do they are a major hassel,and also a great big time waster.

Apo,

At Roadway, we use a Quaalcom system the Big R likes to call RDD....Roadway Digital Dispatch. When we first started using it we had the same problems you mention with your Diad boards. We use the RDD for everything from listing the pickups and deliveries to communicating with the dispatchers. It used to take forever to get our assignments, drivers would cross other drivers, nothing seemed to be getting done properly.

Embrace the technology. I love my RDD. My RDD is my friend. You will come to find in the future that it will work for you, far better than it works for the company.

Just my 2 cents!!

I know this idea is just so much history now.
But if UPS had just let us go into the Teamsters LTL Master freight Aggeerment contract.
We would all be working under that very golden wage,and benefit package with company monies going into the union pension fund as we speak.

I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp when it comes to union issues?

But this is the very first question I asked at our first local Teamster meeting.
Which has never really been answered?

Like I've always stated we are LTL freight haulers just like our competitors Yellow,and ABF.
Why can't anyone tell me why than we are not intitled to automaticly be signed into this freight contract?

I'd really like a very good answer in responce to this post.
But as usual sarcasum won't be rejected.

Apo,

just an educated guess here. While most contracts are modeled after the NMFA, there are dozens of supplemental agreements based on location or specific needs. Since it is a negotiation, there has to be some give and take on both sides. Honestly, I agree that it is a no brainer to just have gotten what we have in terms of a contract.

Well thanks for the incouragement on the techno product you call your friend,my truckingboard friend animo916.

You know I'm a really even tempered kind of guy.
I've put up with a lot over my very long trucking carrer.
But sometimes I'd like to take my friend the Diad and drop kick it under my trailer tires to put it out of its bloom-n misery,for all the messing up it does.

It seems like every day it shows me new ways that its not working the way I was instructed it was going to do what its supposed to do.

I sometimes also think this small computer is trying to mock me,asking me questions with its pop up boxes,instead of allowing the information I'm typing in to just go into my terminals data?

Yup this littile brown plastic tattel tailer may think its getting the best of me.
But believe me when I say I'm not going to allow it to beat me up.
Every dog has its day,and I'm not going to be defeated by this piece of techno plastic.

I am aware of the local supplements being added to any union contract.
But my original question,that I might add has never really been addressed is that even though we are now a UPS company.
We are still LTL freight haulers,with no difference between our operation,and Yellow,all of their companies as well as ABF.
So why in the world are we not permitted to be signed onto the Teamster National Master Freight Agreement?
It would of just been a company wide card check,with local supplements added.
Without this custom one of a kind made to order UPS freight negotiating going on.
By now we would all be Teamsters,and UPS would be paying into the union pension on our behalfs.

I'm so clueless on this issue,and have been put off so long,with people in high places dancing around with any info about I think this very valid question.

But who am I?
I know what I'm going to get with this line of thinking.
Just shut up,and wait to see whats going on with Indy,like the rest of us are doing.

OK maybe I'll let this issue go,but heres the other side of this.
We are clearly a LTL freight operation,and we are getting our own contract.
So next year when the National Master Freight contract runs out.
Will all of your future contracts mirror ours?

Apo,
You're smarter than you give yourself credit for. The hot rumor from the Local here in Indy is that all of the other union LTL freight companies are taking a keen interest in the UPS Freight master contract being created here in Indy because they may want to base the next NMFC on it. From what I have seen so far of the Proposals for the UPGF contract, it is very closely linked to the existing NMFC in terms of work rules etc.. In my opinion, the main reason we are getting our own contract instead of the NMFC is that UPS isknown for wanting everything to be proprietary so they don't have to share it with anyone else, especially their competitors? Hopefully I have finally answered your question. Sorry it took so long.
I am aware of the local supplements being added to any union contract.
But my original question,that I might add has never really been addressed is that even though we are now a UPS company.
We are still LTL freight haulers,with no difference between our operation,and Yellow,all of their companies as well as ABF.
So why in the world are we not permitted to be signed onto the Teamster National Master Freight Agreement?
It would of just been a company wide card check,with local supplements added.
Without this custom one of a kind made to order UPS freight negotiating going on.
By now we would all be Teamsters,and UPS would be paying into the union pension on our behalfs.

I'm so clueless on this issue,and have been put off so long,with people in high places dancing around with any info about I think this very valid question.

But who am I?
I know what I'm going to get with this line of thinking.
Just shut up,and wait to see whats going on with Indy,like the rest of us are doing.

OK maybe I'll let this issue go,but heres the other side of this.
We are clearly a LTL freight operation,and we are getting our own contract.
So next year when the National Master Freight contract runs out.
Will all of your future contracts mirror ours?

Apo,
You're smarter than you give yourself credit for. The hot rumor from the Local here in Indy is that all of the other union LTL freight companies are taking a keen interest in the UPS Freight master contract being created here in Indy because they may want to base the next NMFC on it. From what I have seen so far of the Proposals for the UPGF contract, it is very closely linked to the existing NMFC in terms of work rules etc.. In my opinion, the main reason we are getting our own contract instead of the NMFC is that UPS isknown for wanting everything to be proprietary so they don't have to share it with anyone else, especially their competitors? Hopefully I have finally answered your question. Sorry it took so long.

This is exactly what we are hearing in the north . To add a bit to what you have mentioned above. Or actually pertaining to what APO had mentioned, below.

The reason for a card check to be done in one terminal instead of all, was to show us ( UPGF EMPLOYEES )the negotiating power of the teamster's , in getting us better bennies and wages and work instruction ( rules) in comparison too what we currently have.

With that being said, anybody, on the fence with being teamsters at UPGF will be able to see a contract, and if they like , vote for it.... And 1 terminal to negotiate for is easier then 200+.

Well thank you posters very much for useful answers that make some sence.
I'm happy with this information.
But am very puzzeled why Teamster officials couldn't of just addressed this issue,instead of giving me the bums rush?

Well thats all in the past,now that I've brought this issue up its time for me to kick back,with everyone else and wait it out.

So thanks again for these long awaited answers.